PDA

View Full Version : Building out...

dahamsta
11/03/2002, 2:18 PM
The target of Foot.ie was always to build out to meet demand, but it's becoming increasingly obvious to me that it's a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem. Without an increase of members for clubs other than City, we're not inclined to invest the time and energy into building out; but unless we build out, people aren't going to bother with Foot.ie.

To address that, I think it might be possible to go forward without having to take the risk of ploughing a lot of work into something that may or not be successful; in other words, we should be able to build out using the existing framework. For example, we could start publishing extracts to match reports and previews, and link to the articles on other websites; or we could build up resources of handy information on the clubs.

This is already being done to a degree, but I'm wondering how the other admins, mod and of course the members reckon we shoul go about this. Should we post these bits and pieces into the forums themselves, or should we have separate forums for, for example, Match Reports and Match Previews? Should we continue to put club information in Sticky threads on forums, or have a dedicated Club Information forum?

Any and all feedback and suggestions will be appreciated.

adam

pete
11/03/2002, 2:37 PM
Not sure what you mean exactely but heers my 2 cent.....

Should we post these bits and pieces into the forums themselves, or should we have separate forums

Separte sections of forums or separate forums. e.g. Cork City could have a match preview/report section to its forum?

Should we continue to put club information in Sticky threads on forums, or have a dedicated Club Information forum?

Don't know about anyone else but I virtually never check stickys as always us 'view new posts' so again separte sections....

Bleedin demise of $eltic tiger (more work less surfin') has certainly diminished by ability to support the irish website community through site hits etc..........

;)