PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT : Setanta Subscribers - Please read

dcfcsteve
30/05/2005, 1:47 AM
***** Moderators : can you make this a sticky ? Thanks. *****

Building on the success of the campaign over International tickets, the NLSA is working on a number of new initiatives. One of these is for the fans to do their bit to ensure Setanta have a positive view on how the inaugural Setanta cup went.

The Setanta Cup has been the single most important development for Irish football in the last 20 years. Setanta will doubtless hold a formal business review at some point into how they think the tournament went for them. If, for whatever reason, they conclude that it hasn't delivered for them, and therefore lose some of their enthusiasm for it or even want to discontinue it - then that would be a disaster for Irish football.

To help give them a positive view of the tournament, the NLSA will be writing to the channel to formally put on-the-record the thanks and support of Irish football fans for setting it up.

As well as including anecdotal evidence of the impact the tournament has had upon their subscriber numbers, we also want to collate a list of people who have subscribed to Setanta solely or primarily because of the introduction of this tournament (and their expected coverage of EL games as well).

If you have subscribed to Setanta - and did so solely or primarily because of the tournament - please let us know the details below so we can add you to the list. The list will be communicated to Setanta along with the letter, to help show them the direct commercial benefit of such a competition.

Also - if you know of anyone else who isn't a foot.ie user but who has subscribed to Setanta for the tournament, please add their details on as well.

Thanks for your help.

NAME (of subscriber) TOWN (Where you live) TEAM (you support)
Noel Gannon, Ballinasloe, Athlone Town
Pat Shine, Cork, Cork City
Padraig Cronin, Cork, Cork City
Niamh O'Mahoney, Cork, Cork City
John O'Connor, Ballyvourney, Cork City
Stephen O'Keefe, Cork, Cork City
Steve Bradley, Galway ;) , Derry City
Kevin McDaid, Derry, Derry City
Chris McNulty, Donegal, Finn Harps
Chris McNulty, Dundalk, Finn Harps
Tony Brogan, Ballybofey, Finn Harps
Martin Stapleton, Longford, Longford Town
Mark Breen, Dublin, Shelbourne

patsh
30/05/2005, 6:55 AM
I suscribed to Setanta purely for the tournament. Probably going to get rid of it now though!

Pat Shine, Cork, CCFC.

BohDiddley
30/05/2005, 7:17 AM
I've cut this 'cos it's in the way.

harpskid
30/05/2005, 8:50 AM
I subscribed twice for both my residences

Chris Mc Nulty, Donegal, Finn Harps
Chris Mc Nulty, Dundalk, Finn Harps

;)

paudie
30/05/2005, 8:57 AM
Pádraig Cronin, Cork, Cork City

niamh
30/05/2005, 9:05 AM
Niamh O'Mahony, Dublin, I subscribed on SKY at home in Cork on behalf of my brothers for the F1 and the Setanta Cup/eL coverage.

exile
30/05/2005, 12:22 PM
i get it for free in dubland but its a good channel imo badly needed not just for irish soccer but irish sport in general

MariborKev
30/05/2005, 2:53 PM
Kevin McDaid, Derry, Derry City

Mark Breen
30/05/2005, 3:09 PM
I have NTL and therefore get setanta as part of my package but if i didn't have it i would pay to get it in so i could watch the matches i can't get to

Mark Breen - Dublin - Shelbourne FC

Martinho II
30/05/2005, 8:26 PM
you can add my name to the list!

martin stapleton longford town fc

sullanefc
30/05/2005, 9:57 PM
John O Connor, Ballyvourney, Cork City FC

hamish
30/05/2005, 10:23 PM
Joined for the Setanta Cup but like the German/French footie as well.

In all honesty, would not have joined if there was no Setanta Cup.

Great idea, guys, fully support this campaign and will do what I can to back it.

Congrats.

Noel Gannon, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway

six flags
30/05/2005, 10:36 PM
Tony Brogan Ballybofey Finn Harps

Soko
30/05/2005, 10:47 PM
Stephen O Keeffe, Cork, Cork City