PDA

View Full Version : ucd are the worst club in the country

jorge
29/05/2005, 6:03 PM
ucd have the worst fanbase in the country their boring and are only taking up a space in the EL their keeping great clubs like galway limerick comh sligo out of the premier i hope to god they get relegated please

Poor Student
29/05/2005, 6:08 PM
Are you looking to get banned?

A face
29/05/2005, 6:15 PM
..... rant .....

Jorge .... no trolling in other forums, if you have a general point to make about eL clubs and their fanbase ... make it in Eircom League section.

Bald Student
29/05/2005, 6:16 PM
The only two things keeping other clubs out of the premier is the standard of football they play (we won promotion from all of those clubs fairly) and the fact that Shamrock Rovers kept their place in the premier by spending money which they didn't have.

jorge
29/05/2005, 6:18 PM
sorry

Poor Student
29/05/2005, 6:22 PM
Jorge you need to relax a bit. There are clubs with worse fans bases than UCD and lower gates even back when we were in the First Division. At this stage I couldn't even be bothered to list the players which UCD have produced of other clubs or developed after being released by others. UCD also give many of these lads a third level education while they're at it and we make an effort to keep the ball on the deck. Plus we never owe our players, other clubs or even other creditors outstanding amounts paying our players on time.

Sheridan
29/05/2005, 6:24 PM
The only two things keeping other clubs out of the premier is the standard of football they play (we won promotion from all of those clubs fairly) and the fact that Shamrock Rovers kept their place in the premier by spending money which they didn't have.
:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :confused:

Shamrock Rovers' Premier Division status is protected by a UNESCO preservation order, to prevent the dissolution of Western civilization which would inevitably result from their relegation.

jorge
29/05/2005, 6:25 PM
fair enough i suppose you do produce good players

Poor Student
29/05/2005, 6:32 PM
For the record our average attendence last season was better than Athlone, Cobh, Kilkenny, Kildare, Limerick and Monaghan.

jorge
29/05/2005, 6:35 PM
For the record our average attendence last season was better than Athlone, Cobh, Kilkenny, Kildare, Limerick and Monaghan.
ok but there should be a better effort made to get the attendances a bit respectful

pineapple stu
29/05/2005, 6:37 PM
I assume this semi-literate rubbish is heading for the bin?

jorge
29/05/2005, 6:40 PM
ill say no more

Poor Student
29/05/2005, 6:40 PM
ok but there should be a better effort made to get the attendances a bit respectful

Well UCD has an image problem. Some people think it is the team of your average students instead of actually being the team of the locality and a team of proper semi-professional players and adults. Then you have the general student apathy and the bad image already surrounding UCD and its apparent non-existent fans. On top of that you have the general Irish attitude to the eL. Some of the lads here tried sticking up posters around the college to announce matches but it made no difference. The club has been targeting to local area a little. There is a soccer camp during the summer and kids soccer matches during half time. The club is making an effort but picking up fans is easier said than done.

Poor Student
29/05/2005, 6:41 PM

To be fair I think he said somewhere he is Peruvian.

jorge
29/05/2005, 6:48 PM
i dont really concentrate on spelling or things like that as im a slow typer ive lived in ireland for the last 8eight years and my family is irish

jofyisgod
29/05/2005, 6:49 PM
I know you're new, but this blatant trolling is unacceptable.

Mods: Move this out of here ASAP, and direct him towards the rules page.

jorge
29/05/2005, 7:00 PM
I know you're new, but this blatant trolling is unacceptable.

Mods: Move this out of here ASAP, and direct him towards the rules page.
i understand now i apologise to the ucd fans on foot.ie and it should be removed

Colie
29/05/2005, 9:40 PM
UCD fans were better than the Rovers fans last Friday.

CollegeTillIDie
29/05/2005, 10:00 PM
Our First Division attendances last year were better than Cobh Rambler's attendances this year. And the comparison is valid as they are challenging for promotion this season and on gates of 290 that is going to run out of steam pretty darn quick!

Bald Student
29/05/2005, 10:49 PM
I know you're new, but this blatant trolling is unacceptable.We're all grown-ups here. We don't mind a little light hearted trolling. It keeps us alert.

Schumi
30/05/2005, 12:07 PM
Yawn, we've been through this argument enough times at this stage. Thread closed.