PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Subscriptions....

shedite
02/06/2005, 1:50 PM
Does anybody subscribe to any magazines in Ireland?

I'm in America for 6 months and have subscribed to Sports Illustrated and FHM. Sports Illustrated is a 90 page magazine every week. 26 issues delived to my door - $20.

And FHM (I'm sure ye're all well aware of what this is), 6 issues $10.

The prices of these in the shops is about $5 each for sports illustrated and $7 each for FHM. The subscription price saves a ridiculous amount of money.

IS there any cheap subscriptions in Ireland? These's one UK one I found but even that is pretty rubbish. Link is below. Have a look at the American Prices (prepare to get sick)

www.uksubscribe.com
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/604992/002-6925356-2851230

carrickharp
02/06/2005, 3:24 PM
Guns & Ammo [MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION]

Cover Price: $47.88
Price: $14.97 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. See details. ($1.25/issue)
You Save: $32.91 (69%)
Issues: 12 issues/12 months

It will sell well out around the Blanchardstown area :p

Malby
02/06/2005, 3:31 PM
Does anybody subscribe to any magazines in Ireland?

I'm in America for 6 months and have subscribed to Sports Illustrated and FHM. Sports Illustrated is a 90 page magazine every week. 26 issues delived to my door - $20.

And FHM (I'm sure ye're all well aware of what this is), 6 issues $10.

The prices of these in the shops is about $5 each for sports illustrated and $7 each for FHM. The subscription price saves a ridiculous amount of money.

IS there any cheap subscriptions in Ireland? These's one UK one I found but even that is pretty rubbish. Link is below. Have a look at the American Prices (prepare to get sick)

www.uksubscribe.com
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/604992/002-6925356-2851230
I am sick!!! $1.50 an issue on average and delivered to your door!

Rip off Ireland I tells ya! FHM is the guts of €6 an issue here.

Aberdonian Stu
03/06/2005, 1:12 PM
Actually the "Rip off Ireland" argument doesn't really apply here (although in other areas I'd agree) we can get dirt cheap subscriptions of loads of mags. I know that an annual sub to The Economist works out at around a third of what you'd pay buying it weekly in the shops and you get free access to all its online content.

Don Vito
03/06/2005, 3:55 PM
Actually the "Rip off Ireland" argument doesn't really apply here (although in other areas I'd agree) we can get dirt cheap subscriptions of loads of mags. I know that an annual sub to The Economist works out at around a third of what you'd pay buying it weekly in the shops and you get free access to all its online content.

How much is the subsription to the Economist Stu? Been threatening to get it for a while now.

jofyisgod
03/06/2005, 5:34 PM
How much is the subsription to the Economist Stu? Been threatening to get it for a while now.

It's well worth whatever the cost is (not sure myself?). The articles are well-witeen, yet comprehendable to a normal person, they are very good with analysing events rather than solely reporting them and the online facilities are great. For example, i get e-mails weekly about subjects of my choice, be it Politics, or one specifically about events in London/New York/LA, your choice.