PDA

View Full Version : 2004 v 2005 So Far

The Good Son
28/05/2005, 10:58 AM
I'm bored in work so decided to compare results from this year, Rico thrown in at the deep end (tactically retarded if you listen to some) in charge, and at the same stage last year, St. Pat (patron saint of those who can do no wrong) with a settled squad, as manager.

P W D L F A Pts.
2004 10 4 3 3 14 12 15
2005 10 6 3 1 16 6 21
+2 - -1 +2 -6 +6

Home P W D L F A Pts. Away P W D L F A Pts.

2004 4 1 2 2 5 6 5 6 3 2 1 9 6 11
2005 5 2 2 1 6 3 8 5 4 1 0 10 3 13

And there's still people out there who want Rico out.

Sorry if the above is all a bit jumbled but I'm all lost when it comes to formatting

Cityfeen
28/05/2005, 11:13 AM
All that and we're playin nice football. C'mon City and Rico

pete
28/05/2005, 11:43 AM
6 points better after 3rd of season is very good improvement. Hopefully as Rico gets to know the players he can improve further.

I think Rico has done good job as steady hands with little time to prepare. All teams are unlucky at times but the "goal" at Tolka really deprieved us of Setanta Cup final.

niamh
28/05/2005, 12:50 PM
Forget facts, I'm gona base my beliefs on my selective, rose-tinted memory. Rico out!

;)

On a real note, every manager needs time and Rico's done alright.
The only time we will be able to compare him with Pat is when he has been in charge of City for a couple of seasons. It is only then we'll see his stamp on the team. It took time for Dolan to do that as well.

Fair_play_boy
28/05/2005, 10:56 PM
Forget facts, I'm gona base my beliefs on my selective, rose-tinted memory. Rico out!

;)

On a real note, every manager needs time and Rico's done alright.
The only time we will be able to compare him with Pat is when he has been in charge of City for a couple of seasons. It is only then we'll see his stamp on the team. It took time for Dolan to do that as well.Spot on there Niamh.

jorge
29/05/2005, 2:18 PM
yeah but can rico win 14 league games in a row

Troy.McClure
29/05/2005, 3:32 PM
Doesnt matter if we dont have a cr@p first quarter, second quarter and third quarter in the league like last season. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we can win a game in the FAI Cup this year for the first time in 3 years this time :o

A face
29/05/2005, 4:23 PM
Just looking at the points above and they are fairly impressive ... Rico is doing the stuff alright !!

Just wondering ...... if we win against Shels tomorrow and go top of the table, it'll be the first time we'll be top of the table in a few years .... am i right ... Dolan never got us top of the table last year, am i right in saying that ??

Anyway .... fair play to Rico .... he has us in a very good position fair play to him.

kevincronin2000
29/05/2005, 7:09 PM
Just looking at the points above and they are fairly impressive ... Rico is doing the stuff alright !!

Just wondering ...... if we win against Shels tomorrow and go top of the table, it'll be the first time we'll be top of the table in a few years .... am i right ... Dolan never got us top of the table last year, am i right in saying that ??

Anyway .... fair play to Rico .... he has us in a very good position fair play to him.

we were top after our opening day victory at home to dublin city

A face
29/05/2005, 10:51 PM
we were top after our opening day victory at home to dublin city

Was that for a two game run because it was alphabetical order !! :eek: .... we didn't get near it for the rest of the year .... closest was 2 points at one stage i think and 3 points towards the end ..... were 15 points off the top at one stage if i remember.

Anyway .... that is all in the past !! :D

thecorner
29/05/2005, 11:35 PM
were 15 points off the top at one stage if i remember.

was that when we didnt play a league game for nearly 2 months ;)

A face
29/05/2005, 11:59 PM
was that when we didnt play a league game for nearly 2 months ;)

From what i recall no .... was it just after the euro run ... we were brutal for a good while and people were calling for Dolans head ....... i think the same people go his head but they are still not happy ... funny that !! :rolleyes: :confused: