PDA

View Full Version : Pats away...

KR's Post
02/06/2005, 8:47 AM
Back to Inchicore lads this friday for a cnother crucial game in our season. The last time we visited the Dublin venue we came away with a 4-1 victory in which John Flood registered his first senior goal for the club. That game i'll remember for the large flag that displayed ''Dolan Out'' on the side opposite the stand! I would like to think that this result was partially to blame for Dolans exit, although it had been coming! If we win this friday then we will open up a 7 point gap between ourselves and Pats, which is crucial if we are to avoid relegation. Devo should be telling the players that we start back on 0 points and that will motivate them, if you know what i mean.. We gotta go with the same team that started in Ballyboffey(if all fit) because it was such a controlled and well deserved win. Pats lost their home record last week to Longford and i don't see why we can't go their and get a win, we seem to alot of the time. Bray fans will be at the end of the stand(left hand side as you look at the pitch) so anyone going, head there and make some noise. My prediction St.Pats 1-2 Bray. Tarzan(again) and Zayed with a peno... Ger Rowe for Pats

Roo69
02/06/2005, 9:27 AM
Yeah i'm looking forward to it alright, it's not the best ground in the league but i've always liked it. That was great win alright, i missed the match cause i was at a concert but remember seeing the goals on eL weekly, Foxy scored an absolute cracker that night !

This is a very big match in our season, it could be a 7 point gap or it could be a 1 point gap between us and Pats. If i'm being honest, were not going to get that many points on our travels this season, it's home from that will save us, but a point from this game might not be such a bad result, in saying that we are well capable of beating Pats, there defence is in bits at the moment, but they always look dangerous when attacking as they proved up in Derry 2 weeks ago.

Same starting line up as in Ballybofey is probably the best way to go, no need to change a winning team unless theres injuries. Giffy still out with hios foot problem and i'm almost sure Foxy is getting married this Friday so he won't be involved either.

Perfect result for me would be 4-3 to Bray (Doyler bagging a hat-trick for Pats :D )

wws
02/06/2005, 10:41 AM
our defence is in bits - this is a relegation 6 pointer to see who joins shamrocks in the first division.

on that 4-1, think we lost 4-1 at home to Bray AND harps - two weeks running - if memory serves they were both relegated that season

Roo69
02/06/2005, 11:11 AM
our defence is in bits - this is a relegation 6 pointer to see who joins shamrocks in the first division.

on that 4-1, think we lost 4-1 at home to Bray AND harps - two weeks running - if memory serves they were both relegated that season

Would have to disagree there, Harps so far are by far the worst team in the premier. They will finish bottom, it's then between UCD, Rovers, Pats and ourselves for the play-off position. But in saying that we are 11 points clear of Rovers and 9 clear of Harps, even at this early stage of the season that is a very big gap. If things go our way at the weekend we could be 7 clear of Pats and UCD, 12 clear of Harps and 14 clear of Rovers.

That would give us a MAJOR advantage for the rest of the season. Personally i feel it will be Harps and Rovers to go down.

wws
02/06/2005, 11:17 AM
You could be right - Ive seen everyone bar Harps so havent seen first hand what state their in - dont think it will pattern out much as most anyone outside teh top 2 can take points of anyone else - there are very few bankers in this league - its a sh;t standard - but very competitive. Shams losing the points and being sh:t kinda points them in the downward direction, seem to be losing players as well now

KK77
02/06/2005, 11:34 AM
fancy a 2-2 draw myself which would be a good point as its a tough place to go to

KR's Post
02/06/2005, 12:13 PM
fancy a 2-2 draw myself which would be a good point as its a tough place to go to
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Be positive man 2-1 to the Wanderers....... :p

wws
02/06/2005, 12:39 PM
bringing much of a crowd down lads?

ours have dipped lately 1,500 at UCD down to 1,300 v Longford

Roo69
02/06/2005, 12:55 PM
bringing much of a crowd down lads?

ours have dipped lately 1,500 at UCD down to 1,300 v Longford

Seeing as it's very close we'll bring an ok crowd. To the match Vs. Rovers we brought about 200-250 with us i'd say. Won't be to far off that i reckon, especially with the Robbie Doyle connection, that adds a little bit of extra spice to it

KR's Post
02/06/2005, 1:11 PM
As Roo sez, there will be a good 300 of us or so.... With the usual band of 30 or so singers! Can't f-uckin wait, it's going to be a cracker. :p

superfrank
02/06/2005, 3:44 PM
We bet them on the first day and for the most part it was pretty even until we pulled away. Don't know what to think for this one, it should be a good match.

And this time we'll bring the flares...... ;)

Roo69
02/06/2005, 3:54 PM
We bet them on the first day and for the most part it was pretty even until we pulled away. Don't know what to think for this one, it should be a good match.

And this time we'll bring the flares...... ;)

Ha ! the Pats fans were magic that night, really set the standard for the rest of the night and it looked fantastic as well.

Stevo Da Gull
03/06/2005, 2:33 PM
Ever the pesimist. Pats owe us one. Think I have 2-2 in predictions league but as I said they owe us one, we've been theyre bogey team in recent years and it's only a matter of time.

On the other hand a, solid performance and a 2-0 win for the Wanderers aint impossible.

Stevo Da Gull
03/06/2005, 10:57 PM
On the other hand a, solid performance and a 2-0 win for the Wanderers aint impossible.

Thats the last time I'm being optomistic when I'm predicting scores, although I was onto somethin with the scoreline ;) .

Seriously though, our worst performance of the season by a long way, but as long as those performances dont become a regular thing then things are still lookin good.

Roll on Avondale I guess.

Dodge
04/06/2005, 7:45 AM
Yeah you were poor last night. It was an awful first half but we upped it considerably in the second half and I think we deserved the points. When you went 1-0 down you didn't seem to change anything. Still think you have enough defensively to be safe.

Lonely Wanderer
07/06/2005, 3:38 PM
Yeah you were poor last night. It was an awful first half but we upped it considerably in the second half and I think we deserved the points. When you went 1-0 down you didn't seem to change anything. Still think you have enough defensively to be safe.

In my opinion that was one of our best performances all season. We were very unlucky and were in control for most of the game. Even some of the Pats supporters said the same thing on the way out. Pats were lucky and haven't improved since their dreadful showing on day one. I'm not having a go though and fair play to you's for taking your chances - something we couldn't do. :rolleyes:

For all his skill Zayead needs to improve dramatically, his work rate simply isn't high enough and he doesn't contribute enough overall to the team. Also the new left back looked good on the ball but a little light in the tackles.

On the positive side Both O'Hanlon and to a lesser extent Tresson had good games and if we continue playing like that we'll definately survive.

Roo69
07/06/2005, 4:02 PM
It was really a game of 2 halves last Friday night. Personally i thought we were pretty much in control for 95% of the 1st half, Pats had a ok 1st 5 minutes but it was then nearly all Bray for the 1st half. We passed better and created more chances, still don't know why Tarzan's goal did'nt stand ! he was well onside before the free kick was taken and when pip hit the follow up from it (great double save thou !), plus we should have finished at least 1 of the other chances we had just before half time, we had Pats under quite a lot of pressure.

2nd half was a different ball game, Pats came out a new side, passed it well, closed down Bray players and took the upper hand right form the off, forced Bray into a few defensive errors by giving away free kicks and cornors etc.... Skippy had to make a few smart saves. Doylers goal was very fortunate and again, personally i did'nt think the 2nd goal should have stood, it came from a quickly taken free kick, which i don't think was a foul.

But as yuo have said, Pats took there chances, we didnt.

Tarzan had a very good game, made a real pest of himself all night long, Wes looked very comfortable all night (apart from 1 lapse !) against Doyler and i hought McGuinness did well, used the ball to good effect and won his fair share of tackles. Some of the lads were very light on work rate, they need to pull the finger out.

I still think there is very little difference between ourselves and Pats and we can defo stay up going by the 1st full round of games.

KR's Post
07/06/2005, 5:08 PM
still don't know why Tarzan's goal did'nt stand ! he was well onside before the free kick was taken and when pip hit the follow up from it (great double save thou !),
Neither does he Roo, he couldn't believe when i was talking to him!!! That decision could cost him his place again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Dodge
08/06/2005, 10:32 AM
Good summing up by Roos69 above....

However he was 3 ards ofside for the goal. I was inline with it at the time and he was defo off.

Roo69
08/06/2005, 10:44 AM
Good summing up by Roos69 above....

However he was 3 ards ofside for the goal. I was inline with it at the time and he was defo off.

Now way was he off side, just about directly in line myself and he was well on side. When Zayeds orignal free kick was saved by Ryan, Tarzan was onside, the ball rebounded to Pip Keogh (who was onside as well) who shot, Ryan saved again, Tarzan was still 2 yards behind Pip. When Tarzan got to the ball he was level with Pip and 2 other Pats defenders. Not ofside in my book but sure that aint gona get us 3 points. An important win for ya's, fair play.

I really wanted to beat ya's so i could slag Robbie off but at the same time i was delighted he scored, he said it meant SO much to him :D

By the way, whats the story with Keefy ? not getting a look in what so ever at the moment, falling out with Johnny Mac or just loss of form ?

setanta
08/06/2005, 3:52 PM
[QUOTE=Roo69]Now way was he off side, just about directly in line myself and he was well on side.

I'm not sure I should trust your eyes on this off-side incident, as it was not Eamon who took the free kick, it was Hughie Davey. However, I do agree with you that there was no off-side.

fan_1
08/06/2005, 5:24 PM
keefy is just not a good player that is why he is left out so i've heard. thought we were in control first half but pats were better in the 2nd. our workrate has to improve thought our new left full was poor pulled out of a lot of tackles.thought o' hanlon wasnt great. tarzan and jody done well

Lonely Wanderer
08/06/2005, 7:21 PM
our new left full was poor pulled out of a lot of tackles

I agree with you there but apart from that he was good and used the ball well.
It must be frustrating for Tarzan, playing with Zayead. He rarely holds up the ball well and am I alone in thinking he doesn't contribute enough to the team on a whole? He has great ability with the ball at his feet however and if he put his mind to it he could be a brilliant player.

Jody also looked a yard off the pace, understandably so.

Dodge
08/06/2005, 11:40 PM
By the way, whats the story with Keefy ? not getting a look in what so ever at the moment, falling out with Johnny Mac or just loss of form ?
Just not good enough IMO. Got lucky last year and scored a decent amount of goals but our front two thisbyear (Robbie and Ger Rowe) are exceptional and AOK isn't a winger. Got a decent run at start of season but has been poor when given the chance....