PDA

View Full Version : Waterford Crystal v Wesport United

The Gaffer
31/05/2005, 8:19 AM
At last, the FAI Junior Cup Final is now set for 19th June.
Anyone, any thoughts on the Final?
What are your predicitons?

The Don
31/05/2005, 9:17 AM
Close game to call. Westport will be stronger than 6 wks ago as they have played about 6 games of their own league ( summer soccer) its just a pity that the team that wins it this year will probably be overshadowed by all that has happened off the pitch.

Raoul Duke
31/05/2005, 1:10 PM
Has anybody got any information on Waterford Crystal? Path to the Final, Manager, Key Players etc.. I know nothing of them, but would like to brush up before the final..

FahyForever
31/05/2005, 1:43 PM
Any chance of just leaving well enough alone at this stage?? Even though the whole bloody palava is over between Westport and Carew, there still has to be this juvenile hostility. "We all hope Westport lose!" - In all fairness, are we in a playground?? As plenty of people here have already said, nobody wanted it to go like it did, but it's over and done with now. Show some dignity in defeat and get on with playing and supporting football. The "worthy winners" will be the team with the most goals at the end of the final. Simple as that. Best of luck to both teams involved.

kanoer
31/05/2005, 2:00 PM
i agree with fahyforever, its all over n done with but these petty jibes will continue im sure.

"everyone here in limerick really hope that crystal win the final !"

im not so sure if thats true tho, i gather from reading the other posts about limerick footie, it seems most of limerick hate carew anyway so i dont think they're really that bothered!!!!!!!!

Thunderblaster
31/05/2005, 7:22 PM
Waterford Crystal would have to be the favourites to win. The recent victory by Waterford in the final of the Oscar Traynor Cup will spur the Suirsiders on and they have the advantage over the recent distractions in the Junior Cup.

crazyaxel
31/05/2005, 7:39 PM
i doubt anyone can really call who will win but id say it will be one great game if both teams play to their full potential!

irisheagle
31/05/2005, 10:41 PM
Waterford Crystal would have to be the favourites to win. The recent victory by Waterford in the final of the Oscar Traynor Cup will spur the Suirsiders on and they have the advantage over the recent distractions in the Junior Cup.

????? Crystal has only two players on The Waterford Squad and they were warming the bench.

backodanet
08/06/2005, 12:25 PM
is it on this weekend??

gnasher
08/06/2005, 3:44 PM
The Final is on Sunday week (June 19th) in Buckley Park, Kilkenny with a 3pm kick off. Come on the Port!

irisheagle
08/06/2005, 11:44 PM
Crystal beaten 1-0 by Carrick United in The Waterford Premier Cup Final on Monday night

Thunderblaster
10/06/2005, 12:30 AM
Crystal beaten 1-0 by Carrick United in The Waterford Premier Cup Final on Monday night

That is extra incentive for Waterford Crystal to win the final on the 19th.

abbeyvale
20/06/2005, 8:50 PM
That is extra incentive for Waterford Crystal to win the final on the 19th.

Lads
What was the score in this game??

FahyForever
20/06/2005, 11:18 PM
An absolutely massive achievement for Westport and thoroughly deserved considering the epic battles, both on and off the pitch. They bet esteemed opposition from some of the Junior Leagues strongholds and kept their nerves through the Semi-final furore and crucially, the final. A massive step forward for Mayo Football which can only serve to enhance the perception of our league and a great testament to a team with an admirable team-spirit coupled with some great individual talent. The very best of continued success to them. At least until Fahy Rovers get into the Super League. ;)

Congratulations to everyone involved in the club!!!!!!!