PDA

View Full Version : Pats to sell Richmond Park?!

Buller
31/05/2005, 8:34 PM
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=606830&CategoryID=362984&startcat=1&ThreadID=2077693
"I have heard rumours around Inchicore that Pats are planning to sell of Richmond Park to property developers and build a new staduim.This sounds very likely as there is Apartments being bulit behind richmond and its would seem like the next obvious step in the development of Inchicore.

If this where to happen Pats could sell Richmond for a lot of money,build a staduim and have money left over the re build the club."

Anyone know if there is any truth in this rumour?

kdjaC
31/05/2005, 8:37 PM
The site facing the ground is in limbo at the moment, the idea was the residents would decide what went there (after their homes were demolished), Pats ground and other amenities being top priority in a community sense.

But the property developer claims they will build apartments (meant to be houses only) on the land so the corpo are in process of deciding what will go there.

Suffice to say it may take a long time.

Price for pats ground with Luas line there would be tempting for whoever actually owns the ground.

kdjac

drummerboy
01/06/2005, 8:31 AM
Don't Pats own Baldonnell now (St Frances old pitch). Might decidt to built faciities in Baldonnell, would make sense but would their fan base follow them there.

soccerc
01/06/2005, 9:35 AM
Don't Pats own Baldonnell now (St Frances old pitch). Might decidt to built faciities in Baldonnell, would make sense but would their fan base follow them there.

In a word NO

drummerboy
01/06/2005, 10:15 AM
In a word NO

Bone of contention?????

Who uses the ground now. There are 2 break-away St Francis teams in the LSL but I don't think they play there.

Clones Road Cas
01/06/2005, 10:17 AM
the results of a truly amicable and equally beneficial merger. :D

wws
01/06/2005, 11:54 AM
the pats Board of directors have stated to investors that they will only up and move if an alternative ground is secured (and fully built) - a set of events so unlikely as to make this a complete load of nonsense and they admitted as much at 500 club meetings ive attended.

You cant stop speculation, but in this case its really just a ball of smoke

carrickharp
01/06/2005, 11:58 AM
Hope not, a mate of mine is just after buying a top floor apartment beside Richmond with a balcony overlooking the ground, great view of the team training when I was down there last week.

patsh
01/06/2005, 11:58 AM
the pats Board of directors have stated to investors that they will only up and move if an alternative ground is secured (and fully built) - a set of events so unlikely as to make this a complete load of nonsense and they admitted as much at 500 club meetings ive attended.

You cant stop speculation, but in this case its really just a ball of smoke
So SPA to leave Richer - FACT.......:D

wws
01/06/2005, 12:08 PM
unless dolan and wallace up their original offer by 20 mill or so I cant see it happening........ :p

kdjaC
01/06/2005, 7:16 PM
Hope not, a mate of mine is just after buying a top floor apartment beside Richmond with a balcony overlooking the ground, great view of the team training when I was down there last week.

Nice apartments we were betting on O Bryne knocking around on matchday asking everyone with a decent view for a fiver :D

kdjac