PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful

Daithi O
17/06/2001, 6:28 AM
Once again Laim Murphy has showen just how little he knows about talent and considering what he has available to him, he has no excuse.

Now you can't fault Pat Morley for the unfortunate miss at the pelenty spot as it has happened to the best of them but I can't help but feel total furstration at Murphy for the lack of vision in seeing that the talent he has available to him and ONCE AGAIN making like he knows what he is doing while being a graceful loser. Surely enough is enough at this point. It kills me to see players like Jimmy Mullers and Tony Tynan left on the bench for so long if they are even brought out at all and leaving the likes of old man Patsy Freyne (don't get me wrong, Patsy has done some great things for City in the past but...) on the pitch to simply get in the way of any Metalurg player tired enough to be at Patsy's level....why oh why do we not urse the likes of Tynan, the guy is the best player on the roster and Laim just can't see it or is mad at Tynan about something because I refuse to believe that Murphy can't see it when every person who ever saw Tony Tynan plan knows the talent he has...Laim, get your head out of your A** and do whats best for the team and not whats best for your ego..please.

I apoligize if I come across as a little fustrated about the whole thing but once again Laim and Patsy proved me right.

rebel yell
17/06/2001, 4:04 PM
At least u care! It's definitely time some new blood came through.
In a city the size of Cork there has got to be more than one Roy
Keane and City should be finding him. Gunther has the summer
to make it his team so he should clear out the deadwood ASAP.
But to be fair, we shouldn't judge him on one result.

Neil
18/06/2001, 12:13 AM
Well said Daithi. I've been on the Murphy OUT brigade since he first got the job! And that is the main reason why...

O'Riordan IN!

Éanna
18/06/2001, 1:54 AM
I'm glad to know I'm not alone! I never wanted Murphy to ge the job, and I believe had we stuck with mountfield, we would be much better set for the future. He wanted rid of the dead wood, and that's why they got rid of him. O'Riordan or Roddy Collins??!! Anyway, we all know it ain't gonna happen, our new chairman has said he wants an all-local team; just when you thought parochial Ireland was a thing of the past.....................

pete
18/06/2001, 10:25 AM
Seems to be big similarities in the reasons for both those guys loosing their jobs.

They wanted more money to spend on players & make their clubs more professional.

Although Roddy did win the double whereas Mountfield could barely win a game :(

joe
18/06/2001, 5:40 PM
I can't understand why people keep lauding Tony Tynan as the answer to all our prayers. He made a couple of impressive appearances as substitute in the middle of last season, but the guy doesn't seem to be aware of the the other 10 City players around him and he is a bit light weight. Having said that he probably would have done a job for us on Saturday night.

James
18/06/2001, 5:46 PM
managed to argue both a good case for bringing on tyan while at the same time saying he wasnt up for it

Joe for manager:D :D :D

youd have spillane and the press boys totally confused

joe
18/06/2001, 5:53 PM
this fence is actually quite comfortable :D

Éanna
18/06/2001, 6:52 PM
I said at the start giving Murphy the job was a bad idea, then he signed hartigan............ I'm now even surer now that it was a desperate decision. Don O'Riordan for City!:D