PDA

View Full Version : sligo rovers vrs finn harps-predictions

Rory H
27/05/2005, 1:43 PM
well well,here we are

we are a good 1st division team....they were a better 1st division team but a crappy prem team[thats why they are second bottom....well bottom really]

it will be a tough tough test...but its a exciting test and an enjoyable one....theres pressure on them...they are struggling[crap] and need to kickstart their season.....we are high on confidence after last night and if we lose it wont be a disaster

i wonder,like others ,whether connor will give some squad players a game.....the likes of alvarez tosh curran rouse o dwyer etc.....id like to see john bellew play 20 mins vrs malahide too but thats a different matter...those players ive mentioned might play a role in the next 2 weeks

it will be tough...it will be tight....it will be a great game i think and hopefully a cracking atmosphere.........do us proud lads.

prediction.....2-1 rovers after extra time

Rory H
27/05/2005, 1:58 PM
who are ye playing.....

nephin
27/05/2005, 2:06 PM
It will also be interesting to see what team Finn Harps play.
I think their priority is staying up in the prem. league, so they may field a few other squad members rather than some of the first team.
Should be a good game and I think Rovers will nick it 2-1.

Rory H
27/05/2005, 2:08 PM
It will also be interesting to see what team Finn Harps play.
I think their priority is staying up in the prem. league, so they may field a few other squad members rather than some of the first team.
Should be a good game and I think Rovers will nick it 2-1.

i see a pattern developing here!

they better not sit in our stand.... i hate when other fans do that....we are rivals!the blue seated stand is there for a reason.....unless the shed is open....then it wont bother me!

garykelly
27/05/2005, 2:29 PM
i'm saying rovers to win 2-1. expect rovers to field a second string side as the game against galway should be priority. i'd expect the likes of gary curran, gorman, foley, carr, tosh(if recovered), o'donnell (to gain fitness), kulsten, mccartney, o'dwyer, alvarez and maybe chris kelly and emlyn mulligan to feature in the squad.

It should be a good game and hopefully a good crowd will turn out. The league cup is probably more important to finn harps than rovers. will be interesting to see if capper will be playing for them. a good signing i reckon.

joeSoap
27/05/2005, 2:39 PM
i'm saying rovers to win 2-1. expect rovers to field a second string side as the game against galway should be priority. i'd expect the likes of gary curran, gorman, foley, carr, tosh(if recovered), o'donnell (to gain fitness), kulsten, mccartney, o'dwyer, alvarez and maybe chris kelly and emlyn mulligan to feature in the squad.

It should be a good game and hopefully a good crowd will turn out. The league cup is probably more important to finn harps than rovers. will be interesting to see if capper will be playing for them. a good signing i reckon.
Jeez..you'd think ye're a massive club, still in the throes of a european campaign or something......harps to do ye 1-0. :D :D

garykelly
27/05/2005, 3:45 PM
Jeez..you'd think ye're a massive club, still in the throes of a european campaign or something......harps to do ye 1-0. :D :D

where did you see me saying ? well if that's what you think ..that we are massive then fair enough :D I better clarify before the rest of the forum re-ignites 'sligo rovers have a big club complex'. My point is that rovers want promotion and a run in the league cup would be a bonus not a neccessity. If we fielded a full strength team and got say 2 or 3 players injured. then we'd be weaker for the galway game. It'll be a good game, hopefully we'll win. finn harps need to win it to distract from relegation worries.

And in my opinion we will be playing in europe long before Finn harps ever will !!

1 9 2 8
27/05/2005, 3:47 PM
2-0 Rovers :cool:

roversforever
27/05/2005, 9:03 PM
would love to see curran playing from the start.think he's a fantastic player.

shedhead
28/05/2005, 4:33 PM
lads it will be a very tough game against haprs. If they start McHugh and Breen i dont think we will win,very good players,the like of which we havent come up against this year so far.

sligoman
28/05/2005, 5:40 PM
I predict a very tight, close game but I think we can just clinch it 2-1 ;)

Rory H
30/05/2005, 1:25 PM
he wont get booed tomorrow but

on tv3 last year i saw when he scored a goal he kissed the harps crest and said it had been a long haul but they finally reached it.....sickened me that....he wont get booed as i said but i hope he never wears our jersey again....

shedhead
30/05/2005, 2:47 PM
i dont mind him playin for harps as he was going no where fast with Rovers under Don and wanted a pay packet at the end of the week. But kissing the crest,if thats true, he a fcukin Judas, wouldnt believe it unless i saw it always thought he was a true red, comin from Rovers heartland and always given 110% when he was playin for us.

Terry
30/05/2005, 3:23 PM
If its a draw after 90minutes, does it go to a replay or extra time and penalties?

1 9 2 8
30/05/2005, 5:52 PM
I heard we are putting out a weakened team for the game Seán doesn’t want any injuries for the Galway game Friday

garykelly
31/05/2005, 8:42 AM
I heard we are putting out a weakened team for the game Seán doesn’t want any injuries for the Galway game Friday

Makes sense to do that. More important to beat galway. This game should attract a decent enough crowd, but it's not a money spinner or anything like that. 40 % of the gate will go to finn harps.

Hope we win it, even with a weakened team and that alot of people turn out to watch it. Finn Harps will field a full strength team I'd say.

roversforever
31/05/2005, 12:25 PM
gary curran is starting.great news!!

Redzer
31/05/2005, 12:34 PM
i agree fully, it would be great to push Harps all the way, but Friday night is much more important to this club. A defeat tonight is not as bad as a defeat to Galway would be. But I'm optimistic, i think we'll get a extra time winner. 2-1 to rovers :)
Its a very good oppurtunity to try some of the fringe players. As the season goes on they will be called on due to injuries/bans etc, so a run out tonight will give Sean an chance to see how they fit into the squad.
Lets hope for a good crowd and a good game. Its a chance to get the 5-1 defeat last time out of our system. :mad:

harpskid
31/05/2005, 12:37 PM
Makes sense to do that. More important to beat galway. This game should attract a decent enough crowd, but it's not a money spinner or anything like that. 40 % of the gate will go to finn harps.

Hope we win it, even with a weakened team and that alot of people turn out to watch it. Finn Harps will field a full strength team I'd say.

We won't field a full strength side either. This competition is just viewed by most teams as a distraction to their other objectives,

Doubt if Ian Rossiter will play tonight.

Despite the fact that it's 'only' the league cup, still hope we have a good crowd down

Da Real Rover
31/05/2005, 3:10 PM
It certainly wont be like the hammerings we got off them last season cause this year Sean has our defence rock solid, it will be tight with the winner getting a goal in extra time.