PDA

View Full Version : sligo rovers vrs galway-predictions etc

Rory H
01/06/2005, 3:31 PM
well we all know how galway are doing these days..losing to pat scullys kilkenny says it all

so this is a good chance to win by more than one goal for once!!!!!!

give us a few goals lads...mc tiernan raf and faz need a goal imo and hopefully mc t can do it

going for 2-1 rovers with both from mc t....

galway dont have much too lose...they dont have much pride but they are still dangerous....i just hope they dont under-estimitate them

i doubt jalmard and alvarez will play as they are carrying knocks from yesterday

stephen o donnell was great yesterday.i hope he starts up front with mc t

nephin
01/06/2005, 3:37 PM
Galway are going through a bad spell at the minute. Lets hope its doesn't end on Friday. Don't think it will.
2-0 to the Rovers.

The Stars
01/06/2005, 5:23 PM
Considering Galway are doing so badly,they will be coming for a point.
So I predict Rovers to win 1-0,with McTeirnan scoring the goal.
Hopefully Steven O'Donnell will be starting after his top class preformance against Harps.

Da Real Rover
01/06/2005, 6:10 PM
Im going for a 2-1 victory to us after a late galway fight back.

Conor H
01/06/2005, 6:17 PM
Sligo Rovers 1 Galway Utd 3......I WISH ! :rolleyes:

Sligo Rovers 4 Galway Utd 0 ....Thats a very realistic prediction the current team is the worst group of footballers :D to ever play for the club :mad:

See yee in the Showgrounds.....Come on utd!

roversforever
01/06/2005, 11:06 PM
was talking to jalmard today,he's fine and will be ready for galway.i think he deserves a chance after the way he played last night.my main worry for rovers is complacency.i think if we underestimate them we could be in for a nasty shock!

Terry
02/06/2005, 7:16 AM
I'll go with 3-1 to rovers, seems to be the common score for the past few years in the showgrounds!!! :(

Mayo Red
02/06/2005, 8:27 AM
I'll have to go 2-1 to Rovers after a few scares and some terrible refereeing decisions (as usual). Galway will be hard to break down and will come to defend. Crowd can play a big part.

garykelly
02/06/2005, 9:07 AM
I'll go 3-1. like terry said it's been a common score. will be tough but hopefully 3 points if we play well.

gustavo
02/06/2005, 9:15 AM
1 nil to the rovers with mcnamara getting the goal from a setpiece.

sligoman
02/06/2005, 1:24 PM
SLIGO Rovers boss Sean Connor views Friday night’s Connacht derby against Galway United as an ideal opportunity to keep the pressure on the eircom First Division leaders and to open a gap between the other sides chasing promotion. (Kick-off 8.00pm)

“It is vital that we keep winning. That serves two functions, in that it doesn’t allow Dublin City to get too far ahead and it also gives us a bit of a cushion on the teams below us,” he explained.

“I hope we can string a few victories together. It would be a good boost to follow our win over Dundalk with all three points against Galway,” said Connor.

The Rovers manager will welcome back Conor O’Grady, and Ciaran Foley following suspension. O’Grady has a slight calf strain, but will feature.

“I should have a full squad available for selection and that is a plus. We got a good result in Galway earlier in the season and I would be hoping for a repeat of that.

“Like all games in this division, this is another big one. We need to keep the pressure on,” Connor declared.

Meanwhile, the manager described last Thursday’s 2-1 defeat of Dundalk at Monaghan’s Century Homes Park as coming at the end of “a strange game.”

“In the first-half, Dundalk tried to play against us and we proved the much superior side. I don’t think John O’Hara had a shot to save and we should have been ahead by more than the one goal at half-time.

“Paul McTiernan missed a couple of good chances and their ‘keeper also made a number of important saves. The complexion of the game changed, however, in the second-half,” Connor said.

The manager felt this was down to Dundalk changing their tactics and becoming much more physical and direct after the break.

“They packed mid-field for a start and tried to intimidate us. We allowed ourselves to be bullied for a time. We weathered the storm, but having got a second goal, we when fell asleep and conceded a soft one at the other end.

“We went looking for a third when he should have concentrated on protecting our two goal advantage in the closing minutes.

“Nevertheless, I was very pleased that we got all three points. It was another away win and we haven’t been beaten on our travels so far this season.

http://www.unison.ie/sligo_champion/stories.php3?ca=94&si=1407428&issue_id=12555

sligoman
02/06/2005, 1:33 PM
I'll go 3-1

Same as above. 3-1 Rovers sounds about right.

rockstar
02/06/2005, 7:53 PM
:) lets have more of the same that we showed against harps and a decent referee and well take beating.

ali2005
02/06/2005, 7:58 PM
2-0 to rovers. Definintely

Supradyn
03/06/2005, 9:22 AM
3-1. Goals from McTiernan (low strike past the keeper from inside the area in the first half), Kupono Low (free kick from outside the area just after the break) and Stephen O'Donnell (header from corner late on in the game). Galway's only goal comes from after Low's but before O'Donnells. My vision didn't specify who scored but it will be from a poorly defended free kick on the left.

Redzer
03/06/2005, 9:41 AM
If we are to believe all the hype from the Galway fans on this forum, about their support, then this should be the biggest away support that we will see all season. I don’t know how the Friday night kick off will effect our home support. But, there should be an average crowd.
I expect Galway will come looking for a point. I’d expect them to play like they did against us at home, a defensive formation and sending long balls up front in the hope of catching us on the break.
It didn’t work then and I don’t see it working tonight. I think as a team we are maturing nicely. There is now a real hunger to score. I think that tonight we could see a feast of goals. Galway is the worst team in the league without a doubt. So I’m going for a 4 – 1 home win.

dublinred
03/06/2005, 9:53 AM
I have visions of a boring nil nil draw with galway putting in their best performance of the season as its their "cup final".

jstuff
03/06/2005, 10:21 AM
need to win at all costs, very important to keep the pressure on Dublin City.

We need to get the bit o red back where it belongs in the EL premier.

Conor H
03/06/2005, 12:06 PM
If we are to believe all the hype from the Galway fans on this forum, about their support, then this should be the biggest away support that we will see all season. I don’t know how the Friday night kick off will effect our home support. But, there should be an average crowd.
I expect Galway will come looking for a point. I’d expect them to play like they did against us at home, a defensive formation and sending long balls up front in the hope of catching us on the break.
It didn’t work then and I don’t see it working tonight. I think as a team we are maturing nicely. There is now a real hunger to score. I think that tonight we could see a feast of goals. Galway is the worst team in the league without a doubt. So I’m going for a 4 – 1 home win.

There will be no fans there tonight due to the ireland game and the general mess that the team and management are in at the moment.

sligoman
03/06/2005, 1:07 PM
There will be no fans there tonight due to the ireland game and the general mess that the team and management are in at the moment.

Great support that is :rolleyes:.Whatever happened to supporting your team through thick and thin? Take the good times with the bad etc.?

Conor H
03/06/2005, 5:31 PM
Actually i was one of the few who really wanted to go so your reply is pointless as usual :rolleyes:

COME ON UTD! :mad: :)

Shiba
03/06/2005, 5:53 PM
I seem to Remember someone shouting "Its Only Monaghan" @ a game recently.Never mind the score line lets hope we get the Points.Going to miss the game again tonight,This working Lark plays hell at time!

sligoman
03/06/2005, 6:22 PM
Actually i was one of the few who really wanted to go so your reply is pointless as usual :rolleyes:

COME ON UTD! :mad: :)

Yeah, you really wanted to go but are'nt so your reply is pointless, as usual :rolleyes: . By the way in my previous post I was talking about GUFC fans in general, not just you Conor :ball:

sligoman
04/06/2005, 12:02 AM
all five of their great travelling support :D

Redzer
04/06/2005, 8:45 AM
There is now a real hunger to score. I think that tonight we could see a feast of goals. Galway is the worst team in the league without a doubt. So I’m going for a 4 – 1 home win.

I wish I'd spoken to my friendly bookie BEFORE kick-off. :D :D :D
Galway can never again talk about their support, was it 5 or 6? Pathetic.

Da Real Rover
04/06/2005, 9:44 AM
I wish I'd spoken to my friendly bookie BEFORE kick-off. :D :D :D
Galway can never again talk about their support, was it 5 or 6? Pathetic.
Oh no Redzer, your very wrong. Do you not know that Galway fans come in there hundreds to away games and they must to bring fleets of buses and countless drums. Theres only one United. :D

Conor H
05/06/2005, 6:50 PM
...yee talk a lot of ****e sometimes.Yee are one of 4 teams who can really push for promotion this year and therefore crowds will be high.This occurs in every ground across the world when the team is winning the crowds come out.We had large followings on are first few away trips because everone felt that this was our year.Things have gone terribly wrong since with some disastrous results so in general peaple won't bother coming to terryland.With the Ireland game the next day and the expenses which arise from that there wasn't enough people to run a bus to sligo.However last year we were both ****e and we still had around 30-40 fans twice in the showgrounds yet yee had about 4 and that is a very accurate figure.I wonder would yee all come down to terryland if yee lost to kilkenny cobh,drew with monaghan etc and were second last.

Petmuller
05/06/2005, 8:58 PM
Well said Connor!!!
Agree with you 100%
It's very easy to support a winning team, it's a lot harder when the team is not performing well. God knows we at Sligo Rovers only know that too well.