View Full Version : sellafield leak

ken foree
31/05/2005, 7:07 PM
http://ww1.mid-day.com/news/world/2005/may/110413.htm

dirty stuff :rolleyes:

pete
31/05/2005, 7:36 PM
:eek:

Topical with China Syndrome movie on the other night.

SaucyJack
31/05/2005, 7:40 PM
9 months???...has Homer Simpson been working at Sellafield?

Poor Student
31/05/2005, 7:44 PM
9 months???...has Homer Simpson been working at Sellafield?

A British Shadow Secretary said pretty much that. Does this have any health implications for those of us on the Irish East coast?

liam88
31/05/2005, 8:06 PM
I've always been agaisnt nuclear power in general-it's just not safe and there is no way of disposing of the waste-all you can do is bury it in concrete and never destory it-there's also no assesmant of the consequences of this waste storage! People know sweet fa about nuclear power and how to harness it- badly maintained power stations result in incidents such as Chenobel and "well maintained" power stations end up like this! It's rediculous-where are the regulations? How has this been allowed to happen? Why the f**k was Chenobel allowed to happen? "It was poorly maintained" they say-so their prepared to start messing around with uranium and the lives of millions of people and don't even maintain the stations they're doing it in!
Sellafield specifically has always been a disgrace! They have never really assesed the affect of the east coast but do accept that there are a higher than normal number of babies being born without limbs etc. it doesn't take a f*king genius to make the link!
Look at the affects of Chenobel because it was "poorly maintained"-now there's a power station on the English coast that has been leakign for 9 flogging months!!! I don't call that well maintained!
I'm not saying it will but we've seen the affects of 'poorly maintained' power stations and if that happens at Sellafield (which to be honest it's on a course to) then it's goodbye to the most part of England Wales and Ireland!
Oh but that's not all folks!! The explosion and the fallout won't just wipe out millions of people instantly and leave millions more with cancer....it will continue to give people cancer for the next 50 to 100 years!!! As an extra nothing will be able to grow and the seas will be polluted causing illness across Europe and killing all the sealife!

Sellafield? IT'S A F*CKING DISGRACE!

Poor Student
31/05/2005, 8:52 PM
Liam close the Book of Revelations there. :p

liam88
31/05/2005, 9:11 PM
Liam close the Book of Revelations there. :p
Sorry mate-just not a big fan of Sellafield ;) ....mabye i'll pay a visit to their new visitor center to get their side of the story?
Though to be hoenst why build a multi-million pound visitor center when there's radiation leaking out of the plant-surely that's the more pressing issue!?

Poor Student
31/05/2005, 9:20 PM
Sorry mate-just not a big fan of Sellafield ;) ....mabye i'll pay a visit to their new visitor center to get their side of the story?
Though to be hoenst why build a multi-million pound visitor center when there's radiation leaking out of the plant-surely that's the more pressing issue!?

I'd stay the feck away to keep on the side of caution. ;) I'd imagine this leak is not too serious as an isolated incident otherwise the tabloids would be printing stories of our future offspring sporting extra limbs and heads. I reckon the problem is it shows up negligence and possible future disaster as a result if continued.

liam88
31/05/2005, 9:29 PM
I reckon the problem is it shows up negligence and possible future disaster as a result if continued.
To right-Sellafield is a time bobm which has already claimed victims! :mad:

Macy
01/06/2005, 7:06 AM
Interestingly, I was listening to a debate sunday morning on a UK radio station about nuclear power... They were in Paris ahead of the referendum, and had some French tree huggers who are in favour of nuclear power over fossil feuls*. They reckoned it was by far the least dangerous option, environmentally.

Once any new UK Nuclear Power stations are on the East Coast, preferably the South East Coast, I think it's up to them. My main problem with Sellafield is it's proximity to Ireland....

*They also had dicks that had retired up to the Lake District out of the city, who were campaigning against Wind Farms due to the aesthetics and against any new plant at Sellafield due to radiation... :rolleyes:

anto eile
01/06/2005, 1:29 PM
*They also had dicks that had retired up to the Lake District out of the city, who were campaigning against Wind Farms due to the aesthetics and against any new plant at Sellafield due to radiation... :rolleyes:
whre do they expect to get energy from then??pedal a bleedin puchbike out their back every time they want to turn the microwave on?

same attitude to recycling/household waste. put it in a bin and hope it goes away.no one wants to pay to dump it, and most people arent bothered to recycle it either.stupid

as for sellafield its a f*ckin disgrace.always has been too

Macy
01/06/2005, 1:34 PM
same attitude to recycling/household waste. put it in a bin and hope it goes away.no one wants to pay to dump it, and most people arent bothered to recycle it either.stupid
Aye, the jackeens are happy to export their waste out of city limits to huge landfills in surrounding counties (legally or illegally), but dare suggest and incinerator that they'd be able to deal with their own waste and they kick up. Actually, include those ones in Cork as well.

Same as them all getting their knickers in a twist about the sewage treatment plant - what would they prefer? Old school untreated straight into the bay.

ken foree
01/06/2005, 7:04 PM
read a great quote in delillo's 'underworld' where he says the only lasting contribution every man will have to this planet is a hundred cubic yards of rubbish. lovely.