PDA

View Full Version : UEFA have no backbone !!

Pages : [1] 2

A face
26/05/2005, 8:02 PM
Liverpool finished 37 points behind the champions in 5th place and they now want another champions league spot .... what the fúck is going on ????

They are champion this year ... fair play ... blah blah ... etc. 2005

They dont deserve to be in there 2006 .... end of, no discussion ..... how can they seriously expect this in fairness !!

Poor Student
26/05/2005, 8:28 PM
Why do UEFA have no backbone?

Risteard
26/05/2005, 10:18 PM
I don't get his point either but maybe he's thinking of that Uefa guy (Gaillard??) who recommend that they protest in writing.
That'd obviously show that they don't even respect their own rules.
Also a bit cheeky of them after allowing the Spanish FA set the precedent.

drinkfeckarse
27/05/2005, 8:24 AM
Regardless of who won it or what position they've finished in their respective league, I think any team that wins the trophy should have the right to defend it. Even if they put them into the qualifiers.

beautifulrock
27/05/2005, 8:54 AM
Nothing to do with backbone, UEFA is posturing at the moment. Money talks, specifically TV money. Liverpool were always a big TV draw and the fact they are now the champions will only increase this appeal.

Already a done deal, Liverpool will defend the cup.

anto1208
27/05/2005, 9:01 AM
the days of the holders getting back in are over i cant think of any comp that still allows this , these are the rules every one knew this at the start of the season , liverpool were never expected to win this its not some thing any one thought of , its a complete freak that they did .

hopefully they are left back in coz a year off will allow beneathus to create a fantastic premeirship side , but i think utd and arsnil are coming to the end of there run , chelsea because of there money will allways be near the top for a good few seasons , but its about time the mersyside teams were back where they belong

gustavo
27/05/2005, 9:13 AM
in fairness to arsenal they have the nucleus of a very good team for the next 10 years cole , toure , senderos , fabregas , reyes , van persie so i dont thnk that they are coming to the end of their cycle just yet!

anto1208
27/05/2005, 9:36 AM
cole is going to chelsea and reyes to madrid , reyes is a done deal allready .

gustavo
27/05/2005, 9:40 AM
ok anto well i bow down to your knowledge of all these done deals then!

Hither green
27/05/2005, 2:24 PM
the days of the holders getting back in are over i cant think of any comp that still allows this , these are the rules every one knew this at the start of the season , liverpool were never expected to win this its not some thing any one thought of , its a complete freak that they did .

I don't think the days of the holders getting back in are over, or at least shouldn't be. It was still in the rules last year, and was referred to in the UEFA rules this year. Sounds like some @rse at the English FA forgot to include it this year though. Probably thought it unlikely and were trying to save paper.

I wonder whether a team has qualified for the CL before with a negative goal difference.

mypost
28/05/2005, 4:22 AM
Liverpool finished 37 points behind the champions in 5th place and they now want another champions league spot .... what the fúck is going on ????

They are champion this year. They dont deserve to be in there 2006.

You forgot to mention that we beat Arsenal, Chelsea, and Everton this season, were the English team that lasted longest in Europe, had a new coach who inherited a poor squad, had an incredible amount of injuries, had to prepare for a league game with 13 players unavailable and still won it, and who is European Champion. We finished 37 points behind the league champions, but the runners-up finished almost 20 points behind them. I think that puts the gap in perspective.

So we don't deserve to be in the CL next season? Are you seriously trying to convince people, that a team who finishes in a (very fortunate) 4th position, gives a team more right to compete in the CL, than someone who actually WINS the competition. Because of that, we have as much right to be in the CL next season as those who happened to finish above us. We will be there, because we have earned the right to participate, by winning the competition this year. Can you just imagine the team who wins the CL in 2006, whose title was tarnished because the holders were banned from defending their title. Face it, it ain't going to happen! Those who believe that Liverpool won't play in next season's CL, are living in a dreamworld.

dancinpants
28/05/2005, 5:11 AM
You forgot to mention that we beat Arsenal, Chelsea, and Everton this season, were the English team that lasted longest in Europe, had a new coach who inherited a poor squad, had an incredible amount of injuries, had to prepare for A:a league game with 13 players unavailable and still won it, and who is European Champion. We finished 37 points behind the league champions, B: but the runners-up finished almost 20 points behind them. I think that puts the gap in perspective.

So we don't deserve to be in the CL next season? Are you seriously trying to convince people, that C:a team who finishes in a (very fortunate) 4th position, gives a team more right to compete in the CL, than someone who actually WINS the competition. Because of that, we have as much right to be in the CL next season as those who happened to finish above us. We will be there, because we have earned the right to participate, by winning the competition this year.D: Can you just imagine the team who wins the CL in 2006, whose title was tarnished because the holders were banned from defending their title. Face it, it ain't going to happen! Those who believe that Liverpool won't play in next season's CL, E:are living in a dreamworld.

A: Woooweeee - break out the Blue Peter badges!!!. You'd think by you every other team has a clean bill of health all season.
B: I think you'll find it was 12 points. Also, speaking of "gaps" Liverpool were a mere 6 points off 9th place.
C: A Liverpool fan (who I thought was a Rovers fan for some reason) has the nerve to call Everton "fortunate"
D: I don't think they'd be too worried, its not like youse willl reach the final next year too - yer really gettin' carried away now boss!!!
E: Whats wrong with living in a dreamworld? You, as a Liverpool supporter, of all people should realise that even the most REDICULOUSLY wild, crazy and idiotic dreams in the world come true - who'd have thought Liverpool would win the Champions League.... :rolleyes: . Personally i'm thinkin' of whackin a few hundred bucks on Rangers to win it next year. And why not? If the "Mighty Pool" can do it...who can't?

I personally don't give a tw@t about who wins the Champions League, I will when an Eircom League representative gets a crack at the group stage. But I have to admit, i'm sick of listening to POOL supporters already - its only been two fookin days!!!. Ah well normal service shall resume next August when you're struggling to contain the mighty Wigan Athletic... ;)

Oh, and I just confirmed with myself that you do indeed claim to be a Shamrock Rovers fan. So answer me this - whats with all this "WE beat" this and "WE finished" that ballax at the start of yer post? Make yer mind up will ye!!!

mypost
28/05/2005, 5:41 AM
A: A Liverpool fan (who I thought was a Rovers fan for some reason)
B: Whats wrong with living in a dreamworld? You, as a Liverpool supporter, of all people should realise that even the most REDICULOUSLY wild, crazy and idiotic dreams in the world come true - who'd have thought Liverpool would win the Champions League.... :rolleyes:

C:i'm sick of listening to POOL supporters already - its only been two fookin days!!!

A: A fan of both clubs actually. Like many fans of NL clubs, I support a team who play in England as well. And your problem with that is? :confused:

B: Irrelevant to my previous post! :mad:

C: We, (Liverpool) are going to be crowing about winning the CL for years to come. Two days?? -you ain't heard nothing yet!! :)

CollegeTillIDie
28/05/2005, 8:39 AM
A fan of Welsh League Winners Total Network Solutions ( incorporating Llantsanffraid) has proposed the following to solve UEFA's dilemma following Liverpool's unexpected Champions League victory.
His proposal is as follows: TNS V Liverpool at the Millenium Stadium as a one off pre Qualification Round tie, winner gets a place in the First Qualification Round.

I happen to believe this is an honourable solution and will make TNS a fortune. Not to mention giving them an easy passage into the First Qualification Round :D

Thunderblaster
28/05/2005, 12:58 PM
How about a two legged affair between Liverpool and Everton and the winners to advance to the group stages, Liverpool of course!! :D :D

jofyisgod
28/05/2005, 5:23 PM
these are the rules every one knew this at the start of the season

Dead on, end of discussion IMO. If they ain't good enough to finsih in the top 4 of a fairly weak PL, why do they even deserve to get in. They got in last year and won. Fair enough. That shouldn't affect their entry this year.

razor
30/05/2005, 7:47 AM
from BBC Sport
Uefa president Lennart Johansson has given Liverpool's hopes of defending their Champions League title a boost.
The Swede said that football's European ruling body must make a decision as a "matter of a real urgency".

"The winner should have a chance to defend the title," Johansson told the Sunday Times.

"We must sit down to see if there is a way to make it happen. If there is a rule that harms the tournament, we have to discuss changing the rule."

Following Liverpool's sensational victory over AC Milan in Istanbul, a decision was set to be made when Uefa's executive committee meet in Manchester on 17 June. However, there is growing sympathy for the Merseyside club's plight and Johansson added that he wanted the matter resolved within the next 10 days.

Uefa chief executive Lars-Christer Olsson confirmed that talks may take place ahead of next month's meeting.

He said: "We will arrange a telephone conference because the urgency of the situation is too important to wait until we could get the full committee together."

noby
30/05/2005, 8:10 AM
A couple of points here:

As the rule stands, if Shels won the CL (I know, I know, bear with me), but don't win the league, then next year Shels as holders, and the eL winners would both be in the competition. So the flexibility of another name in the hat is already there. But the rule states that a maximum of 4 per league is allowed.
Now, if you ask me, having a fifth place team in the CHAMPIONS league is just as ridiculous as having a fourth place team. So I don't see a problem with it.

Secondly, and far more importantly, we're talking about a bit of a joke of a competition here. It's all about extra games for 'bigger' clubs, money marketing, tv deals, sponsorship etc.
The marketing power of the competition will drop if the holders aren't there. And when the holders are part of G14, whose threatened break-away led to the forming of the competition, then Liverpool will defend their title next year, but it'll have very little to do with footballing reasons

Karlos
30/05/2005, 8:52 AM
cole is going to chelsea and reyes to madrid , reyes is a done deal allready .

If both of these deals happen this summer I'll banish myself from foot.ie and never return!

The chances of Arsenal doing business with Chelski are slim and none, not to mention Cole having 2 years left to run on his existing contract. If he goes this summer it will NOT be to Chelsea, that I am certain of.

Reyes has 4 years remaining on his contract and Arsenal chairman, David Dein confirmed only on Saturday in a live interview on Sky that Jose Reyes is not for sale at any price and anyways he doesn't want to leave! :)

What's your inside source on these transfer coups?

anto1208
30/05/2005, 12:38 PM
If both of these deals happen this summer I'll banish myself from foot.ie and never return!

The chances of Arsenal doing business with Chelski are slim and none, not to mention Cole having 2 years left to run on his existing contract. If he goes this summer it will NOT be to Chelsea, that I am certain of.

Reyes has 4 years remaining on his contract and Arsenal chairman, David Dein confirmed only on Saturday in a live interview on Sky that Jose Reyes is not for sale at any price and anyways he doesn't want to leave! :)

What's your inside source on these transfer coups?

no inside scoop just reyes said in an interveiw he does nt like playing in england and will move back to spain in the summer , then real said they will buy him .
and cole met jose and peter kenyon to discuss his transfer to chelsea , if he does go it will be to chelsea why else would he leave ,

stojkovic
30/05/2005, 12:43 PM
Lads,

When, not if, UEFA allow Liverpool to defend theitr title, they will not be playing in the qualifiers. They will be seeded as Number One team for England.

This means that Arsenal will have to play a qualifier.

Its in the rules, and as UEFA say "rules are rules".

Money talks as every ManUre fan should know.

Everton should not be dumped out, IMO.

anto1208
30/05/2005, 12:50 PM
Lads,

When, not if, UEFA allow Liverpool to defend theitr title, they will not be playing in the qualifiers. They will be seeded as Number One team for England.

Its in the rules, and as UEFA say "rules are rules".

Money talks as every ManUre fan should know.

Everton should not be dumped out, IMO.

i reckon because utd have so much debt that they should nt be aloud compete ( there is a rule about that too) give there place to liverpool then all football fans will be happy ,

pineapple stu
30/05/2005, 12:55 PM
It's in the rules, and as UEFA say "rules are rules".
It's also in the rules that only four teams from one country can compete.

It's also in the rules (of the FA) that, in the event of the CL winner finishing outside the top four, the fourth placed-team gets the CL spot, not the CL winner.

They're silly rules, granted, but they're the rules. Or are you only picking the rules which suit your argument? ;)

Karlos
30/05/2005, 1:00 PM
Lads,

Would be very surprised if this was the case. Only listened to a audio interview with Wenger yesterday discussing that because Arsenal have been guaranteed automatic qualification by UEFA, they can start their pre-season training at the normal time of July 1st and that the players have been informed of this. With the UEFA meeting not until Mid June - it would mean Arsenal players having to report back that week, which isn't going to happen.

David Dein or Wenger have given no indication in any recent interviews that this was even a 'possible' scenario.

Hats off to you if your right but I doubt it very much. :)

Karlos
30/05/2005, 1:08 PM
no inside scoop just reyes said in an interveiw he does nt like playing in england and will move back to spain in the summer , then real said they will buy him .
and cole met jose and peter kenyon to discuss his transfer to chelsea , if he does go it will be to chelsea why else would he leave ,

Arsenal have refused to do business with Chelski long before the Cole affair and stretching back to Ken Bates and Peter Hill Wood. I would be very surprised to see Arsenal suddenly starting to do business with Chelsea now after they are found quilty of an illegal approach to a under contract player. Cole is not faultless in this but will not be allowed leave for Chelsea this summer - Real, Barca maybe, Chelski no. Chelsea have reporting tied up Del Horno or Kaladze as a replacement anyway.

Don't belive Jose Reyes will leave - he's said on at least 3 occasions since the incident you describe that he is happy at Arsenal and I heard Mr. Dein with my own ears that he talked to the player and he's not for sale. In this instance however, I could see a astronomical bid from Madrid may be accepted - but will they pay the 23 million to buy out the contract or give up cash plus a player- i doubt it personally.

stojkovic
30/05/2005, 1:52 PM
It's also in the rules that only four teams from one country can compete.

It's also in the rules (of the FA) that, in the event of the CL winner finishing outside the top four, the fourth placed-team gets the CL spot, not the CL winner.

They're silly rules, granted, but they're the rules. Or are you only picking the rules which suit your argument? ;)
Yes, I should have inserted a wink.
Bottom line is that rules are there to be changed and evolved over the years and they will change them.

The sponsors will dictate.

Bald Student
30/05/2005, 3:03 PM
Liverpool should, and did, have the oppertunity to defend their title. They have failed in that defence by finishing fifth in the english league.

Giving a team a second chance is unfair on everyone else who only got one chance.

anto1208
30/05/2005, 3:20 PM
Liverpool should, and did, have the oppertunity to defend their title. They have failed in that defence by finishing fifth in the english league.

Giving a team a second chance is unfair on everyone else who only got one chance.

spot on ! they poxed the champs league any one who argue's other wise does nt have a clue ,

if they are nt good enough to finish in the top 4 then they should nt be in it .

stojkovic
30/05/2005, 3:24 PM
spot on ! they poxed the champs league any one who argue's other wise does nt have a clue ,

You are correct. They got lucky in FIFTEEN matches the jammy b@stards.

jimbob117
31/05/2005, 12:21 AM
spot on ! they poxed the champs league.

What a load of utter tripe.I dont know anto, but i think its you that doesnt have a clue

Bald Student
31/05/2005, 11:17 AM
they poxed the champs league any one who argue's other wise does nt have a clueI obviously don't have a clue so.

They won the CL fair and square. They finished fifth in england fair and square.

Roo69
31/05/2005, 11:30 AM
my 2 cent worth..........

Before the start of the season Liverpool knew what the rules were - Winning the champions league would not get them automatically back into next season, they had to finish 4th or better. These are the rules, simple as that. Brazil won the last world cup - they have to qualifiy for Germany. Why should the rules be changed for one club ?

How many games did they loose in the premiership ? 13,14,15 or something ? one that form they would barely deserve a place in the UEFA cup.

They won the Champions League this season, but they were very very lucky several times during the comp, people might say you make you own luck, and that you need it to win stuff, but they just about scrapped throu the groups stages with a winner in the last few minutes, were 2nd best to a poor Juve side over the full 2 legs, Chelsea were robbed ! it was never a goal, and as for the 2nd half preformance from A.C, the less said about that the better.

stojkovic
31/05/2005, 11:46 AM
They won the Champions League this season, but they were very very lucky several times during the comp, people might say you make you own luck, and that you need it to win stuff, but they just about scrapped throu the groups stages with a winner in the last few minutes, were 2nd best to a poor Juve side over the full 2 legs, Chelsea were robbed ! it was never a goal, and as for the 2nd half preformance from A.C, the less said about that the better.
:) :) :)
Good jaysus - Bayern robbed in 99, we can all go down that road.
Count them 1 2 3 4 5 European Cups.
And lucky every time.
Yes Chelsea were robbed with their TWO shots on target in 180 minutes.
Poor Juve side, get a grip.
The fact you refer to Milan as 'A.C.' says it all really. Thats the same as referring to Liverpool as 'F.C.'.

Its free in to Anfield see the cup, £5 for Mancs.

The Home of European Football :)

Roo69
31/05/2005, 12:08 PM
:) :) :)
Good jaysus - Bayern robbed in 99, we can all go down that road.
Count them 1 2 3 4 5 European Cups.
And lucky every time.
Yes Chelsea were robbed with their TWO shots on target in 180 minutes.
Poor Juve side, get a grip.
The fact you refer to Milan as 'A.C.' says it all really. Thats the same as referring to Liverpool as 'F.C.'.

Its free in to Anfield see the cup, £5 for Mancs.

The Home of European Football :)

Ha Ha Ha, always on the defensive ! i can admit that united were very lucky in 99, but the difference is that united were the best team in the comp that year, they also played the best football.

Liverpools "goal" was just crazy, thats not even lucky actually, it's embarresing.

That Juve side is one of the worst in years.

I have always called A.C - A.C, as in A.C Milan. As do a hell of a lot of other people.

I noticed that you didnt answer my point about F.C, oh i mean Liverpool loosing 15 or so games during the season, hence not deserving to b in next seasons champs league or do think they should make up special rules for F.C

P.S. - I actually wanted them to win it !

anto1208
31/05/2005, 12:22 PM
What a load of utter tripe.I dont know anto, but i think its you that doesnt have a clue

are you trying to tell me they were nt lucky to win that cup ??

what about them being lucky when juve did nt get a defo penalty and had a perfectly good goal disaloud or hit the post .... sounds pretty poxy to me

or when they did nt score against chelsea but still went throught again lucky

or in the final when the keeper saved from a point blank shot again lucky ...

no one is going to try to say liverpool played any of those teams off the pitch and deserved there win ... they got lucky

anto1208
31/05/2005, 12:24 PM
I obviously don't have a clue so.

They won the CL fair and square. They finished fifth in england fair and square.

so its fair and square they dont get to defend it next year there the rules , finish out side the top 4 you dont get into the champs league !!

stojkovic
31/05/2005, 12:34 PM
Ha Ha Ha, always on the defensive ! i can admit that united were very lucky in 99, but the difference is that united were the best team in the comp that year, they also played the best football.

Liverpools "goal" was just crazy, thats not even lucky actually, it's embarresing.

That Juve side is one of the worst in years.

I have always called A.C - A.C, as in A.C Milan. As do a hell of a lot of other people.

I noticed that you didnt answer my point about F.C, oh i mean Liverpool loosing 15 or so games during the season, hence not deserving to b in next seasons champs league or do think they should make up special rules for F.C

P.S. - I actually wanted them to win it !I call them Meelan. AC stands for Associonio Calcio (sp).
Sorry I didnt evade your point about Liverpool losing 15 or so league games. I agree that Liverpool should NOT be allowed in at the expense of Everton, who deserve their place on achieving fourth.

They should be allowed in as holders.
If they arent, it doesnt bother me but it will devalue it next year. No matter what anyone says, every time a match is on the commentators will remind us.

stojkovic
31/05/2005, 12:40 PM

what about them being lucky when juve did nt get a defo penalty and had a perfectly good goal disaloud or hit the post .... sounds pretty poxy to me

no one is going to try to say liverpool played any of those teams off the pitch and deserved there win ... they got lucky
Anto, in fairness, you are nitpicking here.
Every match thats ever been played has 'moments' - a great save, a missed chance, a denied peno - its what the game is all about.

Ok Liverpool didnt score against Chelsea but the point you miss is that Chelsea DIDNT SCORE either.

Dudeks save IS one of those things that defies belief. But it happens.

Talk of luck. Nobody has mentioned the bad luck Liverpool had all season with injuries - Cisse, Alonso, Kewell and Smicer all long term. Baros, Hamann, Finnan and Gerard all had intermittant injuries. Only Carragher I think remained injury free. With half of them fit for vital games LIverpool would have not lost as many games as they did.

anto1208
31/05/2005, 12:50 PM
Every match thats ever been played has 'moments' - a great save, a missed chance, a denied peno - its what the game is all about.

Ok Liverpool didnt score against Chelsea but the point you miss is that Chelsea DIDNT SCORE either.

Talk of luck. Nobody has mentioned the bad luck Liverpool had all season with injuries - Cisse, Alonso, Kewell and Smicer all long term. Baros, Hamann, Finnan and Gerard all had intermittant injuries. Only Carragher I think remained injury free. With half of them fit for vital games LIverpool would have not lost as many games as they did.

all im saying is they were lucky which some where trying to dispute ,

rules are finish in the top 4 to qualify , winners do not get automatic qualification .its been the same for every other team taking part ,

the team that got kicked out when madrid won it , i think it was zaragosa could sue uefa for not creating a 5th spot then , it cost them a fortune and nearly ruined the club .

stojkovic
31/05/2005, 12:57 PM
all im saying is they were lucky which some where trying to dispute ,

rules are finish in the top 4 to qualify , winners do not get automatic qualification .its been the same for every other team taking part ,

the team that got kicked out when madrid won it , i think it was zaragosa could sue uefa for not creating a 5th spot then , it cost them a fortune and nearly ruined the club .
Thats two separate issues though - being lucky and not finishing fourth.
They are deserved winners of the cup over fifteen games. FACT.
They havent qualified for next year. FACT.

anto1208
31/05/2005, 1:02 PM
Thats two separate issues though - being lucky and not finishing fourth.
They are deserved winners of the cup over fifteen games. FACT.
They havent qualified for next year. FACT.

lucky

have nt qualified

simple im done with this one !!

stojkovic
31/05/2005, 1:05 PM
lucky

have nt qualified

simple im done with this one !!
Thank fcuk for that.
I will go now and polish the five European Cups.

Roo69
31/05/2005, 1:26 PM

And that was a bad thing ?

KK77
31/05/2005, 3:52 PM
my 2 cent worth..........

Before the start of the season Liverpool knew what the rules were - Winning the champions league would not get them automatically back into next season, they had to finish 4th or better. These are the rules, simple as that. Brazil won the last world cup - they have to qualifiy for Germany. Why should the rules be changed for one club ?

How many games did they loose in the premiership ? 13,14,15 or something ? one that form they would barely deserve a place in the UEFA cup.

Your a bitter bitter Manc fan surprised it took you so long to get started on it FACT we are THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE and its ours for keeps now don't care what luck we had against Chelsea sure anyway Cech would be sent off if the goal wasn't given and a peno given as well also every team needs a bit of luck to win leagues, cups etc.
We played by the same rules as every other team in the competition not our fault Milan hadn't the bottle to see out the game at 3-0 just like the bottled the league as for your opinion of the Juve games ha ha ha ha ha ha what games were you watching????? I think you actually tipped Juve to win that game now its one of their worst teams its killing you Roo69 go on admit it its killing you!!!!! You had two games to beat AC Milan with all your great players you couldn't tough luck you had your chance. What did you think of Tiagos handball in january at anfield?????
As regards getting in next season if we don't we don't still wouldn't swap it for the moment Stevie G lifted the EUROPEAN CUP FOR THE FIFTH TIME last wednesday what a moment the kebas in the bul were just lovely jubbly.
Before you reply remember 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES

Ahh sure Roo69 always look on the bright side of life there increasing the Nike Arena's capacity soon i hear!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha you bitter Manc

stojkovic
31/05/2005, 4:02 PM
Rafa you are the gaffa.
Well said mate.

PS it wont be called the Nike Arena because they are pulling out of the deal next year (there is a clause in the contract) because ManUre are sh1te.

KK77
31/05/2005, 4:07 PM
Rafa you are the gaffa.
Well said mate.

PS it wont be called the Nike Arena because they are pulling out of the deal next year (there is a clause in the contract) because ManUre are sh1te.

Opps sorry forgot Nike might be pulling out aah well thats the way it goes!!!! maybe Walmart might sponsor them!!!!!! This is our time to enjoy the glory and Roo69 and his bitter ramblings won't change the FACT we have won it 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES

Roo69
31/05/2005, 4:11 PM
Your a bitter bitter Manc fan surprised it took you so long to get started on it FACT we are THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE and its ours for keeps now don't care what luck we had against Chelsea sure anyway Cech would be sent off if the goal wasn't given and a peno given as well also every team needs a bit of luck to win leagues, cups etc.
We played by the same rules as every other team in the competition not our fault Milan hadn't the bottle to see out the game at 3-0 just like the bottled the league as for your opinion of the Juve games ha ha ha ha ha ha what games were you watching????? I think you actually tipped Juve to win that game now its one of their worst teams its killing you Roo69 go on admit it its killing you!!!!! You had two games to beat AC Milan with all your great players you couldn't tough luck you had your chance. What did you think of Tiagos handball in january at anfield?????
As regards getting in next season if we don't we don't still wouldn't swap it for the moment Stevie G lifted the EUROPEAN CUP FOR THE FIFTH TIME last wednesday what a moment the kebas in the bul were just lovely jubbly.
Before you reply remember 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES 5 TIMES

Ahh sure Roo69 always look on the bright side of life there increasing the Nike Arena's capacity soon i hear!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha you bitter Manc

I was waiting to see how long before you would bite........was'nt that long ;) so easy to rile up Rafa. Ya would swear you were from Liverpool and not Ireland.

Who ever said i was a Manc ? I'm born and bread in Bray mate, never claimed to be from another country. I support and Bray, i like Man U.

Honestly Rafa, Do you think Liverpool are a better team than United ? and that there players are better, how many pool players would get there game at United ? Honestly.........

Sure not to worry, I can enjoy watching united in the champs league next season, remember to tell us all what the uefa cup is like, hav'nt played in that for donkeys years !

FACT - Liverpool - WORST european champions EVER

anto1208
31/05/2005, 4:39 PM
Honestly Rafa, Do you think Liverpool are a better team than United ? and that there players are better, how many pool players would get there game at United ? Honestly.........

S

sure kewell v giggs !! smicer v rooney , finnan v ronaldo , gerrard v keane ....

need i go on theres only one player from liverpool that would get on the utd team and thats carra . only coz brown is absolute rubbish .

you cant judge a team on a cup comp s only over a full season in the league ,

jimbob117
31/05/2005, 9:10 PM

Every team that wins has luck, but the fact they dominated juve in the first half of 1st leg, and restricted them to 2 chances (and remember these guys just won the serie A)on their home territory shows to me they deserved it. and for that double save being lucky.... if it had of been given we'd be saying he's world class. so maybe, just maybe it was a world class save.

jimbob117
31/05/2005, 9:15 PM
sure kewell v giggs !! smicer v rooney , finnan v ronaldo , gerrard v keane ....

need i go on theres only one player from liverpool that would get on the utd team and thats carra . only coz brown is absolute rubbish .

you cant judge a team on a cup comp s only over a full season in the league ,

finnan v ronaldo?? thats aint like with like... finnan v neville..
smicer v rooney?? thats like saying biscan v saha..
o'shea v riise
hamann v kleberson, miller v alonso...
We can all pick uneven matches.. so be fair at least