PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours 2005

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

shannonsider69
18/07/2005, 1:56 PM
Heard that the Boro beat Prospect 5-1 yesterday morning. Anyone at it and any new players or potential signings spotted? :confused:

progress
18/07/2005, 9:53 PM
Well lads was there any big transfer switches or were they all truly Transfer rumours.Did any of the top 4 teams sign new players or lose players in the off season.

l.f.c......
19/07/2005, 1:33 PM
official signings

jason o connor to carew park

noel noonan to carew park

bernard corbett (full back with hill ******) to carew park

these players are officially signed with a another 2 or 3 more to come. carew also have all players signed that was with them last season

maestro
19/07/2005, 2:59 PM
official signings

jason o connor to carew park

noel noonan to carew park

bernard corbett (full back with hill ******) to carew park

these players are officially signed with a another 2 or 3 more to come. carew also have all players signed that was with them last season

so tell me what GOOD signings have Carew made? O'Connor cant even cross the road without breaking into a sweat , and as for Noel Noonan - he isnt even related to a footballer.

Monster
19/07/2005, 7:31 PM
John lyon is gone to the boro as well as ronan sherlock who played with corbally.

Monster
19/07/2005, 7:34 PM
so tell me what GOOD signings have Carew made? O'Connor cant even cross the road without breaking into a sweat , and as for Noel Noonan - he isnt even related to a footballer.

Jason O Connor is still a fine player - scored over 20 goals last year with an average boro outfit and i bet he will get at least that this season if he signs with Carew Park.Very strong in the air and has 1 of the best touches in the league.Not many center halfs will fancy marking him.

backodanet
20/07/2005, 10:12 AM
Not many center halfs will fancy marking him.

ya because he is filthy

abbeyvale
21/07/2005, 6:00 PM
ya because he is filthy

Lads
I think yer being a bit harsh on O'Connor.
Lets face it, if he gets fit there isn't a striker in town better than him.

p.s
I told ye on previous pages that O'Connor was signing for Carew Pk.!!!!

abbeyvale
21/07/2005, 6:11 PM
Some transfer rumours for ye.

Thomas (Monty) Butler...........Abbey to Balla
Ray McMahon.......................Balla to Fairview
John Barry............................Abbey to Star
Ger (Nolly) Collopy.................Abbey to Janesboro
Philip Coffey..........................Pike (A & B) to Granville
Declan Casey........................Pike A to Pike B (CONFIRMED)
John Collopy.........................Abbey to Star
John Clifford.........................Abbey to Star
Graham Carey.......................Abbey to Star
Pat Moloney.........................Abbey to Janesboro
Trevor McInerney..................Abbey to Janesboro
Peter Clarke.........................Abbey to Hill ******
John Price............................Shelbourne to Hill ****** (CONFIRMED)
Michael O'Donoghue (MOD)......Corbally to Geraldines (B) (CONFIRMED)

lim abroad
21/07/2005, 11:21 PM
can't see ray mac going to the view,wasn't he balla's captain last year?

backodanet
22/07/2005, 9:03 AM
can't see ray mac going to the view,wasn't he balla's captain last year?

Gareth Ryan was captain
Ray Mc is either going to the view or st michs but nothing signed yet and won't be for a few weeks

abbeyvale
22/07/2005, 12:14 PM
Just received this info Pike rovers have received a 140000 euro's grant to develope their grounds, with the facilites they have already one of the best in Limerick if not Munster is it fair on other "smaller" clubs in Limerick.

3 Heroes
22/07/2005, 1:40 PM
Actually €130,000,
but it is still unfair on all the other clubs

Happy Zapper
22/07/2005, 1:53 PM

I agree with you about noonan but you are very wrong about oconnor, he is an asset to who ever he joins. Name a better striker in Limerick.

Happy Zapper
22/07/2005, 1:58 PM
Jason O Connor is still a fine player - scored over 20 goals last year with an average boro outfit and i bet he will get at least that this season if he signs with Carew Park.Very strong in the air and has 1 of the best touches in the league.Not many center halfs will fancy marking him.

I agree, best I have seen playing that position in junior football last year, he brings the wide men into the game and is the best I have seen at coming short to collect a ball. Mastero - you must have a personal grudge or something because your opinion of him as a player is ignorant to say the least.

Happy Zapper
22/07/2005, 1:59 PM
ya because he is filthy

You saying he does not wash?

Who is the filthiest player in the league?

Happy Zapper
22/07/2005, 2:00 PM
Lads
I think yer being a bit harsh on O'Connor.
Lets face it, if he gets fit there isn't a striker in town better than him.

p.s
I told ye on previous pages that O'Connor was signing for Carew Pk.!!!!

true you did, I stand corrected

widow
22/07/2005, 2:02 PM
why is ray mcmahon leaving balla, easily our best player

Happy Zapper
22/07/2005, 2:05 PM
Actually €130,000,

dont see why its unfair on other clubs, pike obviously went looking for that money and fair play to them for getting it. Maybe now they can build proper dressing rooms and plant some trees around that wind tunnell of a pitch.

Dirk Diggler
22/07/2005, 2:06 PM
Actually €130,000,

Pike are lookin to build new dressing rooms so the money will go towards that, about time pike have gotten something, fairview got 120000 last year

Dirk Diggler
22/07/2005, 2:08 PM
a team called bally rovers from limerick got 90000 anyone know who they are? is it meant to be balla

Happy Zapper
22/07/2005, 2:32 PM
a team called bally rovers from limerick got 90000 anyone know who they are? is it meant to be balla

Other clubs got big enough money also,

What does the Senate vote "f-ck the poor"

widow
22/07/2005, 2:43 PM

what would we need 90000? has the rent on bateman gone up? :D

papa-j
22/07/2005, 2:45 PM
I agree, best I have seen playing that position in junior football last year, he brings the wide men into the game and is the best I have seen at coming short to collect a ball. Mastero - you must have a personal grudge or something because your opinion of him as a player is ignorant to say the least.

In your opinion who are the top 5 Junior players in Limerick at present?

widow
22/07/2005, 2:52 PM
Top 5 last year or the top 5 who are still playing

papa-j
22/07/2005, 3:13 PM
Top 5 last year or the top 5 who are still playing

Top 5 currently playing

maestro
24/07/2005, 7:08 PM
Colm Enright
Albert Slattery
Danny Galvin
Dave Wall
Dara Droog

lim abroad
24/07/2005, 7:51 PM
be serious please, colm enright and dara droog,you must be taking the p1ss

Monster
24/07/2005, 8:43 PM
Colm Enright
Albert Slattery
Danny Galvin
Dave Wall
Dara Droog

Colm Enright wouldnt lace Brian Buckleys boots.

progress
24/07/2005, 9:45 PM
ya he is way off the mark there with that comment.claerly a pike man wrote that.cant see past his own nose i suspect.

widow
25/07/2005, 8:13 AM
brian buckley gone to limerick, good luck to him, massive loss to fairview, heard also that fairview have done a pike and signed 4 or 5 clare lads

Dirk Diggler
25/07/2005, 9:08 AM
pa mcgarry pike to carew park

Dirk Diggler
25/07/2005, 9:15 AM
Pike won a tournament down in cork over the weekend, a tournament featuring St. Michaels, Passage United, Douglas Hall, they beat Passage united comfortably in the final 4-1 .... Pike will be stronger next year than last, have kept most of the squad from last year aswell

Happy Zapper
25/07/2005, 10:38 AM
Colm Enright
Albert Slattery
Danny Galvin
Dave Wall
Dara Droog

I feel justified in what I said now

Happy Zapper
25/07/2005, 10:40 AM
Pike won a tournament down in cork over the weekend, a tournament featuring St. Michaels, Passage United, Douglas Hall, they beat Passage united comfortably in the final 4-1 .... Pike will be stronger next year than last, have kept most of the squad from last year aswell

Carew could be strong next year also. the view will have to replace buckley, big loss to them. was houlihan playing for pike in cork?

Happy Zapper
25/07/2005, 10:41 AM
pa mcgarry pike to carew park

Pa seems to do that every year, whats the bets he goes back again.

Roadend
25/07/2005, 12:30 PM

Pike's squad that threw the league away? They seemed to have lost interest a bit in the last few seasons. I hear they are trying to tempt some young lads from various clubs, same old Pike.

l.f.c......
27/07/2005, 9:26 PM
well lads

OFFICIAL signings for carew park not rumours all facts

bubbles
noel noonan
pat mcgarry
lou quigley
johnny corbett
jason o connor
some young fellow from prospect damien cosgrave

carew could take some stoping next season

clownboy
28/07/2005, 7:25 AM
well lads

OFFICIAL signings for carew park not rumours all facts

bubbles
noel noonan
pat mcgarry
lou quigley
johnny corbett
jason o connor
some young fellow from prospect damien cosgrave

carew could take some stoping next season

Damien Quinlivan is that Lads name ...They call him cossy...Played with Fairview B last year as far as i know

Dirk Diggler
28/07/2005, 7:49 AM
theres alot of discipline in those new signings will be a big improvement in whats already there :D

clownboy
28/07/2005, 8:22 AM
Ya all they need now that they have Mcgarry is sniffer and considine then they will be the most diciplined team in town without a doubt :D :rolleyes:

papa-j
28/07/2005, 8:25 AM
How do Regional Utd rate in the Limerick Premier?

clownboy
28/07/2005, 8:40 AM
There a good young side improving all the time..If they make the signings they are supposed to make they will be in the top half no doubt

papa-j
28/07/2005, 12:56 PM
There a good young side improving all the time..If they make the signings they are supposed to make they will be in the top half no doubt

I asked as Newtown(clare league) played them on Tuesday in a pre-season. Score was 2-2. They like to knock it about at the back, some nice players
in midfield but lack pace up front. They looked a decent side but thats it, a long way off the big 3 or 4 in Limerick I'd say. :ball:

specialk
28/07/2005, 8:31 PM
theres alot of discipline in those new signings will be a big improvement in whats already there :D
carew showed alot of discipline last year up to fai semi replay [thats all history now]
with these signings now can see them the top placed southside team no problem
then theres not much competion up that way

specialk
28/07/2005, 8:36 PM
Pa seems to do that every year, whats the bets he goes back again.
pike seem to splash the cash every year after he does the business with carew
always comes back ,money only gets u so far after that its about loyality

summervilleman
29/07/2005, 9:03 AM
Regional utd have signed john shine from summerville....good signing....still not 100% since getting his crutiate(think thats spelt some bit right) done!! good player

any other rumours out there....summerville lost 3-2 to shannon olympique in a pre-season the other night...missing a few players though!!!

old boy
29/07/2005, 9:38 AM
Regional utd have signed john shine from summerville....good signing....still not 100% since getting his crutiate(think thats spelt some bit right) done!! good player

any other rumours out there....summerville lost 3-2 to shannon olympique in a pre-season the other night...missing a few players though!!!

not a great result.. shannon olympic only 1st division in clare :D :D

clownboy
29/07/2005, 9:43 AM
not a great result.. shannon olympic only 1st division in clare :D :D

Summerville are only 1st division in Limerick and it is only a friendly after all :D :D :D

old boy
29/07/2005, 10:00 AM
Summerville are only 1st division in Limerick and it is only a friendly after all :D :D :D

i know but we here in clare keep hearing how good the football & teams in limerick are.. shannon olympic are an average clare league team... having said that they will consider this a great result...

also just trying to get point across if summerville looking to win first division in limerick . they shoul be beating the likes of shannon olympic