PDA

View Full Version : Australian Woman Gets 20 years on Bali Drug Charge

jofyisgod
27/05/2005, 6:33 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4585295.stm

:( Pretty shocking stuff. The evidence was very weak, and after following the case for a while, there was no way she could have done it IMO. I'm just pretty disgusted with this 'show 'em off' approach to the case. She seems to me like a scapegoat that the Govt there are determined to make an example of.

Any thoughts?

paul_oshea
27/05/2005, 6:35 PM
looking at it she will get off. if they send her back to prison in aus, im sure the aussies wont keep her locked up for long.

superfrank
27/05/2005, 8:39 PM
It looks pretty bad. She says it was "planted" on her but in all fairness does she really think the person that did it is going to go to the police and say: "Oh, by the way that was my hash and I was the one that put it in her bag." Espacially if they know there's at least 20 years in prison at the end of it and probably more if it's true they framed her.

It doesn't look good....

CollegeTillIDie
28/05/2005, 9:06 AM
If she is telling the truth she was obviously hanging around with the wrong sort of people. I mean it is not rocket science to know that drugs are a no no in many SE Asian countries and some even have the death penalty for trafficking. How fecking stupid can people be? :rolleyes:

ccfcgirl
28/05/2005, 9:34 AM
First time hearing about this case ,20 years is a harsh penalty in those ruff prisons.I personally would rather die than 20 years of hell.Good to hear the aussys are boycotting Bali.

Poor Student
28/05/2005, 9:59 AM
Shades of 'Midnight Express' to that story. Australia did help out Indonesia during the aftermath of the tsunami and gave them big aid. Perhaps the Aussie government could swing for her to serve it at home, especially if Aussie tourists start to avoid Bali like the plague.