PDA

View Full Version : League is victimising $hels

Hecko
01/06/2005, 10:55 AM
It's about time somebody did something about the totally unfair treatment $hels have got from refs, linesmen (!!!) and the league (any Pats fans out there?) over the past few years... :p

When you get sent off from the touchline when your team is two up, there must be somone else to blame...

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/06/01/story205157.html

EnDai
01/06/2005, 11:36 AM
Haha, he's got a good point about the interviews, but most of what he's got he's brought on himself through lack of discipline (which has rubbed off on our players me thinks). But I wouldn't change him for anyone.

patsh
01/06/2005, 11:56 AM
Are even the league getting sick of $hels carry on?

For years, $hels players have been getting away with it on the pitch, and the two little elves on the sidelines are as bad, but nothing was really done. Are we seeing the start of the league treating $hels the way they treat all other clubs?

Hopefully it is.
All they need to do next is to start punishing $hels when opposing managers and players are attacked in Tolka. Bottle thrown at Mickey Devine last Monday night, oursleves and Rovers were rightfully fined for such incidents, I expect $hels will be fined as well?

tiktok
01/06/2005, 12:19 PM
Mick didn't bring the referee/fourth official's attention to it.
I'm not sure it would have been in the match report to be honest

daveh
01/06/2005, 4:32 PM
hes even comparing himself to mourinho now!! :D

Troy.McClure
01/06/2005, 4:44 PM
hes even comparing himself to mourinho now!! :D

While I totally agree that Fenlon is a "special one", I dont think its in the same way as Mourinho though :p

kevincronin2000
01/06/2005, 5:21 PM
there was a change of refferee for the game last monday. and within ten minutes of the change shels were on the phone to Pat Kelly giving him loads of $hit. :eek:

patsh
01/06/2005, 6:28 PM
there was a change of refferee for the game last monday. and within ten minutes of the change shels were on the phone to Pat Kelly giving him loads of $hit. :eek:
Who was supposed to ref it?
I feared the worst when I saw McKeon, and his brother (are they brothers?) as 4th official.........

pete
01/06/2005, 7:53 PM
Fenlon is losing it now. Bet he is feeling the weigh of Oilys expectations behind him now.

RedX
01/06/2005, 9:32 PM
Fenlon is losing it now. Bet he is feeling the weigh of Oilys expectations behind him now.

I think you are dead right Pete..i think Frodo Fenlon is actually feeling a bit of pressure for once..i think Cork City not only outplayed them Monday night but outFOUGHT them and this was what Shels could always count on to win the tight ones with there nearest challengers..Roy O Donovan was outstanding Monday in both these departments..he stood up to Owen Heary and showed the rest of the team how to battle against Shels if they wanted to battle with us...

redgav
01/06/2005, 9:50 PM
Who was supposed to ref it?
I feared the worst when I saw McKeon, and his brother (are they brothers?) as 4th official.........

Pat - Stokes had been down to ref it - thanks be to christ that changed