PDA

View Full Version : Shelbourne v Cork this monday on Setanta Sports

Slash/ED
26/05/2005, 7:01 PM
Setanta are showing Shels v Cork this monday, kick off is 7:45 the build up starts at 7:30.

Good to see there's finally some evidence of this TV deal beyond the opening two weeks, but I'm amazed they're showing this and nobodies picking up Bohs v Shels, that's the biggest match of the season so far imo. I can't believe it's not on TV.

MariborKev
26/05/2005, 8:16 PM
Setanta are showing Shels v Cork this monday, kick off is 7:45 the build up starts at 7:30.

Bohs v Shels, that's the biggest match of the season so far imo. I can't believe it's not on TV.

One could argue that given we are nearly a third of the way through the season, Cork V Derry is the biggest match this weekend.

De Town
26/05/2005, 8:22 PM
One could argue that given we are nearly a third of the way through the season, Cork V Derry is the biggest match this weekend.
Would agree with that.

How could Bohs v Shels be "the biggest game of the season so far"? OK, there will be tension with the 3 lads going back and all that but for league placing point of view, its not really that important. Bohs aren't anywhere near being in contention.

Dodge
26/05/2005, 8:23 PM
can't see how Bohs ve Shels is the biggest game of the season so far... Bohs are muck, and worst not entertaining muck. At least there's movement on the TV front...

Poor Student
26/05/2005, 8:34 PM

Good to see there's finally some evidence of this TV deal beyond the opening two weeks, but I'm amazed they're showing this and nobodies picking up Bohs v Shels, that's the biggest match of the season so far imo. I can't believe it's not on TV.

You think Bohs v Shels is bigger than the Shels v Cork game? :confused:

De Town
26/05/2005, 8:35 PM
or Cork v Derry for that matter....

Slash/ED
26/05/2005, 8:48 PM

Yes.

Not in terms of the league, obviously Shels v Cork and Derry v Cork are bigger, but in terms of the tension of the three players going back to Dalymount and all of the rivalry between the clubs I think it is. I'm more looking forward to the friday match than the monday one, the rivalry is bigger between Bohs and Shels and it's only gotten far bigger since last season.

Poor Student
26/05/2005, 8:51 PM
Yes.

Not in terms of the league, obviously Shels v Cork and Derry v Cork are bigger, but in terms of the tension of the three players going back to Dalymount and all of the rivalry between the clubs I think it is. I'm more looking forward to the friday match than the monday one, the rivalry is bigger between Bohs and Shels and it's only gotten far bigger since last season.

From terms of a wider TV audience I don't think it is as attractive though. Bohs are not great this season.

Slash/ED
26/05/2005, 8:55 PM
From terms of a wider TV audience I don't think it is as attractive though. Bohs are not great this season.

I'm not so sure, the last few Shels Bohs matches televised have brought in great audiences and have been great matches. Bohs aren't the same team obviously but I still think that for another season at least it still would be one of the most attracrive fixtures to the TV audience.

Soper
26/05/2005, 10:25 PM
I wish I could get to see any Irish match over here...I really miss them.

EnDai
26/05/2005, 10:43 PM
Wait till Shels draw TNS in CL QR1 ;) Then maybe you'll see two!

De Town
26/05/2005, 10:44 PM
Or LTFC draw Rhyl....

dcfcsteve
26/05/2005, 10:52 PM
I wish I could get to see any Irish match over here...I really miss them.

Get an Irish Sky card in Wales. PM me and I'll tell you how.

sullanefc
26/05/2005, 10:54 PM

Liverpool could get their hands on TNS first if the TNS chairman gets his way!!

pete
27/05/2005, 9:29 AM
Setanta are probably looking to sell a few extra subscriptions in Cork as Setanta isn't bundled free as no NTL there.

I thought there had to be minimum 10 days notice before tv game. Didn't take long to break that rule.

Mondays a good night for live football as no other eL games on & i think english playoffs on during the day...

patsh
27/05/2005, 10:31 AM
Yes.

Tripe.
Cork v Derry and $hels v Cork are much bigger games this week.
Top three in the league, 3 of the 4 real contenders for the title.

The "tension" you speak of means something to Bohs supporters, probably less to $hels fans, and MEANS NOTHING TO THE WIDER TV audience that Setanta are hoping to get. All those recent "life-long" Liverpool fans might even tune in to a top of the table clash, why would they bother with $hels versus a poor side like Bohs?

Peadar
27/05/2005, 10:35 AM
A "Regional" team v a Dublin team has far more national appeal than two Dublin teams.

BohDiddley
27/05/2005, 10:49 AM
Bohs are muck
HAR HAR HAR! (http://www.1istudios.com/LaughingOutLoud.jpg)
That, coming from a Pat's fan, is the funniest thing I've read in a long while.
In fairness, if you had said that four weeks ago, you'd have been right. But this team has been improving by the week. (not suprisingly, given the complete absence of a pre-season).
I'm certainly not expecting a Bohs win tonight, but I won't be as surprised as you if we do get one.
Even Fenlon has said that this is a big one - and he should know.

btid1
27/05/2005, 12:13 PM
Thats classic.A pats fan saying Bohs are muck this season.When didn you see them?All of you that have posted on this thread apart from myself and BohDiddley have only seen Bohs once max this season so how you can say they are muck is beyond me.Yes we havent hit past highs yet but we are a rapidly improving team and if Shels have the attitude that you have here they are in for a big shock tonight!!!

Bohs Till I Die!

DIE JUDAS *******S!!!!!

Schumi
27/05/2005, 12:21 PM
I've seen Bohs twice this year and they were $hite both times. :D They seem to have improved since though going by their results.

Slash/ED
27/05/2005, 12:54 PM
The "tension" you speak of means something to Bohs supporters, probably less to $hels fans, and MEANS NOTHING TO THE WIDER TV audience that Setanta are hoping to get.

I disagree, and I can assure you that the tension of this match means just as much to the Shels fans :D

And it would mean alot to the wider TV audience as it's a big story. Glen Crowe is a name they all know from his Ireland call ups and his return to Dalymount is a big story, it's one of the most controversial transfers in recent memory. There is a rivalry between Shels and Bohs that just isn't there between Shels and Cork and that is the kind of thing that can get people interested in the game.

As well as that, it'll have a better atmosphere than mondays game because of all that and Dalymount comes across better on the TV than Tolka, I just think it'd be a better one to show. Also Bohs have improved a bit recently so this will be no walk over for us. But with all of their promises of the amount of matches they were to show they should be showing both, we must be due a game every week for the second half of the season the way this is going.

pineapple stu
27/05/2005, 1:04 PM
I assume Setanta just see it as convenient that there's a Monday night game on when their Mondays have just been emptied by the conclusion of the Setanta Cup?

Slash/ED
27/05/2005, 1:06 PM
Their whole week is empty really to be fair :p

At the very least this game would be ideal for one of their as live games, can't believe it's not being shown by any channel.

btid1
27/05/2005, 2:29 PM
I've seen Bohs twice this year and they were $hite both times. :D They seem to have improved since though going by their results.

In fairness those 2 games you saw were probably early in the season when granted we were quite poor.

Bohs Till I Die!

Schumi
27/05/2005, 2:38 PM
In fairness those 2 games you saw were probably early in the season when granted we were quite poor.

Bohs Till I Die!
They were yeah, hence the smiley. :) Against Rovers and us for the record.

pete
28/05/2005, 11:16 AM
Bohs were good last night. Well deserved thier win.

Foley is absolutely useless though. Can be gratefull CCFC could not afford his wages as he wouldn't be 5th choice forward for City.

BohDiddley
28/05/2005, 1:21 PM
Bohs were good last night. Well deserved thier win.

Foley is absolutely useless though. Can be gratefull CCFC could not afford his wages as he wouldn't be 5th choice forward for City.
Mais merci, mon ami :D
But, au contraire, Bohs were not good last night, they were magnificent. 10/10 for every player on the pitch, and, oh, 15/10 for Joxer Kelly.
And you are so wrong about Foley, again, like others on this thread, basing your opinion on start-of-season (muck accepted) Bohs. Almost every touch was sheer quality, and he has been playing about 50% better in the last fortnight. He hasn't scored yet, but he's been deeply unlucky in front of goal and has had a lot of assists. It was his goal-deserving header that directly got us one last night. He's our fave Corkie!
$hels turn-out, for a game that demanded no travel, for a club that's top of the league going for three in a row, was pathetic. They had the timerity to ask if we were 'J€alou$'. They got their answer in short order.
Now it's up to Cork to continue the good work.

pineapple stu
28/05/2005, 1:28 PM
They had the timerity to ask if we were 'J€alou$'
Have to say though - brilliant idea for a flag! :p

A face
28/05/2005, 1:32 PM
Now it's up to Cork to continue the good work.

Agreed ….. its seems only fair that City try and oblige !! :p

BohDiddley
28/05/2005, 1:41 PM
Agreed, if it hadn't backfired so spectacularly. Wonder if they'd sell it to us? :D

btid1
28/05/2005, 1:52 PM

Never seen a flag backfire so much.Hillarious stuff :D

But I have to say the conduct of Ollie,Fenlon,Rogers + Heary after the game last night was a disgrace.They are possibly the sorest losers to ever visit Dalymount :mad:

Bohs Till I Die!

Gerrit
28/05/2005, 4:39 PM
Could be that I have to miss this game as I have to be in Belfast on Monday and not sure if I can make it back in time... Never missed a Shels game since I migrated here, this would really suck :eek: Just in case: would the game be broadcasted in a Belfast pub ? (they got Setanta Sports as well)