PDA

View Full Version : Mark Rossiter

gustavo
29/05/2005, 7:52 AM
i read in the donegal democrat that stephen capper that plays for harps is staying with the rossiters in sligo when he playing for harps he also said that mark rossiter played for harps in a friendly and there is the possibility of him signing for them , surely he would make a good addition to our squad?

Petmuller
29/05/2005, 8:13 AM
Not surprisingly the way Ian was treated by Rovers didn't go down too well with the Rossiter family and basically they have now moved their allegiance to Harps. When Ian played with Rovers and indeed before that his parents were devored to the bit o red sadly now they support the other half, the boys from Finn Valley.
Hindsight is a great thing but I think the club made a huge mistake getting rid of Ian. We all agree that the right side of our defence is our weak side and I think Ian Rossiter was/is quite capable of breaching that gap, but just like so many more before him the club has lost out on the services of yet another local. Now counting Mark the club has lost out on two players from the one family :(

Mitch Buchanon
30/05/2005, 10:39 AM
That must be the Capper lad who was playing for Scarborough with Keith Gilroy 2 seasons ago.

sligoman
30/05/2005, 10:42 AM
That must be the Capper lad who was playing for Scarborough with Keith Gilroy 2 seasons ago.

Yes, it is!

harpskid
30/05/2005, 10:44 AM
Capper played for us on Saturday night and Mark Rossiter hopes to sign for us shortly too

red metal
30/05/2005, 1:08 PM
Mark is on for signing for harp,s.I here he is waiting on his insurance to go through in england before he can sign here in Ireland.and let me tell you lad,s there is no hope of him signing for rover,s.

gustavo
30/05/2005, 1:12 PM
another one that got away...

Rory H
30/05/2005, 1:16 PM
not really....we have a good squad that will be boosted in july.....

gustavo
30/05/2005, 1:18 PM
ok then!
any truth in the rumour that keith gilroy is back in sligo?

Rory H
30/05/2005, 1:28 PM
probably spending time with his family and waiting for offers

it will take some convincing for him to play for us....he is at least prem division quality

gustavo
30/05/2005, 1:32 PM
i dont see how it will take much convincing i dont think the prem clubs will be rushing in for a player who didnt make it with scarboro ,, maybe five years ago but not now.

Rory H
30/05/2005, 1:34 PM
because he is quality!he did make it with scarborough...he left mutually...he was voted best player in the conference in a poll and is way too good for 1st div....would be a great coup though ...love to ask connor if he would come online

Mitch Buchanon
30/05/2005, 2:07 PM
Gilroy is back in Sligo at the moment. I heard he's been offered terms by a conference or Div.2 team for next season. I'd say he's definitely going back to England. He has had some amount of injuries though. If he doesn't go injury free this season he can forget about it.

Red Soldier
30/05/2005, 10:51 PM
He was back in Sligo due to a recent family bereavement i was talkin to him and brought up coming back to rovers,ill put it this way its not on the cards.Hes in contact with a conference side which he ll join if the wages are right.

shedhead
30/05/2005, 11:22 PM
Keith would walk onto any team in this country.if it wasnt for injuries he would prob be on a premiership team by now.he is a class act.Loads of clubs are after him in england and he will get a league team i will gaurantee you. But when we do get back into premier division i would like to see himself, alan cawley,cairan martyn and a few others in the bit o red

gustavo
31/05/2005, 8:02 AM
its a sad situatuon when a local player wont play for us cos they think it means they havent made it .

garykelly
31/05/2005, 8:56 AM
Gilroy wont be joining rovers. I thought it could have been an option but it's not. He'll be heading back to England. He rejected a scarboro deal and played a couple of games for Darlington. Anyway he's on bigger money that rovers could afford and if he came back to Ireland he'd prob goto shel's or someone like that. we couldnt afford Cawley either. Not sure what Martyn is on but would like to see him play for rovers if the chance arose

gustavo
31/05/2005, 3:47 PM
according to this (http://www.a-love-supreme.com/archive/archive129.htm) rossiter is retiring!

go to the bottom of the page.

Mitch Buchanon
31/05/2005, 5:26 PM
Does anyone know what Keith Carty is at these days?

garykelly
01/06/2005, 8:38 AM
according to this (http://www.a-love-supreme.com/archive/archive129.htm) rossiter is retiring!

go to the bottom of the page.

Retiring from pro football that is. Once he is sorted out he'll probably start playing for finn harps

raginrover
01/06/2005, 9:03 AM
Does anyone know what Keith Carty is at these days?

Hes down at castlebar Celtic with Gavin Dykes, hope it goes well for him.

roversforever
01/06/2005, 11:19 PM
where did ram miller go at the end of last season?and riviere williams?

gustavo
02/06/2005, 8:18 AM
two good players and i was surprised when sean let ram go but in fairness we havent really missed him this season. i think they went to glenavon but not really sure.

garykelly
02/06/2005, 8:53 AM
where did ram miller go at the end of last season?and riviere williams?

i think 2nd division in Argentina. That's what i've heard anyway.