PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon breaks Touchline Ban

Pages : [1] 2

pete
28/05/2005, 11:55 AM
Pat Fenlon (Manager, Shelbourne) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches, fined EUR200 and warned as to his future conduct. For this two match suspension, Mr Fenlon is to remain at least 50 metres away from the dressing room, technical area and pitch for at least two hours before the matches as well as during and after the matches.

Pat fenlon was not on the touchline during last nights game but was pitchside after the game & walked across the pitch with players after the game!

Ban started on 18th May so what will the eircom league do now???

EnDai
28/05/2005, 12:10 PM
Odd that. He seemed to be in the TV box for the match.

THey'll probably extend the ban, tho it seems odd that you can't see your players once the match has been played, and there's no tactical/strategic advantage to it.

But rules are rules, no matter how retarted they may seem :)

pete
28/05/2005, 12:11 PM
But rules are rules, no matter how retarted they may seen :)

Your an imposter. He way your a Shels fan. God help you when Oiley hears criticism.

:eek:

De Town
28/05/2005, 12:12 PM
extend the ban and fine the cun.ts.....HEAVILY :cool:

EnDai
28/05/2005, 12:13 PM
:cool:

Passive
28/05/2005, 12:17 PM
Rules are rules and I think the only option available to the FAI is to revoke Shelbourne's licence. :p

Poor Student
28/05/2005, 12:18 PM
Didn't Eamonn Collins breach a ban recently?

De Town
28/05/2005, 12:21 PM
Didn't Eamonn Collins breach a ban recently?
Yeah. He was banned for the first game against ye and he was on the touchline. Havent heard anything else since :rolleyes:

pete
28/05/2005, 12:21 PM
Was watching the game & wondered firat why couldn't see Fenlon on the bench. Then more confused when watlked across the pitch with team. He was alos outside the Shels dressing room with Oiley blatantly breaking the Ban imposed on him.

Only solution is bigger fine & extended ban to 3 more games.

sonofstan
28/05/2005, 12:44 PM
Also after we scored our first, Collins was on his mobile straight away - possibly to the samaritans or AA ? all in full view of the 4th official

BohDiddley
28/05/2005, 1:08 PM
Was watching the game
On TV? How? Where?

A face
28/05/2005, 1:25 PM
Also after we scored our first, Collins was on his mobile straight away - possibly to the samaritans or AA ? all in full view of the 4th official

Isn't that outlawed aswell ..... Why do Shels keep breaking their bans and suspensions .... is it them showing a blatant disregard for the league and the rule book .... do they think they are above the letter of the law .... will they ever stop this madness !! :eek:

:p

Student Mullet
28/05/2005, 1:38 PM
Relax lads, I have it on good authority that a Shamrock Rovers fan wearing a Pat Fenlon mask was responsible for the incident.

pete
28/05/2005, 1:54 PM
On TV? How? Where?

No. With my Eyes. Jodi Stand.

BohDiddley
28/05/2005, 2:13 PM
Fair dues! Happy to put on a good show for you! :p
Actually, as a neutral, what'd you think of JP Kelly?

pete
28/05/2005, 3:01 PM
Kelly was very good. Was my MOTM. He carried the ball forwarded although at time slow to cross the ball.

Shels messed up big time with substitutions & are lacking depth to cover fullback positions.

btid1
28/05/2005, 3:30 PM
Pete,

What was your take on the half time display.Poor little Shels officials seem a bit upset by it :D

Bohs Till I Die!

Gareth
28/05/2005, 3:51 PM
The bohs fans should never of been allowed on the pitch behind Williams. Its under UEFA rules fans are not allowed on the pitch at any time and you should be fined. Your stewarts are a joke. I don't care about verbal attacks cos your not going to stop them but when fans begin to throw stuff at players a line should be thrown and to that end you were in the wrong. I guess it all comes down to your own personal level of cop on.

BohsFans
28/05/2005, 3:58 PM
The bohs fans should never of been allowed on the pitch behind Williams. Its under UEFA rules fans are not allowed on the pitch at any time and you should be fined. Your stewarts are a joke. I don't care about verbal attacks cos your not going to stop them but when fans begin to throw stuff at players a line should be thrown and to that end you were in the wrong. I guess it all comes down to your own personal level of cop on.

It was only a bit of paper money, what the worst that could happen? a paper cut?

Typical shels fan, still can't take a defeat, neither can your players or staff who looking for fights with bohs fans after the game.

Funniest thing of the night was shels backing a hi-ace van up to the dressing room and smuggling juda$ crowe out in the back of it :D :D

BohDiddley
28/05/2005, 4:32 PM
You're omitting the obviously rather relevant detail that the match was not in progress, which of course means that they weren't 'behind Williams' or anything like it.
Out-played. Out-fought. Out-supported.

Troy.McClure
28/05/2005, 4:38 PM
Pete,

What was your take on the half time display.Poor little Shels officials seem a bit upset by it :D

Bohs Till I Die!

I was there too and thought it was disgraceful! :mad: That sort of stuff should just not be allowed, theres no place for it in football matches. Whatever eejit thought it would be agood idea should be fired! I mean, cheerleaders, what are watching? Baseball? :eek:

thejollyrodger
28/05/2005, 4:59 PM
these rules were put in place to keep shels back :mad:

pete
28/05/2005, 5:15 PM
Whatever eejit thought it would be agood idea should be fired! I mean, cheerleaders, what are watching? Baseball? :eek:

Haha :D

I thought the Shels "Jealous?" flag was funny cos not a statement but a question. Shels fans were small but made some noise. Bohs fans fairly quiet & ex-Bohs players didn't that much abuse compared to what Ollie Cahill gets at the cross.

Shels fan(s) should have been thrown out for firework/banger that went off in the 1st half.
Bohs allowing fans & 8-9 flares on the pitch behind the goal was not acceptable & should fined or warned of future conduct - stewards made no effort to remove them.

Seen Eamonn Whatshisname instructing the head steward (bearded fella) to remove fans from side of stand by Shels dressing room at fulltime. he had some cheek & if i'd realised it at the time might have suggested Fenlon be removed - then again Oily was standing next to him & i'm not that brave to be assaulted for the cause.

Good to see Kerr, Houghton & several Ireland players at the match as was good entertainment.

BohsFans
28/05/2005, 5:28 PM
How has everyone missed the point so far??

The flare display at half time was done safely and with the co-operation with the match security.
IN OTHER WORDS IT WAS DONE WITH PRIOR CONSENT AND KNOWLEDGE.

Typical cork fan though, "bohs were nothing compared to us when Ollie Cahill came back when we had 30,000 in the Shed for the best atmosphere ever at a football game"

patsh
28/05/2005, 5:45 PM
That post can be taken seriously the day the stewards at $hels protect opposing managers and players from the little scum that go on the pitch after EVERY $hels game.....:rolleyes:

BohDiddley
28/05/2005, 5:54 PM
Haha :D
Bohs fans fairly quiet & ex-Bohs players didn't that much abuse compared to what Ollie Cahill gets at the cross.

Pete, you are in a parallel universe (not beyond the bounds ...) or you are having a laugh (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/health/hearing.htm) .
Quiet? Not much abuse? I had to buy throat lozenges after last night!
Of course, you have to view these things in proportion. We don't get 103,000 fans like you do at the X.

TheOwl
28/05/2005, 6:07 PM
Pete, you are in a parallel universe (not beyond the bounds ...) or you are having a laugh (http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/health/hearing.htm) .
Quiet? Not much abuse? I had to buy throat lozenges after last night!
Of course, you have to view these things in proportion. We don't get 103,000 fans like you do at the X.

I thought Bohs fans made a lot of noise last night, although their assertions that it was some kind of cauldron are completely over the top.

Also willing to admit that the Shels support was absolutely pathetic last night, but I must also say I thought the Bohs ‘display’ at half-time was a disgrace.

The fans were always going to give the ex-Bohs players some stick and that is to be expected, but for the club to allow something so official take place at half-time smacks of pettiness and bitterness on their part.

Saw a bit of aggro outside the ground too with some young guy laying into some other guy with a plank of wood (no idea who these lads were supporting) and I’ve been reading about the on the pitch nonsense at the end of the game with dismay.

Neither club came out of the night with much credit IMHO.

Slash/ED
28/05/2005, 6:28 PM
Nothing wrong with Bohs display imo. It was hardly the most over the top thing I've ever seen from fans, a few banners and a few flares, nothing wrong with that. It could have been alot worse.

Saw a bit of aggro outside the ground too with some young guy laying into some other guy with a plank of wood (no idea who these lads were supporting)

Rovers :p

A face
28/05/2005, 7:23 PM

103,000 ..... ahh c'mere .... we wouldnt get half that number at the cross, in fairness ..... i mean we are good like, probably the best ..... but we have to be realistic aswell like !! :eek: :rolleyes:

:p

pete
28/05/2005, 8:57 PM
Bottle throwing was when most people had already left the ground (last remaining Shels kids) & stewarding was non existant on the pitch.

Maybe being section B i didn't hear the abuse at Bobby Ryan but i expected booing & jeering everytime he touched the ball.

Halftime display should have been allowed on the pitch as sets bad precedent.

TonyD
28/05/2005, 9:07 PM
[QUOTE=Gareth] Your stewarts are a joke. /QUOTE]

How do you know all their names ? :D :D

A face
28/05/2005, 9:21 PM
Your stewarts are a joke.

How do you know all their names ? :D :D

Classic !! :p

A face
28/05/2005, 9:38 PM
Actually the best of it all was ..... Pat Fenlon getting interviewed by Oisin Langan on NewsTalk and he started the interview with "Yeah, it seems everyone wants us to lose these days, even some of the press ..... !! " :p .... you could see the smile on Oisins face who then went on to talk about the performance .... and then the injuries .... and then the game verses Cork on Monday ...... "Well, you see all games are hard now so this wont be any different" ...... :D ....... Yeah right !! ...... top of the table clash and 'all the games are the same' ..... even if we lose it is worth hearing that !! :D

Slash/ED
28/05/2005, 9:45 PM
you could see the smile on Oisins face

That is some radio you have :eek:

pete
28/05/2005, 9:46 PM

I think he meant could picture the smile...

:rolleyes:

A face
28/05/2005, 9:53 PM

Its fúcking a great !! :D :p

BohsFans
29/05/2005, 12:43 AM
but I must also say I thought the Bohs ‘display’ at half-time was a disgrace.

How exactly??

Shels are a small team, with smaller minds, an even smaller fan base and still havn't learned lose. And they wonder why they are hated so much........ :rolleyes:

Your just jealous that Bohs did that type of display before any other club and it looked fan-****in-tastic. (and safely too with fire buckets etc..)

Slash/ED
29/05/2005, 12:45 AM
In fairness it was a few people with flares and a banner, it was hardly the most stunning and creative display of all time, but I also don't think it's worth complaining about, nothing wrong with it at all.

Gareth
29/05/2005, 12:10 PM
We lost twice in a row and I have read very little about any shels fan saying we were cheatedl? Linfield beat us well and most shels fans have said that. Bohs beat us, but I put that down to bad mistake not subbing the two lads that clashed. No argument with Bohs or Linfield for winning. What are you talking about so that we cant take a loss. The flare display took place when the teams were on the pitch. I have a number of photos of it. Whether the STEWARDS allowed it or not is irrelevent, it should never of been let happen on the sideline!!! I we did it in Tolka Bohs fans would have kittens!!

Philo
29/05/2005, 1:34 PM
Kittens don't work so well, we'll stick to flags and flares.

A face
29/05/2005, 3:31 PM
Whether the STEWARDS allowed it or not is irrelevent

You got it right this time, fair play to you .... you catch on quick !! :p

BohDiddley
29/05/2005, 5:13 PM
We lost twice in a row and I have read very little about any shels fan saying we were cheatedl? Linfield beat us well and most shels fans have said that. Bohs beat us, but I put that down to bad mistake not subbing the two lads that clashed. No argument with Bohs or Linfield for winning. What are you talking about so that we cant take a loss. The flare display took place when the teams were on the pitch. I have a number of photos of it. Whether the STEWARDS allowed it or not is irrelevent, it should never of been let happen on the sideline!!! I we did it in Tolka Bohs fans would have kittens!!
Teams were on the pitch, but it was before kick-off. Selective recall at work here, methinks.
Someone else (Slash?) opined that neither club comes out well from the post-match incidents. I think that's fair enough up to a point. Some of our fringe muppets, mostly kids, got involved in disputes with Shels staff and players, in a manner that is not endorsed by the majority of Bohs fans and certainly not by the club.
But I do not think you can compare the two. For your chairman, manager and players to lose it in the way they did -- and it's not the first time -- is a far more serious offence.
Given their repeated indulgence in this sort of bizarre ****tery, it's high time the powers that be took some action to put a stop to these people's concerted efforts, towards bringing the game into disrepute. Off the top of my head:
your manager was involved in similar scenes at Dalymount last season
your chairman has attacked the integrity of the current Bohemian FC manager
your chairman has attempted to blame SRFC fans for trouble surrounding a Linfied match
and now this -- chairman looking for a fight (!); players threatening fans; fenlon breaking touchline ban
Imagine the mayhem if every manager and chairman in the league behaved in the same manner as Ollie and Nutsy.

bohs til i die
29/05/2005, 5:21 PM
Some of our fringe muppets, mostly kids, got involved in disputes with Shels staff and players, in a manner that is not endorsed by the majority of Bohs fans and certainly not by the club.

I think you need to be put straight on one point ....

Bohs fans, standing in a spectator area gave the Shels manager, players and secretary some mild stick about losing to Bohs yet again. Most of those involved are regular posters on the Bohs MB and are not trouble makers. There is a difference between trouble and being a football fan. It was Ollie and one or two others from Shels who attempted to get to the Bohs fans, not the other way around.

Bbosh fans knew a few comments about Shels lacking bottle would get them wound up and everyone then just stood there and watching the ensuing comedy show.

It was quality entertainment. Shels fans are going on like they never ever dish out some stick to Bohs [or any other clubs players] players. Tthe differnce is we all know that Shels have so many people with short fuses and the reaction will be hilarious.

I cant wait til we play them at home again.

BohDiddley
29/05/2005, 5:37 PM
I don't really want to open an internal debate here. You may be right: I wasn't there for the afters, so I am repeating what I have read elsewhere, including on the Bohs MB. If what I have said is deemed inaccurate by someone who was there, then I am happy to withdraw it entirely.
However, there have been references to missile throwing by some of our fans. It was on a very minor scale and was quickly and quite skilfully sorted out by the guards, but it did happen and we have rightly been criticised for it. I should have referred to this, rather than to events which I did not see, in my former post.
My principal point remains: there is no comparison, even if Shelbourne accounts are to be believed -- and that is becoming more difficult with every incident lately -- between the alleged conduct of a small number of Bohs fans and the unprofessional and reprehensible actions of some of their senior players and officials.

pete
31/05/2005, 11:08 AM
I know no need to gloat after great win but the eL/FAI will have no credability whatsoever is they do not sanction Fenlon for blatantly breaking his touchline ban again.

Ban says cannot be within 50 yards of the pitch before or after the game! Fenlon was seen in the stand i believe & he also did interview live on tv after the match.

Collins mobile phone incidents may not break the letter of the rule but certianly the spirit!

MariborKev
31/05/2005, 11:11 AM
Lads,

Same thing happened when we were playing Bohs in Dalymount last season. Farrelly was banned but spent the second half on the edge of the tunnell area in Dalymount, less than 5 yards from the pitch shouting instructions to the players.

I complained to one of the stewards and was told in less than polite language that it was none of my business

Gareth
31/05/2005, 11:39 AM
Don't die of shock now lads when I say...

I agree. I have seen managers get sent off time and again and they walk behind the dugout. Roddy did it when we played Rovers. Dolan did it in Tolka, Fenlon did it in the situations above. We have seen plenty of example of rules being screwed with, from all teams, or most.

Unless they are enforced it will continue to happen.

pete
31/05/2005, 11:41 AM
I only noticed this season that Managers have to be 50 yards away & not at ground pre or post match. Maybe this was introduced to prevent Manager suspensions.

Risteard
31/05/2005, 11:48 AM
Thought there'd be a much bigger deal made about this on here.
Then again, we won.
It was so blatant, it was hilarious.
My opinion is they know they're going to get away with it, so why not?

pete
31/05/2005, 11:53 AM
My opinion is they know they're going to get away with it, so why not?

I think Collins was in commentary box in Tolka for game earlier in the season. The eL made him serve his ban again for next game as they caught him. If there is to be any consistency Fenlon should at very minimum serve his 2 match ban for the next 2 games again!