PDA

View Full Version : Fanzine Sellers Needed!

Troy.McClure
31/05/2005, 6:23 PM
The first edition of the new Ireland fanzine "The Genesis Reporter" will be on sale on Saturday around Landsdown Road for only €1. We need your help though to flog it off from around 5pm on Saturday (KO is 7:30).

If anyone is interested selling a few of them for us, please PM me your details and we can arrange to meet up (you get a free copy as a thank you :)). All proceeds will be plowed back into buying TIFO flags or the like.

Spread the word!

Thanks

Anto McC
31/05/2005, 6:30 PM
Is this the same fanzine who's concept was though up here

Drumcondra Red
31/05/2005, 6:37 PM
The first edition of the new Ireland fanzine "The Genesis Reporter" will be on sale on Saturday around Landsdown Road for only €1. We need your help though to flog it off from around 5pm on Saturday (KO is 7:30).

If anyone is interested selling a few of them for us, please PM me your details and we can arrange to meet up (you get a free copy as a thank you :)). All proceeds will be plowed back into buying TIFO flags or the like.

Spread the word!

Thanks

You have my details anyway!

Troy.McClure
31/05/2005, 7:23 PM
Is this the same fanzine who's concept was though up here

Yes.

It will have a broad range of articles about Irish football (if 11a side was a fanzine??)

Anto McC
01/06/2005, 3:31 PM
Can't get a ticket for the match but my brothers going where can i tell him to get me one

Troy.McClure
01/06/2005, 4:33 PM
We should be selling them around the Lansdowne Road area, BEFORE the ticket check barriers (around the same area as the hats, scarves and headbands lads (Damn, Hats, Scarves and Headbands would have been a really good name! We're stuck with The Genesis Reporter though :)))

Its cheaper than a litre of petrol at only €1 and all proceeds will go to buying flags/crowd covers.

joeraki
02/06/2005, 10:08 PM
Another fanzine out on the same day

http://www.thepeoplesflag.com/web/messageboard.asp

Cosmo
03/06/2005, 7:37 AM
Oh competition, I love it :D

tiktok
03/06/2005, 8:58 AM

ahem, that does sound quite good doesn't it

Sliogán Dóite
03/06/2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah, 32 pages!

How long is the Genesis Reporter by the way?

Bald Student
03/06/2005, 1:41 PM
Did you see their internet site though? Lots of adds but not a single piece of content.

Troy.McClure
03/06/2005, 1:45 PM

And Troys world colapses! What were the chances of 2 fanzines being launched on the same day? Im going off now to dig a deep deep hole and jump in it :(

PS its 20 A5 pages, black & white, not glossy and €1! I think we are looking at a big shortfall here!

pineapple stu
03/06/2005, 1:54 PM
15000 being handed out free! :eek: Must have some backing!

A face
03/06/2005, 1:55 PM
Where is the money for the other one going though ..... ???

i would support it unless the money goes back into the fans !!

Troy.McClure
03/06/2005, 3:09 PM
Well I cant comment on that obviously but they are being handed out by the FM 104 crew so make of that what you will.

Good luck to them though, they have either put in a hell of a lot of their own cash (there's only 3 involved I thought I saw) or did some really nice marketing to make 15,000 32 colour page copies and give them out free! They have a website too, www.youboysingreen.com

If ye guys could spread the word on the day, that would be very much appreciated, as we have now lost our paddle that we were going down the creek with :(

Drumcondra Red
03/06/2005, 3:29 PM
AFAIK these aren't LOI fans so at least the genisis reporter is by the fans for the fans, and this fact has to be pushed, also if its being given out free by FM104, I don't think many people will pay much attention to it, I know I'm not great at taking notice of free "leaflets" being handed out, anyone agree???

BTW that version of amerillo on that site aint great, nice idea though!!!

Troy.McClure
03/06/2005, 3:36 PM
Well the title says it all; 4pm Kitty OSheas matchday.

Will all those who are (interested) in helping out selling the fanzines please meet me there. I'll have my green Cork City shirt on and a bag or 2 with the fanzines in them. Try to be on time as we need to get out and start selling them quick (You Boys In Green will be from 4!).

You can contact me at 086 8288513.

Troy

PS Bring a bag to hold your fanzines and some change as there will always be one langer with notes only! :p

Troy.McClure
03/06/2005, 4:57 PM
15000 being handed out free! :eek:

Here is the cover (http://www.thepeoplesflag.com/web/img/1031.gif) of the other fanzine... I wont comment on the picture :o Its certanily more eyecatching than ours though! :( They interviewed a Scot and profiled an Italian by the way :p

Sliogán Dóite
03/06/2005, 5:36 PM
They interviewed a Scot and profiled an Italian by the way

:D :D :D

I'm sorry I can't help out with the fanzines but I'll try my hardest to buy a few.

Good luck.