PDA

View Full Version : lifeline (hangover defence)

the 12 th man
02/06/2005, 9:27 AM
got a free sample (2 tablets)of this in the chemist yesterday:

first of all the good news.

the ingredients in it mop up the alcohol in your system but does'nt stop the "buzz".

you just take the tablets within an hour of starting to drink.

bads news//:only recommended for a "moderate" nights drinking.

i'll give them a lash next time i'm having a skinfull and report back.

Macy
02/06/2005, 9:33 AM
If it was only a moderate nights drinking, surely you wouldn't need them anyway?

Fail safe method is 2 pints of water before bed time anyway (biggest problem being to píssed to be arsed)... :D

Ruairi
02/06/2005, 9:37 AM
I tried them once.. there so big they're like horse tranquilisers... and they didnt work.......

Malby
02/06/2005, 9:40 AM
If it was only a moderate nights drinking, surely you wouldn't need them anyway?

Fail safe method is 2 pints of water before bed time anyway (biggest problem being to píssed to be arsed)... :D
Yeah everyone knows that method but nobody does it anyway!

the 12 th man
02/06/2005, 9:44 AM
I tried them once.. there so big they're like horse tranquilisers... and they didnt work.......

think you're mixing them up with "verve" or similar.

these are small ,like a headache -tablet size and you can take them with your gargle.

Macy
02/06/2005, 9:48 AM
Yeah everyone knows that method but nobody does it anyway!
I've got better as I've got older.... as the hangovers have got worse.

Looking forward to Sunday morning, after years of muppets telling me my hangovers are caused by smoking, an all day session now I don't anymore should prove it :rolleyes:

Éanna
02/06/2005, 10:49 AM

these are small ,like a headache -tablet size and you can take them with your gargle.
They would have seemed very big to little ruairi though :D

Ash
02/06/2005, 10:58 AM

That Verve stuff is woeful. Took it once and actually felt worse after it!
Best thing after a massive session is 2 headache tablets and a pint of
water before the leaba

Dublin12
02/06/2005, 11:01 AM
If any way p1ssed surely a pint of water before the bed will result in you p1ssing the bed :eek: ,not that it's happened to me like :o :rolleyes: :eek:

Macy
02/06/2005, 11:06 AM
If any way p1ssed surely a pint of water before the bed will result in you p1ssing the bed :eek: ,not that it's happened to me like :o :rolleyes: :eek:
:eek: You must have bladder problems...

Anyway, another pint or two on top of 10+ isn't going to make much difference to the amount of fluid....

Malby
02/06/2005, 11:10 AM
I've got better as I've got older.... as the hangovers have got worse.

Looking forward to Sunday morning, after years of muppets telling me my hangovers are caused by smoking, an all day session now I don't anymore should prove it :rolleyes:
So how old are ya?

Smoking doesn't cause a hangover but does make you feel like ****e next day as if you are like me you'd smoke way more when on the tear.

A good lie on is the only proper cure. Having kids means I never get one!

noby
02/06/2005, 1:10 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Vitamin B tablets
Get them in any chemist.

Take one before you go out, and if you want to take another before you hit the pillow. You'll know they're working when you see illuminous yellow pi55.

A major cause of the hangover symptoms is vitamin defficiency caused by the alcohol, so you're topping up your vitamins before you hit the drink.

Alternatively, hefe-weizens (cloudy wheat beer) haven't had the yeast filtered out. That yeast is full of vitamin B, so the more you drink, the more you're curing your hangover. A kind of a drunken catch 22.

Macy
02/06/2005, 1:19 PM
Alternatively, hefe-weizens (cloudy wheat beer) haven't had the yeast filtered out. That yeast is full of vitamin B, so the more you drink, the more you're curing your hangover. A kind of a drunken catch 22.
he he, bit like cranberry juice repairing the liver.... :D