PDA

View Full Version : Super Cup

Sinéad
17/06/2001, 4:00 PM
So....Who is coming to Longford Town for the Super Cup??? Should be a great day/evening!!! But.......I'm not sure of the game will be played at Flancare Park because they are trying to maintain the pitch for the Europe!!!!!! So whats the plans?? :rolleyes:

joe
18/06/2001, 4:35 PM
Where is the rugby pitch, might make the trip if i can get time off.

James
18/06/2001, 4:39 PM
sinead what day is the game on and time also
yea agree with joe will try to get up for it depending on time and wethwer i can get a lift.

Might be a help if yoo posted directions to the rugby ground

pete
18/06/2001, 4:49 PM
Its on wednesday the 27th of June. If City get to the 2nd round of the toto cup they don't play the sooper cup.

Assuming the game still on i'd be on for driving up. Tis about 90min from Dublin (outside of rush hour) but would need directions if on @ the rugby ground.

Éanna
18/06/2001, 5:49 PM
I dunno, the Super Cup is a bit of a joke to be honest. It's nearly as bad as the Munster Senior Cup in terms of publicity re the fixtures!

Sinéad
18/06/2001, 8:41 PM
Well Don't worry boys (men??!!), I'm sure my fellow Longfordians will direct you to the Rugby Club, just don't ask anyone wearing white vests or the Non-Longford Town fans who could direct you to somewhere like Leitrim....and you wouldn't want that!! All else failing, I could meet you!! ;)

joe
18/06/2001, 9:11 PM
Didn't anyone ever tell you not to meet people you only know from the interent? Or if you must, then do it in a public, open space where there's a big crowd - doesn't really sound like a super cup match :D

Éanna
19/06/2001, 1:15 AM
I wouldn't call the UCC labs or the back room of the Lough Tavern a public open space joe, would you?:D

Éanna
19/06/2001, 1:17 AM
Oh sorry, that you "only" know. My mistake.

pete
19/06/2001, 10:08 AM
Tis not a really competitive competition but the footballs usually fairly good with a few goals & entertainment. e.g. Tynan running rings around $hel$ in belfield last year with Dermot Keely doing his nut on the sidelines :D :p ;)

Leonard
19/06/2001, 1:55 PM
The Super Cup is always a handy competition to see City's young talent play for the first team before they are transferred for frees. It's a bit pointless having City in it if they're knocked out of Europe, though. Isn't the whole idea of the competition to give Irish clubs a run out BEFORE their European games?
And wjy not have the game in the real capitol of the midlands, the footballing oasis of Athlone?

Éanna
19/06/2001, 5:43 PM
Originally posted by rebel
Tis not a really competitive competition but the footballs usually fairly good with a few goals & entertainment. e.g. Tynan running rings around $hel$ in belfield last year with Dermot Keely doing his nut on the sidelines :D :p ;)
Keely doing his nut on the sideline? Now there's a rarity......:D

Sinéad
19/06/2001, 6:41 PM
Would you really like to walk back to Cork (if thats where you come from!!) cos thats what will happen if you went to Athlone, your car wouldn't be there when the game was over, either that or it would be without the tyres!! Now.....I ask you, WHY would the game be played in Athlone....REMEMBER.......LTFC in EUROPE.......not Athlone!!:p

James
19/06/2001, 6:50 PM
personally having been out drinking in both places I'd have to say I had a much better time in Longford especially the last time after the cup match.

Btw Sinead we are still waiting for direction to the rugby groung for the Supa cup or do you want to meet usi n town B4 hand or what?

:D :D

Latvia here i come

Neil
20/06/2001, 4:01 PM
Does anyone have a list of Super Cup fixtures handy (in particular Cork City's)?

Neil
20/06/2001, 4:39 PM
June 27: Bohemians v Shelbourne, Longford Town v Cork City
June 29: Shelbourne v Longford Town, Cork City v Bohemians.

July 1: Shelbourne v Cork City , Longford Town v Bohemians.

Sinéad
20/06/2001, 6:21 PM
Meet up.......Yeah, sure!! Well thats if I don't have to report on the match, I might be workin yet! If not, I'll meet ye but either way I'll make sure ye get there!!! C'mon de Town!:p