PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Saturday

Pages : [1] 2

Littlest Hobo
02/06/2005, 1:02 PM
Let's get the ball rollin on the predictions for saturdays game.
Reckon it'll be tight, at 1-0 with Robbie grabbing his 25th for the green army. :D

elroy
02/06/2005, 1:04 PM
have a bad feeling about this one, have a feeling it could be similar to Albania at home in the last campaign. If we score early (and dont sit back) we should be fine.
Prob a narrow 2-1 win for us.

Tired&Emotional
02/06/2005, 1:08 PM
I think the nerves (my own, that is!) are startin to kick in now!:eek: :)

Reckon 2-0...we're just gonna go for it. The lads know that they need a win, and they'll be well focused for the job in hand.......I hope

And Duffer for the first goal !

Peadar
02/06/2005, 1:12 PM
1-0
With us living dangerously towards the end, again. :(

A win is a win, is a win.

stojkovic
02/06/2005, 1:17 PM
Hopefully 2-0.
Robbie to score early, we get a few scares and wait for it, late substitute Ian Harte scores a free kick late on.

elroy
02/06/2005, 1:25 PM
Hopefully 2-0.
late substitute Ian Harte scores a free kick late on.

not that would be a story

KR's Post
02/06/2005, 1:28 PM
A very comfortable 3-0 to the boys. Robbie Keane, Duffer and Kilabane with a header.... We are so good at home and i know Israel have gone to Paris and drawn and have good results so far. But with the crowd(including me in the north terrace) behind the team they will thump Israel. Oh god i hope im right!!! :eek:

eirebhoy
02/06/2005, 1:36 PM
2-0. Stephen Reid and Keane with the goals. :)

tetsujin1979
02/06/2005, 1:41 PM
Lads if we can't beat Israel at home we have no right wanting to go to a WC Finals.

By that logic, France don't deserve to go either??
I reckon it'll be tight, probably only one goal in it, Israel have only conceded one goal away from home (although they have only played France and Cyprus) and in the previous qualifiers France had put 3 past them in Paris, so they would have been expected to thump the Israelis.

I'll go for 2-1 Robbie early on and Duffer, with a late consoliation for the Israelis.

drummerboy
02/06/2005, 1:49 PM
The big question is can Kerr’s teams break down stubborn defences at home. He can get points away from home but I'm yet to be convinced he can win big games at home. All will be relieved.

stojkovic
02/06/2005, 1:54 PM
The big question is can Kerr’s teams break down stubborn defences at home. He can get points away from home but I'm yet to be convinced he can win big games at home. All will be relieved.
We beat Albania didnt we ! ;)

Havelock Squire
02/06/2005, 1:55 PM
I'll be relieved if Kerr reveals Elliott as 2nd half sub. Then we'll revel in a 3-0 win. Elliott to score of course :)

Dublin12
02/06/2005, 2:00 PM
I'll be disappointed if we don't pick up 3 points here,no disrespect to Isreal but we should be beating the like of a team such as this,it's not like were playing Denmark,Croatia,Poland,Sweden and I would put them in a bracket below those teams.I don't care what the score is but as long as we get 3 points we'll all be happy.It's time to produce the goods now,no more draws.CMON IRELAND :cool:

Dotsy
02/06/2005, 2:04 PM
I think they will pack midfield and defence and will be hard to breakdown. Andy Reid to score second half with a bit of magic and Clinton to follow with a second. 2:0

Littlest Hobo
02/06/2005, 2:06 PM
I reckon Grant will opt for the same formation he played in the goalless draw against France in the opening game of Israel's campaign in Paris last year - a five-man defense with a two-man midfield and three up front.
There gonna be very stuborn and difficult to break down.
They'll also be dangerous on the break, with their three up front being a handfull for our back four.
Were gonna miss Roy in the middle, but still reckon we have more than enough to beat these. :)

Dublin12
02/06/2005, 2:13 PM
I heard Beniyoun was suffering from flu this week,any truth in that?

drinkfeckarse
02/06/2005, 2:15 PM
I'll go for 2-0 with Robbie to get the first one.

Baker
02/06/2005, 2:19 PM
I think we should beat them quiet easily but these things never really go to plan and the Israelis seem to be getting their fair share of luck so Id settle now for a scrappy one nil win as long as we get the three points.

eirebhoy
02/06/2005, 2:20 PM
[QUOTE=Tuff PaddyThat Yossi Beniyoun didn't exactly set the world on fire last time round, did he?[/QUOTE]
either did Duff really. :)

Drumcondra Red
02/06/2005, 2:21 PM
2-0 or 3-1, not sure which but one of them :D

Green Tribe
02/06/2005, 2:29 PM
I heard Beniyoun was suffering from flu this week,any truth in that?

Hope he's riddled with it, no harm to him, I am nervous about this game, however I am relying on home support to get behind the team, and seek revenge :mad: for that late equaliser in Tel aviv! Clinty said he'd score twice for me in this game :D but i think we will also get a third goal from an unlikely source, israelis will of course get a sneaky one at the end

3-1 to the boys in green!

Woo-hoo............. Bring it on!! :)

TerryPhelan
02/06/2005, 2:32 PM
have a bad feeling about this one, have a feeling it could be similar to Albania at home in the last campaign.

I am admittedly nervous and consumed by pessimism before every Ireland game - probably because I feel that predicting a win will only jinx it and I will be haunted by the sick feeling that any bad result is my fault. The football fan'scondition, I suppose... :rolleyes:

I know we can beat Israel. We played very good possession football against them in Tel Aviv and that completely took the sting out of them. They couldn't get near us for most of the game. It was our lack of invention from midfield and drive up front that cost us. Hopefully Kavanagh and Andy Reid will remedy this.

However, I think people are underestimating Israel too: they can well beat us. I keep having premonitions of Robbie going close in the first few minutes before they zip down the pitch (they will probably set out to play counter attack football, something we've never been comfortable with) and crack in a stunner. They'll be 2-0 up by half time. Mark my words. Shades of Spain '93, with George Hamilton producing the 'no, your eyes do not deceive you, it's Ireland 0, Israel 2'. :(

Somebody has to temper all the jinx-inducing optimism on this thread. So I'm going with 2-1 to Israel. World Cup hopes in the dustbin. Bracing myself for another edge-of-seat nerve-shattering 90 minutes. Fingers and all other opposable digits are crossed (not easy to type, mind)... :o :)

go israel
02/06/2005, 2:32 PM
0-1 / 0-0

sadly you guys will not have any reason to be happy come saturday.
this thread explains exactly why - all of you are sure you are going to win, and i think that your players (even though they don't say it) think the same.
israel is a strong and stubbern team that doesn't have any stars (except for yossi, but it seems that you guys don't think he is something, even that 2 weeks ago he scored 3 goals in a game at the spanish premiership,so that will be even better for us...).
israel didn't lose any game yet and she played france twice, you guys and the swiss. so i don't think that a win for you guys is so obvious.
anyway i have gone to all of israels away games in this campign (and i am also coming tomorow for this one), and israel plays better away then at home. ben haim not playing isn't that important there are enogh good defenders from the israeli league (where ben haim played last year).
another important thing is that israel knows that a win in dublin almost for sure secures a place in the top 2 - since we have only 1 swiss game and 2 faros left after this. while ireland still have to play swiss and france (and cyprus away which isn't an obvius win - i know bcause we lost there twice in previous campigns. and in those campgns we won and drew france and spain).
one more important thing is that israel is playing with no presure since not qualfying will not be considerd as a failure.

so to sumerize - an early goal for israel and then 80 minutes of bunker defence.

see you saturday at landsdown road ( i hope i wrote it right...)

Green Tribe
02/06/2005, 2:33 PM
I just want to see an aggressive, attacking Irish performance. And if and when we go 1-0 up, we push on and make it 2-0, not sit back like morons and wait.

Hear hear!
Nothing more frustrating ! :mad:

Colm55
02/06/2005, 2:42 PM
I'm going for 3-1, i'm confident that were strong enough to win comfortably but lapses in concentration or sitting back for the final ten mins will allow the isrealis a goal, but the work will have been done at that stage !

davey
02/06/2005, 2:42 PM
2-0 Ireland. One in each half. Robbie and Zilbane with the goals. I'm not that nervous actually - always confident at home and with good reason to be.

eirebhoy
02/06/2005, 2:53 PM
Hear hear!
Nothing more frustrating ! :mad:
I'm the opposite. There's nothing more frustrating for me than listening to people saying Israel are crap. Kerr and the players know how strong or weak Israel are. The players will be happy if we give Israel the respect they deserve while the Israeli players will be more than happy if our fans and media write them off.

Tuff Paddy - There's not a lot of Irish midfielders that would score a hattrick against anyone, never mind Andrade and co from Deportivo. Lets give him the respect he deserves. I hate foreigners not giving Duffer the credit he deserves.

go israel
02/06/2005, 2:59 PM
[QUOTE=Tuff Paddy

Just to put you right about your beloved Yossi: he was laughed out of Ajax. They even ran an interview on Dutch TV with his mother bemoaning the "ugliness of the tomatoes" at an Amsterdam market. He couldn't cut it then and he's only playing for Racing Santander in Spain. He's hardly Maradona.[/QUOTE]

you are right about ajax - but he was 15 years old, and he comes from a very small city in israel and being in a diffrent country and a diffrent language wasn't easy for him.
from then he grew and he plays in spain for the last years.
you are also right about racing being a small club in spain, but coming from israel you don't go straight to the big clubs, you have to play in the mid level clubs before. next year he will move to a better club (maybe newcastle). if he was coming from ireland he was in a bigger club now. another thing is that scoring 3 goals in one game in the spanish leauge (against deportivo) isn't something you see a lot of players do, also scoring 3 goals in his last 4 matches against real madrid, and also his 2 goals in the game against the swiss (if you have seen them). so scoring agains ireland won't be "the top of his carear".
as i said it also helps that you guys don't think much about us and him. the newspapers here are full today with articels saying that you see us as the faroes "biggest sister". and that is excellent for us. the last team that didn't take us serious were austria and they lost 5-0 in the game in tel aviv...

Eh Weh
02/06/2005, 3:00 PM
Its been said before and ill say it again, if we cant beat ISRAEL at HOME we dont deserve to go to the Finals, simple as that. We have 2 players suspended so do they, and both teams have injury concerns, lets be honest we played absolute cap over there and they were lucky to scrape a draw. The Irish team in my opinion needs to start delivering, we have a good team with the two Keanes, Duff, Given and Finnan ect. This rubbish that Kerr goes on with we dont have to win it, no we dont but who wants another bloody play off when we are easily capable of topping the group... its time to take control of the group!

Tired&Emotional
02/06/2005, 3:00 PM
"Go Israel", what is the Israeli equivalent of Foot.ie? Wouldn't mind startin a thread there..... ;) :D

Donal81
02/06/2005, 3:01 PM
Israel aren't crap but they're not excellent either and I'm sick of the hype. We're a better team, we've home advantage, let's do them. 2-0.

Eh Weh
02/06/2005, 3:04 PM
Israel aren't crap but they're not excellent either and I'm sick of the hype. We're a better team, we've home advantage, let's do them. 2-0. What Donal says! The hype is ridiculous youd think we were playing France!

go israel
02/06/2005, 3:05 PM
"Go Israel", what is the Israeli equivalent of Foot.ie? Wouldn't mind startin a thread there..... ;) :D

it's www.tapuz.co.il and then you go to the soccer section. but i don't think it will help you a lot unless you control fluent hebrew...

go israel
02/06/2005, 3:09 PM
What Donal says! The hype is ridiculous youd think we were playing France!

excatly what your players are thinking also...
and grant, yossi and the guys know that...

as i said before, a quick early goal from israel, and then locking down the gate...

Tired&Emotional
02/06/2005, 3:14 PM
it's www.tapuz.co.il and then you go to the soccer section. but i don't think it will help you a lot unless you control fluent hebrew...

Cheers. I was hoping that's where you'd come in.......now, what's the Hebrew for "any goodlookin' Israeli girls travelling to Dublin this weekend?!!" ;) :)

go israel
02/06/2005, 3:21 PM
Cheers. I was hoping that's where you'd come in.......now, what's the Hebrew for "any goodlookin' Israeli girls travelling to Dublin this weekend?!!" ;) :)

goodlookin israeli girls don't go on sport's trips specially not soccer one's but i guess you would run across some israeli's trying to sell tickets, since where i bought my tickets they were surpriced that i didn't want to buy more than 2 (for me and my partner).

Tired&Emotional
02/06/2005, 3:25 PM
goodlookin israeli girls don't go on sport's trips specially not soccer one's but i guess you would run across some israeli's trying to sell tickets, since where i bought my tickets they were surpriced that i didn't want to buy more than 2 (for me and my partner).

It's cool, only havin' a laugh... :D

Donal81
02/06/2005, 3:30 PM
excatly what your players are thinking also...
and grant, yossi and the guys know that...

as i said before, a quick early goal from israel, and then locking down the gate...

Mate, if you're so good, I don't know why it took a last minute goal to draw with us on your home ground and nor do I understand how you struggled to beat Cyprus twice. Best of luck to you, you're not a bad team and certainly better than I originally thought but you've been riding your luck so far. :)

go israel
02/06/2005, 3:32 PM

you can go to the leading sportsite: www.one.co.il, and see the hype around the game here. most of the sport news are about the game (the team landed in dublin, yossi sneazed, grant blinked etc.)

elroy
02/06/2005, 3:42 PM
you can go to the leading sportsite: www.one.co.il, and see the hype around the game here. most of the sport news are about the game (the team landed in dublin, yossi sneazed, grant blinked etc.)

are you the same guy who came on here gloating after the draw in tel aviv?
maybe just maybe we would underestimate ye if we have played out a draw under normal circumstances in tel aviv. but the fact ye scored with a last min goal ensures we intend nothing but revenge.
Im sorry you can go on about this guy in the spanish league as much as you want but i tell you playing Ireland in front of a packed lansdowne road is a millions times tougher than your average spanish league game.
Im glad Israel are doing well and i hope it continues after sat but ye will be stopped in your track by the boys in green on sat-trust me.

go israel
02/06/2005, 3:42 PM
Mate, if you're so good, I don't know why it took a last minute goal to draw with us on your home ground and nor do I understand how you struggled to beat Cyprus twice. Best of luck to you, you're not a bad team and certainly better than I originally thought but you've been riding your luck so far. :)

i'm not at all saying that we are so good. but..
we are for sure not as easy as you guys think we are
we have better results then ireland so far in this campign (we played france twice and away at cyprus)
wining in cyprus isn't easy, as i said before, and you will discover that when you play there.
every team needs some luck - look at liverpool against chelsea and then going on to win the champions.
we have no pressure as to ireland which will play with pressure to win the game.

so after all our situation is promising

elroy
02/06/2005, 3:44 PM
we have better results then ireland so far in this campign (we played france twice and away at cyprus)
wining in cyprus isn't easy, as i said before, and you will discover that when you play there.
every team needs some luck - look at liverpool against chelsea and then going on to win the champions.
we have no pressure as to ireland which will play with pressure to win the game.

yes ye did have a good result against the french at home, i watched that game and there is no doubt the sending off of trezeguet changed the game. France were by far the better side in the first half and ye wouldve not equalised if the french had 11 men

go israel
02/06/2005, 3:46 PM
yep . . . and on Saturday our wolves will blow your house down. Enjoy the games against the Faroes, you'll get the points there.
By my calculations, if Israel lose on Saturday it's adios (or whatever that is in Hebrew).

it's also adios for you if you guys lose... (just a bitty chance for second left)

go israel
02/06/2005, 3:48 PM
yes ye did have a good result against the french at home, i watched that game and there is no doubt the sending off of trezeguet changed the game. ye wouldve not equalised only if the french had 11 men

and ireland wouldn't have scored in tel aviv even if the game went on for 10 hours more... so you're lucky for the early one

Tired&Emotional
02/06/2005, 3:49 PM
This is all brewin' up nicely....can't wait for the game!

You're a brave man "Go Israel" I'll give ya that.... :D

Donal81
02/06/2005, 3:50 PM

I can't stand the Swiss and the French have had their shot so I'd prefer it if it was Ireland and Israel qualifying. However, you're basing a lot on lucky results. Also, your defenders kicked Duff off the pitch in Tel Aviv and they won't get away with that in Dublin.

go israel
02/06/2005, 3:52 PM
are you the same guy who came on here gloating after the draw in tel aviv?
maybe just maybe we would underestimate ye if we have played out a draw under normal circumstances in tel aviv. but the fact ye scored with a last min goal ensures we intend nothing but revenge.
Im sorry you can go on about this guy in the spanish league as much as you want but i tell you playing Ireland in front of a packed lansdowne road is a millions times tougher than your average spanish league game.
Im glad Israel are doing well and i hope it continues after sat but ye will be stopped in your track by the boys in green on sat-trust me.

i'm not that guy it's my first time here, and you have a great forum.
i hope that after satuerday you will know "this guy"'s name good...
and i think scoring twice against real in the bernabeo in front of 90000 people qualifies as enogh

Lionel Ritchie
02/06/2005, 3:54 PM
Heh Go Israel, welcome aboard (well one of us has to show the guy some manners rather than biting the head of him for having the gall to not only support his own country but be optimistic for their chances ;) )

Hope you've a great time in Dublin and enjoy the game whatever the result.

Two-Nil to us by the way!!! :D

Donal81
02/06/2005, 4:00 PM
Heh Go Israel, welcome aboard (well one of us has to show the guy some manners rather than biting the head of him for having the gall to not only support his own country but be optimistic for their chances ;) )

Hope you've a great time in Dublin and enjoy the game whatever the result.

Two-Nil to us by the way!!! :D

Spot on Lionel Ritchie (I never thought I'd be typing that), foot.ie is a broad church so welcome and good luck on Saturday (you'll need it!). :D

Tired&Emotional
02/06/2005, 4:00 PM
Céad míle fáilte "Go Israel"........(hope you're familiar with this traditional Irish welcome!) 2-0 Ireland!