PDA

View Full Version : Shelbourne ... You're avin a larf!

aido_b
30/05/2005, 11:29 AM
Just saw this on the Bohs message board ..... Its been taken from the Shels board,

Ah Shels you crack us up, please tell me this was a **** take!

"Take this advice or leave it but,as regards home matches, if a good atmosphere is created in the new stand , eg, no pushing and shoving, and sorry to go on, no bad languagr chants people will come over to you, parents in the groud with kids will let them go over to you, if they know they are ok, child singers grow into adult singers very soon.Keep the chanting simple, new people dont know the words to your songs, and make them funny not rude.Honest if people know its great craic in the new stand they will come over, and new people may appear,Believe me the players hear you and they do respond.so cheer the team and keep it clean, no "Sheep sh------ Bas----- , or "We hope You ------- Die".

:D

manic da hoop
30/05/2005, 11:38 AM
Think of the children! Oh, won't somebody PLEASE think of the children!

Gerardinho
30/05/2005, 11:38 AM
..won't be a problem tonite...
It's a school night ;)

Drumcondra Red
30/05/2005, 11:39 AM
Don't ask... Yer man has some very odd messages!!!

Anto McC
30/05/2005, 3:02 PM
Yeah that's mature,pick on an elder gentleman because he has decent,honest and old time beliefs.I don't know about your grandparents but mine had the same principals as this gentleman.You lot would want to grow the F*ck up,weather you agree with him or not he is a gentleman from a older era with the same beliefs that he was brought up with. :mad:

This is a new low for this message board and Drumcondra Red i'm very dissapointed with you.

dcfcsteve
30/05/2005, 3:57 PM
Just saw this on the Bohs message board ..... Its been taken from the Shels board,

Ah Shels you crack us up, please tell me this was a **** take!

"Take this advice or leave it but,as regards home matches, if a good atmosphere is created in the new stand , eg, no pushing and shoving, and sorry to go on, no bad languagr chants people will come over to you, parents in the groud with kids will let them go over to you, if they know they are ok, child singers grow into adult singers very soon.Keep the chanting simple, new people dont know the words to your songs, and make them funny not rude.Honest if people know its great craic in the new stand they will come over, and new people may appear,Believe me the players hear you and they do respond.so cheer the team and keep it clean, no "Sheep sh------ Bas----- , or "We hope You ------- Die".

:D

I can't see anything wrong in yer man's message Aido.

He's a touch naive and is p!ssing against the wind if he thinks a quite word on a website will clean-up the language of the terraces, but the gist of his note is actually right.

When I have kids and take them to football, I won't want them to hear foul and abusive langauge - and that's from someone who needs checking for Turrets... :) But sadly, there's few ways into football that don't expose kids to the less savoury side of it all (even in a lot of Family Stands).

Drumcondra Red
30/05/2005, 4:16 PM
Yeah that's mature,pick on an elder gentleman because he has decent,honest and old time beliefs.I don't know about your grandparents but mine had the same principals as this gentleman.You lot would want to grow the F*ck up,weather you agree with him or not he is a gentleman from a older era with the same beliefs that he was brought up with. :mad:

This is a new low for this message board and Drumcondra Red i'm very dissapointed with you.

Hang on, I never said anything bad about him, but he does do a lot of odd posting, thats a true statement and I will not retract it! I am also assuming that you are somehow think that I am all for anti-social behaviour, I am not, and I shant apologise for that post, you have read too much into it, and for that I'll apologise for any confusion

A face
30/05/2005, 5:53 PM
and I shant apologise for that post, you have read too much into it, and for that I'll apologise for any confusion

I simply shant .... and how frightfully ghastly of you to ask me to do so !! :p :D

Red Army
30/05/2005, 6:04 PM
There was some Rovers supporter on the Sligo Rovers part of this website saying more or less the same thing.

Rebel N
30/05/2005, 6:12 PM
I simply shant .... and how frightfully ghastly of you to ask me to do so !! :p :D

:D :D :D

aido_b
30/05/2005, 10:56 PM

I go to most of the matches with my two older uncles, they're who I started going to the matches with and they've told me stories about stuff that went on in the league in the 60's right up to the 80's and to be honest what goes on at the moment isn't half as bad!

Its a bit strange for someone to come onto a message board and speak about chants etc .... It was posted because I thought it was quite funny for someone to point out these issues when its seen as part of the everyday game now.

Aido

Drumcondra Red
31/05/2005, 10:08 AM

I was wondering how lng it would take for someone to start ripping the **** out of me! Ah well, good spot!!!! :o

BohDiddley
31/05/2005, 5:30 PM
I was wondering how lng it would take for someone to start ripping the **** out of me! Ah well, good spot!!!! :o

**** aLL,
you shant win anything at all!

ralph benham
01/06/2005, 4:13 PM
Sorry lads, but i wasnt havin a laugh,some of the songs sung at matches today have nothing to do with football and are sung not to inspire a team but to insult other fans and players, if someone can explain how "We hope you fuc---g die" can be considered an acceptable part of footbal, well i would be glad to hear it.Fans should cheer thier team and not foul mouth the opposing fans and players,if i appear naive, once again sorry, but maybe the stands would be better places if a few more of us were naive.

WeAreRovers
01/06/2005, 4:46 PM
Sorry lads, but i wasnt havin a laugh,some of the songs sung at matches today have nothing to do with football and are sung not to inspire a team but to insult other fans and players

And then Shels fans wonder why the rest of us laugh at them. :rolleyes:

Ralph, I wouldn't recommend a trip to Turners Cross with Rovers. The mutual loathing would only upset you. And why'll you're at it better stay away from Dalymount on Friday - the real Dublin derby is no place for the delicate either.

KOH

ralph benham
01/06/2005, 5:08 PM
Sorry lads, but being what you would call, an old fella, and having been born in Gillingham, England,i am a veteran of many Gills v Millwall derbies, which make Turnes cross and Dalyer look like a sunday school outing,It wasnt right then and it aint right now, No match is worth one person getting hurt, and sorry, but any ex player will tell you abuse aimed at them only inspires them, save your energy for cheering your team not jeering the opposition,I love the game, and want to see it grow, but we need more people to come to games, lets create an atmosphere in which people feel safe,,,,, but if you feel you need to fight,, then I suggest you take a boat to Marseille , France and enrol in the Foreign Legion, if you need a reference, tell them you once went to a Gills , Millwall game, that should not only gain you entry, but a commission as well.

bohs til i die
01/06/2005, 5:13 PM
Sorry lads, but being what you would call, an old fella, and having been born in Gillingham, England,i am a veteran of many Gills v Millwall derbies, which make Turnes cross and Dalyer look like a sunday school outing,It wasnt right then and it aint right now, No match is worth one person getting hurt, and sorry, but any ex player will tell you abuse aimed at them only inspires them, save your energy for cheering your team not jeering the opposition,I love the game, and want to see it grow, but we need more people to come to games, lets create an atmosphere in which people feel safe,,,,, but if you feel you need to fight,, then I suggest you take a boat to Marseille , France and enrol in the Foreign Legion, if you need a reference, tell them you once went to a Gills , Millwall game, that should not only gain you entry, but a commission as well.

I spent most of last friday verbally abusing shels players [before, during and after the game] and the abuse certainly didnt inspire them, unless that was an inspired display from Shelbourne

ralph benham
01/06/2005, 5:22 PM
Try cheering your team, why spend a match jeering the opposition,why does there have to be such a bad atmosphere, Am i really daft for wanting to talk to fans of an opposing team, and go for a drink after,Less trouble , more people at matches, or am I wrong.

A face
01/06/2005, 5:36 PM
Try cheering your team, why spend a match jeering the opposition,why does there have to be such a bad atmosphere, Am i really daft for wanting to talk to fans of an opposing team, and go for a drink after,Less trouble , more people at matches, or am I wrong.

Not at all .... that is the way it should be .... and that is why the league is being held back in some parts of the ****ry, because of the name that fans of the fans have earnt for themselves .... hense ... very few people coming through that gates, .... action .... reaction !!

I agree with you totally ... nothing wrong with banter ..... but it is just not the case with alot of clubs

Carlin
01/06/2005, 5:36 PM
lets create an atmosphere in which people feel safe

Personally speaking, if given a choice between a safe atmosphere (e.g. UCD) or a hate-filled atmosphere (e.g the Hooped scum), I'd pick the latter every time.

ralph benham
01/06/2005, 5:42 PM
If you want to spend your time in a hate filled atmosphere, try marriage, I am truly sorry you feel like that about going to a match, you should be enjoying the expierience,Dont spend your time hateing, its time wasted.

anto eile
01/06/2005, 7:22 PM
your views are a joke ralphbenham.no wonder shels fans are considered a laughing stock

ThatGuy
01/06/2005, 7:25 PM
If you want to spend your time in a hate filled atmosphere, try marriage, I am truly sorry you feel like that about going to a match, you should be enjoying the expierience,Dont spend your time hateing, its time wasted.
If you don't like that kind of atmosphere then you shouldn't go to football matches, plain and simple. :rolleyes:

ralph benham
01/06/2005, 7:34 PM
Going to games to long to stop now,If you think my views are a joke, well at least I made you laugh, Lets hope as you get older, you get wiser.

bohs til i die
02/06/2005, 8:49 AM

Ralph, there was a two groups of Shels fans, about 15 altogether, in the middle/JJ bars in Dalymount for over an hour after Fridays game. No trouble, no issues, just some mild light hearted abuse, and general praise for relieving our wage bill of a few wasters.

Oh and a very big thank you for a handy three points. The majority can separate football rivalry from football hooliganism.

ralph benham
02/06/2005, 9:35 AM
Well done, Bit of fun, I just wish others could see it, thats half the fun of going to a match,will pass on your best wishes to Ollie, but remember he doesnt have my sense of humour ,,bye.

Éanna
02/06/2005, 10:53 AM
Not at all .... that is the way it should be .... and that is why the league is being held back in some parts of the ****ry, because of the name that fans of the fans have earnt for themselves .... hense ... very few people coming through that gates, .... action .... reaction !!

I agree with you totally ... nothing wrong with banter ..... but it is just not the case with alot of clubs
I'd go along with that- people just have to realise that banter is all well and good, but after the game, its over. Nothing wrong with screaming everything under the sun at the opposition during the game and going for a pint with them after. I do agree with Ralph on one thing: a chant of "We hope you ****ing die" is just a tad extreme IMO

WeAreRovers
02/06/2005, 11:58 AM
Personally speaking, if given a choice between a safe atmosphere (e.g. UCD) or a hate-filled atmosphere (e.g the Hooped scum), I'd pick the latter every time.

Oh dear, I'm in agreement with a gypo! ;)

Ralph, You're argument about Gillingham v Millwall doesn't hold water. We've all been to big, hate-filled games (personally the Rome derby, Cardiff away at West Ham, Cardiff anywhere actually are as hate-filled as they come) and those are the games that many of us prefer.

Ever hear of football as catharsis? It's why lots of us go. I was actually disappointed by the lack of sectarian hatred at the Old Firm game I went to last season.

Roll on tomorrow night and the queasy feeling of adrenalin mixed with anxiety and anticipation. You can keep your sterile atmosphere at Shels, you're welcome to it.

KOH

Peadar
02/06/2005, 1:17 PM
I can't see anything wrong in yer man's message Aido.

He's a touch naive and is p!ssing against the wind if he thinks a quite word on a website will clean-up the language of the terraces, but the gist of his note is actually right..

I agree with you there, Steve.
Those were my thoughts when I read it.
Certainly nothing amusing in it.

Jaime
02/06/2005, 5:57 PM

I think someone who regards marriage as hate-filled has more serious issues that a football fan who screams "I hope you die".

Colm
02/06/2005, 7:52 PM
I think someone who regards marriage as hate-filled has more serious issues that a football fan who screams "I hope you die".

My sentiments exactly.

Also have to agree with WAR, Carlin etc that a hate filled atmosphere is better than a lovey dovey bullsh!t nice atmosphere any day. It all adds to the excitement and makes you want to win even more imo.

btw Eanna, I've heard you shout stuff a lot worse than "I hope you fcuking die" at matches on many occasions! ;) :)

TonyD
02/06/2005, 9:36 PM
I think Ralph is getting a bit confused between banter, taunting of opposition fans/players/managers etc, which is relatively harmless and adds to the athmosphere, and actual violence, which is stupid, brainless and wrong wrong wrong. (BTW can never understand supporters abusing their own players or manager either, totally counter productive)

Éanna
02/06/2005, 11:05 PM
btw Eanna, I've heard you shout stuff a lot worse than "I hope you fcuking die" at matches on many occasions! ;) :)
I wouldn't say a lot worse, but something along those lines on a couple of occasions yeah :o But one maniac screaming it is one thing- a whole crowd chanting it is kinda ugly

Sliogán Dóite
03/06/2005, 11:30 AM
A bit of friendly banter is OK but I can see where he's coming from as it shouldn't get too serious.

ralph benham
03/06/2005, 6:12 PM
REmember what can happen in a hate filled enviroment,Heyshal stadium, people killed, i cant believe people want that to happen, but it can and does. Is it to much to ask ,that we can all enjoy a game in safety,and without the en mass bad language,,,,, and dont take the marrige joke to serious, like a match it should be a fun filled affair,( I WISH).