PDA

View Full Version : How Good Is Kevin Doyle

pete
02/06/2005, 3:39 PM
Myslelf & other City fans have rose tinted glasses when comes to Doyler so wondering what other regular eL fans think of him...

superfrank
02/06/2005, 3:52 PM
He's pretty good, have only seen him this season. I thought he played really well against Shels at the X in the Setanta. ;)

Can't remember any other games he's featured in..... :o

Roo69
02/06/2005, 3:56 PM
Myslelf & other City fans have rose tinted glasses when comes to Doyler so wondering what other regular eL fans think of him...

By eL standards he is very good, one of the best players in the league. It remains to be seen how he fairs across the water though. Still a lot to learn but he is going to a fantastic set up so thing are looking good for him at the moment. A bright future ahead of him i think.......

ger121
02/06/2005, 3:58 PM
Yeah he's a good player one of the best in the league at present. Should do well over seas hope you get a few quid for him and a few bonus payments for certain amount of games played, Ireland Caps etc...

BohDiddley
02/06/2005, 4:35 PM
Outstanding.

EnDai
02/06/2005, 4:43 PM
Yeah he's a good player one of the best in the league at present. Should do well over seas hope you get a few quid for him and a few bonus payments for certain amount of games played, Ireland Caps etc...

€117,000. Thats it I think. Cuz of a contract clause, no further money, that will, unless Reading are thick, be the lot.

Thats peanuts for a player of his quality.

Anto McC
02/06/2005, 5:42 PM
Brilliant,What i like about Kevin is he is not just a goalscorer.He can pass and create chances for other players,if you were stuck you could easily fit him into your midfield.

I just hope he gets the chance he deserves and is not left on the bench.

Slash/ED
02/06/2005, 5:49 PM
He's better than Murphy anyway imo.

Jaime
02/06/2005, 5:51 PM
A bit lightweight for the Championship?

Anto McC
02/06/2005, 5:57 PM
He's better than Murphy anyway imo.

Agreed

Cosmo
02/06/2005, 6:17 PM
Yeah I reckon he's better than Murphy too.

Would be very surprised if he didn't make it in england

student
02/06/2005, 8:12 PM
The great thing about Doyler is he has constantly and steadily improved over the last number of years. i remember him playing for st pats u17 and he was an average at that standard. but every time i have seen him since he seems to have improved, and is now one of the top five strikers in the league.

With youth on his side and what seems like a great attitude he certainly has the potential to at the very least hold his own at Reading

jofyisgod
02/06/2005, 8:55 PM
With youth on his side and what seems like a great attitude he certainly has the potential to at the very least hold his own at Reading

Exactly. I'm just so ****éd off that he's gone. A total fúck-up by City. Heads must roll after this...

TonyD
02/06/2005, 9:23 PM
Now you know how we felt when he walked out on Pats. I think he's a super player. Always rated him, from the time he made his debut as an eighteen year old for Pats.

Éanna
02/06/2005, 11:06 PM
Best player in the eircom League in my book. Its only a matter of when the guy gets in the Ireland team. If kerr has any sense he'll look at getting him in the team asap for the world cup ahead of morrison

harry crumb
02/06/2005, 11:18 PM
Best player in the eircom League in my book. Its only a matter of when the guy gets in the Ireland team. If kerr has any sense he'll look at getting him in the team asap for the world cup ahead of morrison

Morrison is ok. Its Doherty and Alan Lee that will be under threat.

The Sheliban
03/06/2005, 5:38 AM
Anytime I've seen him, he's always been overshadowed by George, but then again, so has everyone else.
The problem with football is that the cream doesn't always rise to the top.

pete
03/06/2005, 8:40 AM
Anytime I've seen him, he's always been overshadowed by George, but then again, so has everyone else.
The problem with football is that the cream doesn't always rise to the top.

I think thats because hes not a flashy player.

He wasn't much when came from Pats & very average in first season. Best thing is he celebrates goals with no fuss & never moans to refs when fouled. His finishing has improved no end from when joined the club now.

I wonder did Mick McCarthy realise he could have had Doyle for extra few quid...

jofyisgod
03/06/2005, 9:03 AM
Its Doherty and Alan Lee that will be under threat.
:D :eek: How the fúck are they even considered over Doyler??!!

ColinR
03/06/2005, 9:23 AM
calm down lads, give the lad a chance to prove himself in england, and then talk him up for the ireland squads

remember a few years ago, pats fans reckoned hawkins should have been in the ireland squads, then he went to doncaster and failed.

its very hard to judge if an eL is ood enough for the international squad, if they are good enough and they do go to england, then they will prove it through their ability.

time will tell if doyle is good enough for that level.

wws
03/06/2005, 9:29 AM
lads if he even makes it at Reading he'll be doing well - anything else will be a bonus - I feel some people are getting ahead of themselves - he's a very good player - but I've seen even better players fail to make an impact in a more competitive 'full on' environment. I hope he does well but I wouldn't put my house on it.

Éanna
03/06/2005, 1:00 PM
calm down lads, give the lad a chance to prove himself in england, and then talk him up for the ireland squads
no. he's proved himself for Ireland at U21 level already. Now he's stepping up a bit at club level, he deserves to do the same at international level

MariborKev
03/06/2005, 1:04 PM
no. he's proved himself for Ireland at U21 level already. Now he's stepping up a bit at club level, he deserves to do the same at international level

Yeah, because everyone who played U-21 went on to make it.

I wish Doyle well, and I am unsurprised with the Cork fans use of the hyperbole.

Éanna
03/06/2005, 1:06 PM
Yeah, because everyone who played U-21 went on to make it.

I wish Doyle well, and I am unsurprised with the Cork fans use of the hyperbole.
:D Fair point. I make no apologies for it. I think he is the best player I've seen in this League since i started going to games 10 years ago and he's going to get so much better

bluefan
04/06/2005, 12:09 AM
i watched kevin again last evening in the u 21 game, he came on as a sub and did very well , not suprised by that. i saw him in the u a e at the u 20 s world cup finals, and thought he will one day play for ireland seniors. if he goes to england now , then mark my words he ll play for the seniors. i think hes a great player. also murphy going to sunderland is a good move, but being a blues fan were going to miss him. good luck to both the lads. :)

town73
04/06/2005, 12:55 AM
thought he turned the game Ireland's way when he came on. Decent in the air, should have scored with a header. Quality player, will probably make it quicker than murphy because of the league he'll be in