PDA

View Full Version : Shels v Cork

elroy
30/05/2005, 12:52 PM
Im only back in Ireland recently and havent being to an el game in ages, just wondering what the story is with tonight, thinkin of going to the shels game? presume you can get tickets on the night no bother?

redgav
30/05/2005, 12:55 PM
Elroy - Loads of us CCFC Exiles will be meeting in Fagans Bar before the game ,from about 6.30pm onwards -

Dee75
30/05/2005, 2:56 PM
There will be more Cork fans than shels fans tonight!!!!!!

ccfcgirl
30/05/2005, 2:58 PM
Im going to go with a Cork city win To-night .No supporters buses going from Cork ,which is a pity .Thank God its on setanta Tv.

elroy
30/05/2005, 3:26 PM
Cheers red gav, tis being a while since ive seeing city so looking forward to it, fancy our chances tonight.
I presume the situation is the same as ever tickets wise so, get them there etc.

pete
30/05/2005, 4:13 PM
I presume the situation is the same as ever tickets wise so, get them there etc.

Just pay cash at the gate. No problems with tickets & not be any queue either.

elroy
30/05/2005, 4:29 PM
Just pay cash at the gate. No problems with tickets & not be any queue either.

unfortunately things havent changed so, was hearing attendances have risen alot.
anyways should be a good game.

adamcarr
30/05/2005, 9:28 PM
So what was the score?! :D

Buller
30/05/2005, 9:37 PM
Shels 0 - 2 Cork
O'Donovan 54
Brennan OG 74

harpskid
30/05/2005, 9:48 PM
.....awaits a random rant from Oily about something unrelated to take away from the fact that they were beaten again :p

Poor Student
30/05/2005, 9:49 PM
Will this be repeated on Setanta?

adamcarr
30/05/2005, 9:50 PM
Shels 0 - 2 Cork
O'Donovan 54
Brennan OG 74
I was only joking! TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

dcfcsteve
30/05/2005, 9:54 PM
Decent job by Setanta - good idea to have David Jeffreys down as a commentator. One baby step closer to an all-island league.... :) Their wee Eircom League ident is good as well.

Not a great game though, and the crowd was very disappointing for a top of table clash. Cork deserved to win, though a 2 goal margin was slightly flattering.

Anyone know when Shels last lost 3 in a row (including 2 at home) ?

monutdfc
30/05/2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah, definitely a good idea to get Jeffries (sp?) as pundit - especially as Linfied had played both sides recently, so he knew the players.
Loved the way they kept catching Collins on the 'phone. Such blatant disregard of Nutsy's suspension, will they get away with it? Or was Eamonn just ordering a pizza for Glen Crowe?
Game improved in the second half. Monday nights not good for crowds, especially travelling fans.

A face
30/05/2005, 10:17 PM
So does anyone think that John O'Flynn should have got a peno when he was taken down in the box towards the end ???

That could have been number three like !! :D

EnDai
30/05/2005, 11:15 PM
From where I was sitting there was no way it was a penalty. And after tha ppauling non-giving of offside for the first goal, he had to let it slide! :D

Haha, rofl, gg

patsh
31/05/2005, 7:38 AM
Yeah, definitely a good idea to get Jeffries (sp?) as pundit - especially as Linfied had played both sides recently, so he knew the players.
Loved the way they kept catching Collins on the 'phone. Such blatant disregard of Nutsy's suspension, will they get away with it? Or was Eamonn just ordering a pizza for Glen Crowe?
Game improved in the second half. Monday nights not good for crowds, especially travelling fans.
City haven't played Linfield, we were in the group with Portadown.....

The linesman was standing next to Bosco for a lot of those conversations, he MUST have heard some of the discussions.

Will ANYTHING be done though?.....:rolleyes:

Macy
31/05/2005, 7:56 AM
The linesman was standing next to Bosco for a lot of those conversations, he MUST have heard some of the discussions.

Will ANYTHING be done though?.....:rolleyes:
Is it actually against the rules though? I mean once Fenlon isn't on the bench or in the dressing room is he actually breaking the rules by being in phone contact? It maybe against the spirit of the ban....

BohDiddley
31/05/2005, 8:04 AM
So does anyone think that John O'Flynn should have got a peno when he was taken down in the box towards the end ???

No. Even I don't think that! ;)
Still, well done the langers for putting Shels back in their box.
You can take you foot off the pedal now though!

Eire06
31/05/2005, 8:05 AM

No way was that a Peno Colin put in a fair tackle and O'Flynn made a meal of it! Ref was perfectly right not to give anything

paudie
31/05/2005, 8:18 AM
It wasn't a penalty but Hawkins did pull John back outside the box. Ref should have played advantage and then given the free outside the box.

Maybe getting a bit greedy now :D

patsh
31/05/2005, 8:22 AM
Is it actually against the rules though? I mean once Fenlon isn't on the bench or in the dressing room is he actually breaking the rules by being in phone contact? It maybe against the spirit of the ban....
I don't know if it's against the rules, but it makes a mockery of the ban/rule if bosco can just talk away on a phone to nuttsy.
All thats happening there is that the manager is being told to sit in a physically different location in the ground, what kind of punisment is that?

patsh
31/05/2005, 8:23 AM
It wasn't a penalty but Hawkins did pull John back outside the box. Ref should have played advantage and then given the free outside the box.

TBH, I thought he was going to book John for a dive. Didn't look anywhere like a penalty to me from the Riverside......

Eire06
31/05/2005, 8:30 AM

No sorry have to disagree..
Didn't think he held him back at all and when O'Flynn knew he could make nothin more of it he went for the dive and rightly got nothin for it!!

paudie
31/05/2005, 8:33 AM
I don't know if it's against the rules, but it makes a mockery of the ban/rule if bosco can just talk away on a phone to nuttsy.
All thats happening there is that the manager is being told to sit in a physically different location in the ground, what kind of punisment is that?

I think the sanction specifically states that Fenlon isn't allowed communicate with the bench during the game.

How that is to be enforced I don't know.

Macy
31/05/2005, 8:56 AM
I think the sanction specifically states that Fenlon isn't allowed communicate with the bench during the game.

How that is to be enforced I don't know.
Fair enough if it is, but all I've seen is rules about not being in the dressing room 2 hours pre match, half time or within 50 metres of the dug out.

tbh, I think any manager who gets a touchline ban would be in breach if it's no contact. Not sure how effective it is in our league anyway, as you'd get pitch side the other side from the dug outs in most grounds anyway....

tiktok
31/05/2005, 9:09 AM
I don't think the ban would have specifically mentioned contact tbh. They usually don't.

ollie
31/05/2005, 11:53 AM

hawkins definitely got john and not the ball but i didn't think the contact was sufficient enough to give a penalty.john went down easily as well.

bigmac
31/05/2005, 12:25 PM
I don't think the ban would have specifically mentioned contact tbh. They usually don't.

Isn't there some clause about it in the Uefa bans though. Seem to remember a big of aggro when Mourinho said he had been in contact during one of his bans.

elroy
31/05/2005, 12:59 PM
Good win for cork, disappointing first half. Shels are missing a good few so dont think they'll be overly worried just yet.
Crowd bit of a disappointment too although the weather didnt help.

adamd164
31/05/2005, 5:21 PM
I was only joking! TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

so you don't want rico out anymore? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: