PDA

View Full Version : Keith O'Neill, Living Legend

Gerardinho
30/05/2005, 11:36 AM
Is he the best player never to not have played 20 games not for Ireland not, is it?

I think he is..

Plastic Paddy
30/05/2005, 11:40 AM
My head hurts...

:confused: PP

TerryPhelan
30/05/2005, 11:49 AM
Is he the best player never to not have played 20 games not for Ireland not, is it?

I think he is..

Agree. He was absolutely class - always a threat, quick, strong, exciting to see on the ball. Sorely missed, still (by me at least). Could have got us to a WC and Euro Championships if he was able to grow right... ;)

Eirambler
30/05/2005, 11:53 AM

I think he is..

Jaysus, thats up there in the Bill O'Herlihy land of confusing questions :)

eirebhoy
30/05/2005, 12:14 PM
Maradona is probably slightly better.

Stuttgart88
30/05/2005, 5:17 PM
I've no idea what the question means, but Keith O'Neill is a pr1ck regardless. Fcuker cost us that goal in Macedonia through sheer bloody laziness. I can't believe he had the nerve to stage a testimonial & expect Irish fans to contribute.

Donal81
31/05/2005, 8:06 AM
I don't remember him costing us a goal in Macedonia, what happened? He had a testimonial???

tetsujin1979
31/05/2005, 8:50 AM
Mick brought him on to play left back, and he didn't do it very well!!
He had a testimonial dinner, since he had to retire at a young age, he didn't make much out of the game (comparitively speaking) and is looking to pursue a career in the media.

Cowboy
31/05/2005, 8:53 AM
He let his man go free to score a header

I don't remember him costing us a goal in Macedonia, what happened? He had a testimonial???

Donal81
31/05/2005, 9:15 AM
Didn't remember that, I just have the horrible memory of some mad Macedon rushing through the box to belt in a header. The sad thing was that everyone could see it coming.

In fairness, McCarthy shouldn't have played him left back anyway, if that was the case. I always thought he was a very skillful player who seemed to love playing for Ireland. I heard a story once that he got injured during a medical :rolleyes:

Stuttgart88
31/05/2005, 1:13 PM
Very talented lad alright & unlucky with injuries. But he also believed all his own hype & had a really poor attitude to being rich & famous. Too much of a tart and not enough of a professional is my impression (not based on a huge amount of concrete evidence I admit).

drinkfeckarse
31/05/2005, 1:37 PM
I played with him a few times at U/18 level, seemed a nice enough fella if not a little cocky (but I suppose that's just a Dublin thing ;) :D ).

Surprised to hear he had a testimonial dinner though, I believe he was on big money at Coventry but good luck to him anyway.