PDA

View Full Version : Latest Score

JC_GUFC
27/05/2005, 8:06 PM
United 0 Kilkenny 1 :mad:

Utd Till I Die
28/05/2005, 11:09 AM
Vinny , im sure your a great fan, i dont know you but i have to say that ur post is the biggest load of grap i've heard in a long time. you didn't bother to go up last night, that straight away takes away ur right to b***h about the team. I was there last night and so was the board so i dont know where ur gettin that stupid comment out of.How whats happened to us this season is the boards problem i dont know. our club is prob the best run in the country so the quicker you get somethin else to b***h about the better, maybe the players for example who shouldn't be gettin a wage for their performances this year. A bit of pride in their jerseys wouldnt go astray. and vinny , how did you work out that its different if u should be at the top of the league, this is the bad times now , the worst times, so you should definitly be going to the games now.

De Town
28/05/2005, 11:21 AM
Bring Back Lavine
Ye can have him!

Rory H
28/05/2005, 11:27 AM
unlucky lads.....pat scully is a powerhorse!

see you friday

powerhorse is a word

JC_GUFC
28/05/2005, 1:11 PM
In fairness to Vinny I'd have probably had second thoughts about going to the game - United being involved in a bottom-of-the-First-Division clash is hardly mouth watering stuff - in fact it's embarassing.

Losing is unacceptable.

You say that we are probably the best run club in the country but as I keep saying the board never issue any statements regarding future plans for promotion.

When Drogheda United were in a similar position a few years back (they finished a point ahead of St. Francis in 2001) their board said that they were clearing all debts so that they could achieve promotion and then become full-time - now they are currently the form team in the Premier and lie in 3rd just a point off the top. Without any sort of similar statement from the United board some sceptics may take the view that we're a well-run club in order to finance the 4 full-time positions at board level.

Conor H
28/05/2005, 3:53 PM
I agree with utd till i die.Vinny i know your a loyal fan but u should have went up there last night you have to stick by the team through the bad times and it's most definitely the bad teams were going through.it's a f*****n disgrace the team and manager don't know what there doing and a lot of the players have little pride in the jersey.However blaming it on the board is stupid our club is run well in fairness and they can't teach the players how to kick a ball.were ****e and going nowhere fast .Things have to change! :mad:

Eire06
28/05/2005, 7:02 PM
We were a mess last night the midfield really needs sortin... The whole team and management need sortin at that... Worst performance I have ever seen.. The players look like they don't want to be there and just couldn't be bothered.. I've seen much better performances from sunday league teams at least they play their hearts out every match put everything into it...
We have hit rock bottom now.. we can only get better! I hope
:mad:
I feel your frustration Vinny.. Was sitting there last night in the Feezin cold rain asking why the hell am I wasting my time and money to come cheer them on when they play like that!! They have so much more in them, I've seen them play much better.. It is very disheartening.. The worst was trying to explain to 2 8yr olds why they sould carry on supporting them.. :o
But I know as much as I complain I'll still be there cheering them on at every oppertunity I have...

That was ment to be the 'easy' match last night!! :confused: Didn't happen.. And our next two matches won't be any walk in the park with Sligo away and Cork in the cup!! I think we should all start praying for a miricle :rolleyes:

Terry
30/05/2005, 7:30 AM
Thats was all well and good JC for drogheda, but when I questioned a member of the board about players going full-time he said there was no plans for any players going full-time in the forseeable future! :(

I was at the match Friday night, and the one thing I recognised was that everytime GUFC lets a goal in, Lally sits down in the bench and he isn't seen again!!! Why? Come on Lal, you can't depend on those bloody useless coaches (Noone and co.) to achieve anything!! :mad:

Eire06
30/05/2005, 7:41 AM
I was at the match Friday night, and the one thing I recognised was that everytime GUFC lets a goal in, Lally sits down in the bench and he isn't seen again!!! Why? Come on Lal, you can't depend on those bloody useless coaches (Noone and co.) to achieve anything!! :mad:
Ya noticed that alright Pat Scully put him to shame, He was a bit over the top at times bit it worked didn't it!! :rolleyes:
Galway bench was silent for most of the match and Scully didn't shut up for all of the match, encouraging his team.. giving orders ect!!

Think Lally needs to look hard at what he is doing with the team because it isn't working :mad: