PDA

View Full Version : Killed by Alarm Clock !

Roo69
31/05/2005, 3:21 PM
I always knew Alarm Clocks were the work of the devil..............

A nurse was killed by shock when her bedside alarm clock rang, scientists have said.

Nurse Lisa Jane Browne, 27, suffered from an undiagnosed heart abnormality which caused her heart to stop beating after the sudden shock of her 6am alarm call on the morning of January 12, 1998.

Scientists in Sweden confirmed the paediatric nurse, who worked at The Countess of Chester hospital, had the rare disorder Long QT syndrome.

The condition affects the electrical system of the heart which can cause sudden unexplained death in young people.

Her mother Doreen Harley, of Connah's Quay in north Wales, always suspected her daughter had died of the rare hereditary disorder.

Now she wants the inquest into her death to be reopened and her cause of death changed.

She said: "I could never accept that Lisa died for no reason and now I have proof that it was Long QT syndrome that killed her."

Lisa's family have been investigating her death for the past seven years and have since discovered that five of her relatives also have the hereditary syndrome.

The condition can be diagnosed by an ECG and treated using drugs or a pacemaker.

A spokeswoman for Cheshire Coroners Office said there were no current plans for the inquest to be reopened.

strangeirish
31/05/2005, 3:51 PM
I guess her time was up,huh.

dahamsta
31/05/2005, 4:01 PM
I guess her time was up,huh.Awful, but still made me laugh.

strangeirish
31/05/2005, 4:13 PM
Awful, but still made me laugh.

'Twas awful, but 3/4 of my brain lives in the dark side and the other 1/2 struggles with math ;)