PDA

View Full Version : NBA playoffs

Rebel N
02/06/2005, 8:42 PM
anyone interested in them

strangeirish
02/06/2005, 9:04 PM
I don't mean to be rude but I have lost interest since it became a thug league. I'm still stuck in the old days with the Bird v Magic matchups.

muls world
02/06/2005, 10:43 PM
Was too young to remember Magic and Bird, both legends, but what about Michael "Air" Jordan who won six NBA's in eight years with the Bulls? Not forgetting Pippen as well/

shedite
03/06/2005, 1:32 PM
Yeah I've watched it most nights. I'm on crutches at the moment so spend all my evenings watching TV. Spurs were very impressive but I'd love to see the heat win. I was at their game V Celtics in April. They're a very exciting team.

I actually went to 3 of the Celtics playoff games this year V Indiana. Savage show!

Rebel N
06/06/2005, 6:34 PM
whoever wins between Detroit and Miami i will support in final series

hamish
06/06/2005, 8:41 PM
[QUOTE=shedite]Yeah I've watched it most nights. I'm on crutches at the moment

Sorry to see that Shedite - hope it's not long term - get well soon Corky Boy!!
:)

shedite
06/06/2005, 10:27 PM
Cheers.

If you're ever drinking beer in a swimming pool DO NOT throw your empties to the botom of the pool. :rolleyes:

10 stitches and was on crutches for about 2 weeks but almost done. Think I've permanently lost the use of my big toe but I didn't use it much anyway :D

hamish
06/06/2005, 10:45 PM
Cheers.

If you're ever drinking beer in a swimming pool DO NOT throw your empties to the botom of the pool. :rolleyes:

10 stitches and was on crutches for about 2 weeks but almost done. Think I've permanently lost the use of my big toe but I didn't use it much anyway :D

Jeez, that sounds really nasty
..er...what do you use your big toe for when you do use it and can the response be pronted in Foot.ie???? :confused: :D

SaucyJack
07/06/2005, 9:05 PM
Just glad to see Alonzo Mourning won't get a champioship ring after shafting the NJ Nets big-time earlier this season,,,,Dwayne Wade seems to be a decent/non-thug fella, so only felt bad for him. Will be fine with San Antonio taking the whole thing.

hamish
08/06/2005, 10:22 PM
I thought the basketball in the Olympic was very exciting.

Tony Montana
22/06/2005, 12:01 AM
Looks like San Antonio have it wrapped up now anyway,would prefer Detroit to win though.Im a Lakers fan :( :( :(

shedite
22/06/2005, 3:41 PM
Game on after last night. Never doubted that they'd win having seen the pre-game interviews. Some Spurs player said they were here tonight to finish the job and that their vicotry parade has been fully paid for and planned for Thursday afternoon. Ben Wallace went ape when he heard this and took to the court like he was posessed. Game 7 is gonna be fantastic. Go Pistons!

Tony Montana
22/06/2005, 11:46 PM
Looking forward to game 7 now,still think spurs have it won though.Pistons are probably the better team overall.Home court advantage should swing it though.Ive always thought game 7 should be at a neutral venue,say MSG or Staples center,makes it a more even contest like a cup final.

Full_Time
23/06/2005, 7:15 PM
Im a Detroit fan and it would be great to see them win again this season.

Have a few beers ready in the fridge and the match is booked on my sky guide, it should be a great game.

Can I just ask who you all follow in the NBA??

shedite
23/06/2005, 7:30 PM
Not really pushed. Always like Houston Rockets during my NBA Jam days, then last year kinda fell for the Pistons while they were underdogs in the playoffs.

this year however, we were based in Boston and went to 6/7 Celtics games and they were savage. So I suppose they're my team really.

Tony Montana
23/06/2005, 8:26 PM
Lakers fan since Kareem/Magic days,soft spot for Bulls too from ninties team.Really disliked Pistons after the finals last year but they've grown on me all season,think they deserve to win it.Ben Wallace is the man!

Clifford
24/06/2005, 9:07 AM
Tim Duncan shrugged off a stretch of eight straight misses to dominate the fourth quarter of Game 7 on Thursday, finishing with 25 points and 11 rebounds as the San Antonio Spurs claimed the NBA title with a 81-74 win over the Detroit Pistons.

Duncan earned his third Most Valuable Player award of the finals, giving San Antonio its third title in seven years and denying Detroit a chance to repeat.

The Pistons recovered from two early blowout losses, won twice and then split the next two games before Duncan and the Spurs reasserted themselves in the end.

The NBA had waited a long time for a game with so much at stake and so little room for error. And the difference came in the fourth quarter, when the Spurs were able to make the plays the Pistons couldn't.

Detroit had won 10 straight postseason games with a chance to eliminate its opponent and was trying to become the first team in NBA history to win two Game 7s on the road in a postseason. As resilient as they were, that turned out to be too tough of a task.

Tony Montana
11/09/2005, 7:35 PM
76ers til I die

Could do something this season,A.I. was unstoppable last year!

Rebel N
19/09/2005, 10:18 PM
Could do something this season,A.I. was unstoppable last year!
i dont think they will but you never know

Unreal Madrid
22/09/2005, 12:33 AM
A.I. is world class, probably the reason I like Philly, that and the fact I won a few quid backing the 76ers last season. They got a lousy draw in the playoffs.

Can't agree with that. 76'rs were poor for the majority of last year and at one stage looked as if they would not make the play offs. In fact, if they were in the west, there record would have seen them outside the play offs. As for the draw, there is none. The higher you finish, the lower ranked team you play so it's in your own hands who you get. A.I. needs some help, he carried the team last year.

Watch out for Miami this year, they got Jason Williams at point and are about to get Gary Payton for experience.