PDA

View Full Version : Dublin vs Meath

Anto McC
02/06/2005, 6:27 PM
Anyone else going Sunday,I predict a Dublin win by 2 points.

C'MON YOU BOYS IN BLUE

Beavis
02/06/2005, 7:17 PM
Oh yes this is going to be quite the weekend.

Apparently its going to be the poorest attendance for Meath Dublin in years, tickets selling very slowly. I cant get a Hill ticket off ticketmaster though so Hill should be full, should make for a great atmosphere and back to the old times with spot the loony crowd surfers :D

Three points on Saturday, knocking the Royals from Leinster on Sunday and a benign weather system, could see this as one of the great weekends in recent history.

Meath not the force they were, I'd say a Dublin win but probably no more than one or two in it.

drummerboy
03/06/2005, 8:23 AM
I'll be there. Tight game, hoping for a Dublin win. See what Pillar is made of. Lack of interest in Meath towards this game, which might say a lot about their team. Great motivator for them though.

Aberdonian Stu
03/06/2005, 12:52 PM
On paper Dublin should win with a bit of room but the mental test of a Meath game should never be underestimated. I am, as always, ever pessimistic about the Dubs chances.

Anto McC
04/06/2005, 12:42 PM
I'll be there. Tight game, hoping for a Dublin win. See what Pillar is made of. Lack of interest in Meath towards this game, which might say a lot about their team. Great motivator for them though.

Well to put it bluntly,Meath of late are sh*te

Poor Student
05/06/2005, 3:54 PM
Half time Dublin are losing 1-6 to 1-4. Both teams not doing too well. Dublin have wasted a few chances but looked poor.

Poor Student
05/06/2005, 4:43 PM
Actually it was 1-7 to 1-5 at half time. The Dubs won in the end. Played quite well in the 2nd half. Won by 2 points. :D

By the looks of us we won't be winning the All Ireland though.

jimbob117
05/06/2005, 4:48 PM
brogan was class. did ya see his sliding tackle?? cunningham would have been proud.

Poor Student
05/06/2005, 5:17 PM
I thought Brogan did great work down the right corner. Cut in very well several times. Great self worked goal. Showed good strength to get rid of his man and carry on in normal stride and great finish.

As I said I don't think we'll win the All Ireland. We might do Leinster but I haven't seen much of the others. I imagine the two teams managed by the Kerry boys are going to be a threat again. Sadly these days I'd be delighted just to win the Leinster.

Anto McC
05/06/2005, 6:16 PM
I was at the game so i couldn't up date,As poor student said we won't win an all Ireland might we could well get Leinster.

Nice to see my scoreline prediction was right again.

Aberdonian Stu
07/06/2005, 1:21 PM
We were veryt wasteful with our finishing. Could have tied up the game but good to see a bit of grit in the performance in the second half.

Wexford will be an interesting prospect, with Homan still injury prone it's odd that we will have such an advantage at midfield despite playing Ryaner out of position.

Also for all the slagging he got (well from where I was in the Cusack) Coman Goggins did shut Geraghty out of the game when he went on him, although his pace is still a major question mark.

Troy.McClure
07/06/2005, 7:09 PM
Couldnt give a fflying fcuk about the 2 has beens playing eachother, but on the interview on 6.1 the Dublin selector said that the result was tampered by "what happened a few weeks ago up in Meath". What happened there? Someone die? :(

Anto McC
07/06/2005, 7:28 PM
Couldnt give a fflying fcuk about the 2 has beens playing eachother, but on the interview on 6.1 the Dublin selector said that the result was tampered by "what happened a few weeks ago up in Meath". What happened there? Someone die? :(

Why don't you just ask the question instead of giving us your usual if it's not about cork,i don't want to know crap. :mad:

He was talking about the bus crash in Navan for which there was a period of silence before the game aswell as the Meath players wearing black armbands.

Aberdonian Stu
08/06/2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah I thought the way they called it a period of silence was bit odd. Don't they usually say how long (you know 1 min, two etc).

Also Troy before you go bitching about has beens look at the Cork football team's performances in recent years. Ye're one of the few counties the Dubs record compares favourably with.