PDA

View Full Version : Tabby busking on Grafton St.

sligoman
31/05/2005, 3:35 PM
Maybe this should be in off-topic but here anyway:
================================================== ==========
The Conway Sisters launched their new album outside Dublin’s biggest record store, HMV with a little help from another Sligo star in the making, Tabby Callaghan.

Tabby, who has been working with American producer and mentor Mark Hudson in London for the past number of months, joined Laura, Sharon, Sinead and Marie on a busy Grafton Street to perform a handful of songs from the Conway Sisters’ new album.

“Waiting For You” was launched on May 13 and has been receiving critical praise from local and national media since then. The sisters marked the launch of the album by playing in Bootleggers in Sligo on Saturday night last, the day after their HMV appearance, to a massive crowd of home-town supporters.

The concert outside HMV in Dublin was watched by thousands of shoppers on one of Dublin’s busiest streets, but it wasn’t just about the music.

Tabby and The Conway Sisters were also raising funds for the North West Hospice, and the money raised on the day will soon be winging its way to the Sligo charity.

http://www.sligoweekender.com/news/story.asp?j=23263

Neish
31/05/2005, 11:13 PM
The conway Sisters played Jackson's Hotel where I work gave away 100 promotional tickets. 37 people turned up

Lionel Ritchie
01/06/2005, 5:16 PM
as I said before somewhere -they make the partridge family look like Cradle Of Filth. Like I haven't said before but am saying here now ...they're a shower of psycho-Karaoke singers ...oh -and they're all Kicked. :eek:

jofyisgod
01/06/2005, 5:36 PM
Who the fúck are they anyway? Never heard of them (i'm in London)??

Neish
02/06/2005, 11:51 AM
Who the fúck are they anyway? Never heard of them (i'm in London)??

You've never heard of the Conway sisters :eek: .
They came like 3rd or 4th in Euro star, christ man your so behind the times. :rolleyes:

gustavo
02/06/2005, 11:55 AM
in fairness lads i think ye are thinking of a different set of sisters