PDA

View Full Version : burns agrees to stay..

Rory H
02/06/2005, 10:08 AM
see sligo champion

liam burns agrees to stay to end of july....connor hopeful of keeping him to end of season but will not stand in his way if he gets an offer from england in july

----------------------------------------------

great great news....not only is he a class player..his professionalism is a breath of fresh air...the man should be playing at a higher level,he still holds a tremendous respect for rovers though unlike some of the "divas" we have signed.....him and michael mac are a rock in defence.huge boost:}

Mitch Buchanon
02/06/2005, 10:20 AM
That is fantastic news that we get him for another month. He'll definitely get signed in England I'd say unfortunately.

Da Real Rover
02/06/2005, 11:59 AM
Brilliant news, brilliant defender.

gustavo
02/06/2005, 12:04 PM
ehhhhhxecellent

sligoman
02/06/2005, 1:26 PM
SLIGO Rovers have been given a timely boost with confirmation that central defender, Liam Burns, has pledged his immediate future to the club.

Burns will stay at the Showgrounds for at least another two months and will sit down for further talks with manager, Sean Connor, at the end of July.

“I am delighted Liam has come to this decision at this time. It it a major fillip for us, because he is a top class player and has proved that since he has been here.

“I am hopeful we will have him until the end of the season, but obviously if an offer comes in from England in July, I can’t stand in his way,” the manager stated.

http://www.unison.ie/sligo_champion/stories.php3?ca=94&si=1407431&issue_id=12555

ali2005
02/06/2005, 8:03 PM
He will definentily go. Sad to c him go top class defender.