PDA

View Full Version : Cork Fans Travelling to Galway

gufct
02/06/2005, 9:04 AM
Parking at the ground is limited so if you want to get a spot get there early before 7pm.The best alternative place is the Menlo Park Hotel Car Park which is less than 5 minutes walk from Terryland and is the closest Pub to the ground and it also does food.Any other help needed just post your questions here or in the Galway United Section. :ball:

Eire06
02/06/2005, 9:06 AM
the Menlo Park Hotel Car Park which is less than 5 minutes walk from Terryland
You never mentioned that walk is up hill!! :o

Éanna
02/06/2005, 10:54 AM
the car will hopefully be dropped off long before kick off :D

Peadar
02/06/2005, 10:59 AM
walk is up hill!! :o

Sure the walk back will be all downhill, a bit like how your season has gone. :p

Can you recommend some fine eateries where the Rebel Army can have their victory meal?
Something along the line of Lennox's would be fine. :)

Éanna
02/06/2005, 11:11 AM
Sure the walk back will be all downhill, a bit like how your season has gone. :p

Can you recommend some fine eateries where the Rebel Army can have their victory meal?
Something along the line of Lennox's would be fine. :)
supermacs is only down the road...... :D McDonaghs is excellent for fish and chips (so I'm told, I don't eat fish) and there's an Eddie Rocketts not too far away either. My cousin used to have a lovely chipper up there, but its not there anymore :(

gufct
02/06/2005, 11:11 AM
Lennoxs that is!

Peadar
02/06/2005, 11:15 AM
Whats that like

A no nonsense chipper.

gufct
02/06/2005, 11:23 AM
mainly Supermacs or McDonalds.Marios is good but hard to get too id let one of our more intrepid fans give you directions.

There will be a section of the stand reserved for Cork City Fans and were looking forward to a bit of Atmosphere on the night.

Éanna
02/06/2005, 11:26 AM
mainly Supermacs or McDonalds.Marios is good but hard to get too id let one of our more intrepid fans give you directions.

There will be a section of the stand reserved for Cork City Fans and were looking forward to a bit of Atmosphere on the night.
Yeah, my cousin used to own The Snack Box before- no free chips for me anymore :(

Terry
02/06/2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah, my cousin used to own The Snack Box before- no free chips for me anymore :(

Thats where one of the marios shops are now, and right beside all the good pubs, taffees, kings head, freeneys, murphys, .........

Peadar
02/06/2005, 12:43 PM
Thats where one of the marios shops are now, and right beside all the good pubs, taffees, kings head, freeneys, murphys, .........

Sounds like just the spot so then.
Will we have to wear shoes and a shirt with collars if we want to go dancing?

Are many of the Rebel Army staying the night, lads?

Eire06
02/06/2005, 12:48 PM
Sounds like just the spot so then.
Will we have to wear shoes and a shirt with collars if we want to go dancing?

Are many of the Rebel Army staying the night, lads?
yes no runners or jerseys will be alowed into clubs..
Some clubs don't allow hoodies or sporty jackets\ tops either..

You Cork roughians will have to tidy yourselves up for the night :rolleyes:

Peadar
02/06/2005, 12:55 PM
yes no runners or jerseys will be alowed into clubs..

That's such a stupid rule!
Trainers are ideal for dancin' and when women ask me to show them my moves, :cool: I have to decline because I don't have my dancin' shoes on. :(

I think it's a sneaky ploy by nightclub owners to stop guys from dancing so that they spend more at the bar. :mad:

Terry
02/06/2005, 12:57 PM
before the match I am meeting a couple of lads (thecorner being one of them) in foxes bar in the square (see GUFC forum under help needed), Eire06, your invited to if you like!

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=25693

Eire06
02/06/2005, 1:01 PM
That's such a stupid rule!
Trainers are ideal for dancin' and when women ask me to show them my moves, :cool: I have to decline because I don't have my dancin' shoes on. :(

I think it's a sneaky ploy by nightclub owners to stop guys from dancing so that they spend more at the bar. :mad:
No its to stop 'chavs' and holigian types gaining access to the clubs..
And to force you lot to dress nice :rolleyes:

before the match I am meeting a couple of lads (thecorner being one of them) in foxes bar in the square (see GUFC forum under help needed), Eire06, your invited to if you like!

Might pop in for a few sociables

Peadar
02/06/2005, 1:55 PM
No its to stop 'chavs' and holigian types gaining access to the clubs..

No Chavs?
We shouldn't expect to see any locals in the clubs so then!? :D

Eire06
02/06/2005, 1:57 PM
No Chavs?
We shouldn't expect to see any locals in the clubs so then!? :D
No I'm sorry it's Galway your comin too not home to Reading!

rebs23
02/06/2005, 6:10 PM
No I'm sorry it's Galway your comin too not home to Reading!

That will mean so Michael Guineys best will do!

kevincronin2000
02/06/2005, 10:17 PM
how many fans can we expect to have in Galway on friday, me thinks 300 would be good, some people might find it hard to take a half day due to bank holida the previous monday

harry crumb
02/06/2005, 10:52 PM
I'm heading up and going to the Leitrim match in Salthill on the Sunday.

I'm trying to budget the weekend at the moment.

Hostel or Hotel???mmm?

Terry
03/06/2005, 7:24 AM
I'm heading up and going to the Leitrim match in Salthill on the Sunday.

I'm trying to budget the weekend at the moment.

Hostel or Hotel???mmm?

If your budgeting Harry some hostels up here are as good as any hotel. Check out www.sleepzone.ie for example

galwaygirl
03/06/2005, 8:17 AM

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=25693
What about me Terry? Am i not invited?

thecorner
03/06/2005, 8:54 AM
we are booked in here harry www.amberlodgebb.com/

fairly reasonable as well and right in the middle of town :D

Terry
03/06/2005, 10:50 AM
What about me Terry? Am i not invited?

Of coarse you are! Aren't you one of the original 4 or 5 I was talking about!! :D

galwaygirl
03/06/2005, 10:55 AM

Of coarse you are! Aren't you one of the original 4 or 5 I was talking about!! :D

Well you said meeting with a couple of the "LADS" :rolleyes: