PDA

View Full Version : League Cup game

pineapple stu
30/05/2005, 12:36 PM
Preview up on the UCD website (http://www.ucdsoccer.com/viewgame.php?game=18835&PHPSESSID=5e075c810a04221edf9118c409d2f5b8).

Think it'll be an interesting game. Brian Gannon was left out of the Ireland team for the last match in the U-21s tournament down in Cork - I assume that we got onto them on Saturday morning after Aidan Lynch was injured and asked for him not to be played; that would seem to indicate that he's going to be starting tonight and probably on Saturday. Neil Gallagher, Brian Shortall, Paul Byrne/Adrian Murphy (don't know which) and a couple of others will be involved too, I'd say. Would like to see Darren O'Brien on the right wing, 'cos that's one area we're short in at the moment.

Poor Student
30/05/2005, 12:42 PM
I think this is a very important game for The College. By that I mean in terms of Pete Mahon getting a look at some of the squad players in competitive action as we seem to be in need of calling on them. It'll also give lads like Murphy and Gallagher a run out. We know Micko is suspended anyway (lucky man!). I'm looking forward to getting a chance to see Gannon. Perhaps Brophy might figure or is he injured?

pineapple stu
30/05/2005, 12:44 PM
Brophy's around, but he's probably behind Paul Byrne, Conor Sammon, Adrian Murphy, etc. I've heard Dupuy may be starting up front - good for him to get a game in his normal position. Realistically, we've seen the gap between the First and Premier Divisions, so we have to be looking to score once or twice and get a bit of confidence back in front of goal (not even worried if DC score twice or three times! :) ) I'd almost start Robbie Martin left wing so that our inexperienced players are in mid and defence and our experienced players are leading the line against First Division opposition.

Poor Student
30/05/2005, 12:48 PM
Actually I know drawing Dublin City will result in a particularly low crowd but I am interested to see the 1st Division leaders and get a look at the only league club we have never faced. Starting Dupuy is a good idea. If he could manage a couple it would do the confidence great. I imagine Hurley will be at centre mid as Tony Mac won't be playing and the midfield will need some bite.

Schumi
30/05/2005, 12:54 PM
I assume Adrian Murphy will start. He hasn't got much of a look in yet so it'd be interesting to see him. Paul Byrne looks to be close to first choice at this stage (two starts up front in a row, and did well against Rovers I thought) so mightn't see him tonight.

Bald Student
30/05/2005, 2:48 PM
What's the deal with the game? Are there programs and do program sellers still get in for free?

Schumi
30/05/2005, 3:22 PM
It's technically an away game so no.

Colie
30/05/2005, 5:07 PM
Couldn't be €15 tho, could it?

Poor Student
30/05/2005, 5:12 PM
If you lads are that worried you can borrow my student card. :D

Poor Student
30/05/2005, 9:36 PM
Couldn't be €15 tho, could it?

Sadly you found out the answer is yes. ;)