PDA

View Full Version : Cork and Longford confirm European licences

A face
01/06/2005, 8:33 PM
Cork and Longford confirm European licences

Cork City have confirmed on their official site that they have received a UEFA licence to compete in the European competition this season. Longford have now also confirmed a similar situation, meaning they are assured of playing European football at Flancare Park this season.

Both clubs are in the UEFA Cup with the draw for the first qualifying round set for late June.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=2918)

Slash/ED
01/06/2005, 8:36 PM
And Shels too (http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=68)

pete
01/06/2005, 8:42 PM
Are floodlights not a requirement for UEFA licence?

How can shels get licence is lights are crap?

:confused:

Slash/ED
01/06/2005, 8:44 PM
Thats why we have to kick off slightly early, so they wont be used. It gets earlier as we progress rounds, the Lille game would have been a 5:30 kick off if in Tolka Park apparently.

A face
01/06/2005, 9:05 PM
Why cant Shels just get more lights and mount them on the TV stand ... its high enough i would thought ??

That would be fair easy task .... planning wouldn't be a big deal in that situation (again, not fully sure about that but i couldn't see a problem with it)

Slash/ED
01/06/2005, 9:07 PM
No real reason, but it'd cost money and the club don't see the point since we're moving shortly. It could probably work though.

A face
01/06/2005, 9:16 PM
No real reason, but it'd cost money and the club don't see the point since we're moving shortly. It could probably work though.

Sorry meant to add .... lights would be mobile .... as in semi-permenant feature (or how ever it is described, i dont know :o ) ... you could take them away with you to the new ground.

Are ye seriously still moving to some where with no public transport service ??

Slash/ED
01/06/2005, 9:18 PM
Yep, the move gets closer by the minute and we still know absolutley nothing about it.