PDA

View Full Version : Pats game

Ronnie
30/05/2005, 4:17 PM
Do we have a rule on this forum when we get a good result and performance we don't bother commenting?

Martinho II
30/05/2005, 8:08 PM
it is a tad surprising that really. Best atmosphere of the season, best performance of the season, the players celebrate right in front of the crowd, it felt like old times again.

then you had the scangers threatening to fight you cos we boo his mate who runs onto the pitch.

mylers goal was top notch he is on fire at the mo and murph has being a revelation since he returned to the squad.

happy days! :cool:

Nipper
30/05/2005, 8:08 PM
Good point, Ronnie. I'm not the best at posting myself but i was wondering about the lack of comment. There was a good old-fashioned Inchicore atmosphere amongst the Longford crowd at the game, which seemed to spur on the team. They played well, keeping the ball on the floor, had Pat's on the back foot for most of the game...the confidence is obviously back after beating UCD. When Barry was sent off, the Dillo/Paiso/Murph triumvirate coped comfortably. The goal was a fine finish from Myler.
Vinnie showed exactly why he has been released, being about 2 yards behind every ball. Pat's were very poor overall.
We're starting to look like a Top 4 team :)

Macy
31/05/2005, 6:54 AM
Do we have a rule on this forum when we get a good result and performance we don't bother commenting?
Sure Ronnie, there's people who'll only post when they can get away with a Matthews Out post. No point when we win, save the anger for the next draw :rolleyes:

Maz
31/05/2005, 11:30 AM
It was a great atmosphere and the harsh sending off of Barry was the changing of the game imo! The crowd really got behind the team after that and infairness to the lads they gave it their all!
Barry prenderville was sent off for pats (straight red) for kicking John Martin on the ground. What amazed me, there were two major incidents and the ref missed both. Barry Ferguson foul on Rowe did not deserve a straight red it was a disgrace. Then Barry Prendervilles attack was outrageous and he missed it too, but the linesman from the same spot missed it too, only for the 4th official (fair play to him) called the refs attention to it!

Murphys cross to Myler for the goal was superb and an excellent finish. All in all a good passionate performance from the lads who played most of the game with 10 men!