PDA

View Full Version : ireland.com poll on Cork

Daniel McD
17/06/2001, 6:07 PM
www.ireland.com/sports/soccer

I'm pretty ****ed off about the title of the poll, its looking for negativity about the League, over the Cork result.

Go and defend our League !

A face
17/06/2001, 7:42 PM
poor on thier behalf, it really seands the wrong message and does not depict the game i was at yerterday.

A face
17/06/2001, 7:45 PM
my spelling has gone to pot

rebel yell
17/06/2001, 8:43 PM
Thanks for alerting us Daniel- I just gave my two ( euro) cents worth!

James
18/06/2001, 9:15 AM
bloody irish Times muppets
typical:mad: :mad: :mad:

Macy
18/06/2001, 11:16 AM
Get over to Ireland.com and support the league. They are trying to make out the league is ****e, because cork lose they're first match of the season against a fully professional team 9 or 10 games into their season, and who are currently top of their league. Just do it.

dahamsta
18/06/2001, 11:28 AM
I reckon that although the phrasing could be considered a bit off, they've got a point. I wouldn't call Metalurgs exactly "lowly", but the loss is still a "damning indictment of the quality of the National League". Also, to be fair, it is a poll. They're probably getting exactly the result they were looking for... :)

adam

James
18/06/2001, 12:32 PM
one mistake and they scored. thats all it was. i actually thought that the metal boys would be more of a threat, but i think gunther out gunthered himself with his 4-5-1 formation.

what with the open goal missed and the missed peno it could have easily finished 2-0 to city and nobody would be complaining about the poor state of irish soccer.

its just hype and people jumping on the banwagon.

it was the same last year. boez beat aberdeen and do well against the germans ( kaiser..slouteran..!!) and then everyone goes to the other extreme saying how great we are and demanding a glen crowe call up.

the reality though is that we are as bad as a 1-0 defeat to a latvian side yet neither does the national league have international class players.

anyway Ireland.com are a shower of muppets and never post any of my rantings.

Pauro 76
18/06/2001, 12:50 PM
Just checked out the site, it just really ****es me off when people slag off the League like this. They'd rather watch Sky with their Premiership jerseys watching teams they cant identify with, but at the same time, slag off Irish teams they cant be bothered to get off their arses and watch. I really hope Eircom league sides can prove these ignorant shower of gits wrong.....:mad: :mad: :mad: :

James
18/06/2001, 12:53 PM
agreed Pauru7, we'll be looking forward to the draw on thursday isnt it. hope ye dont draw a poxy ****y latvian side they will rob you blind 1-0

who knows might try to make it up for the home match and depending on the away draw...another member for your buckfast army...

Pauro 76
18/06/2001, 1:06 PM
Cheers James, hope ye lads do well in the replay, its not over by a long shot....

Pauro 76
18/06/2001, 2:38 PM
Im a Longford fan meself, but it does **** me about that poll, juging an entire league on one game. Hope City stuff the Latvians away to shut the ignorant gits up. :mad:

joe
18/06/2001, 4:46 PM
Maybe Saturday's result is just a damning indictment of the quality of one National League club?????

Pauro 76
18/06/2001, 4:54 PM
I reckon its just the Irish Times just gloating about the fact that they want us to fall flat on our faces....

James
18/06/2001, 5:13 PM
dunno bout that i just think they are ignorant about the whole thing..they dont know any better...they actually believe what they are putting on the site..

or else they are winging us up to (a) get hits on their pathetic site or (b) to wind us up..seeing as them premier****e boys or on a summer break

Éanna
18/06/2001, 5:57 PM
I'd say it's both A and B james.

gheewhizz
19/06/2001, 2:03 AM
Every year it's the same thing from all the Irish media. They don't do anything to promote the LOI.
The only time you really see anything in the Irish media about the league is to promote the -ive side of the LOI.

The people that are always criticise the LOI are the very people who will not go a 100 yards to support their local team,but go 5 miles to their local pub or go cross channel to see an English team. All this really ****es me off :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I love the LOI & enjoy all LOI matches & so would loads of other cribbers about the league if they went too see a few games!!!

I hope City & all the other National League teams get into the first round proper of their respected competitions!!

Neil
19/06/2001, 2:13 AM
damning indictment of the quality of one National League club?????

Agreed joe. That's what struck me when I saw the title of the poll. Why tarnish all other eL clubs with the City brush. We are in a complete mess at the moment, and it doesn't look like getting any better with Gunther and the cronies running the show. Judas Freyne and the boys are really ****ing me off.

Éanna
19/06/2001, 5:24 PM
Yeah, well said. We are a shambles and it's about time someone sorted things out. I can't see anyone there at the moment doing that though.:(