PDA

View Full Version : Waht you listening to now?

Pat O' Banton
26/05/2005, 5:07 PM
Quiet old day at work, popped out to HMV during lunch and picked up 'Life is Good' by the Sugarcubes, which I'm checking out now. Doesn't seem to bad. What's the rest of you lads and lassies listening to?

Babysis
26/05/2005, 5:32 PM
im loving willie Mason's album right now

superfrank
26/05/2005, 6:40 PM
Im listening to Jurassic 5 on iTunes. ;)

Neish
26/05/2005, 8:25 PM
At this present moment I'm listening to temple of dog. Chris Cornell's pre-soundgarden band which includes guest vocals from Pearl Jam's Eddie vedder

Jon'o
26/05/2005, 8:37 PM
a drum n bass cd that my mate put together, pis*es off the eejit next door a treat :)

tonycuna
26/05/2005, 8:41 PM
@ this present moment I'm listening to Barry Manilow songs :rolleyes:

In this period I like to listen to Mark Knopfler, I'll see him live in Milan next june ;)

noby
26/05/2005, 9:22 PM
At the moment:
Surprise Surprise it's Girlfrendo

Gerrit
26/05/2005, 9:24 PM
ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - Bring on the dancing horses

Thomo
26/05/2005, 9:48 PM
a combination of stuff from teh following albums

glassjaw - everything you ever wanted to know about silence
bloc party - silent alarm
interpol - antics
dj shadow - the private press
dj format - if you cant join em, beat em
green day - american idiot

and the folowing bands:
jack off jill
the killers
van halen
metallica
system of a down
million dead
enricco merrone(sp?) {specifically the ecstatcy of gold from the good the bad and the ugly sountrack)
new order
joy division
gang of four

Gerrit
26/05/2005, 10:58 PM
Dancing Horses (Bunnymen) for the 8th time in a row :eek: :cool:

Six more days and the gig's there... Bring on Ian and Will !! :D

Dublin12
27/05/2005, 8:13 AM
Kings of leon
velvet underground
abba
and echo and the bunnymen

Gareth
27/05/2005, 8:36 AM
At this present moment I'm listening to temple of dog. Chris Cornell's pre-soundgarden band which includes guest vocals from Pearl Jam's Eddie vedder

Was Eddie Veder not actually in the band. (wasn't he a full member not a guest?)Wasn't it Cornell and his band as a tribute to their ex roommate who killed himself and so they did this one album? Its a good album too.

Currently whilst I am not in work (not allowed listen to music) I am listening to Rollerskate Skinny, Weezer albums (any of them) and Tom McRae

tonycuna
27/05/2005, 8:46 AM
enricco merrone(sp?) {specifically the ecstatcy of gold from the good the bad and the ugly sountrack)

ennio morricone ;)
cheers

carrickharp
27/05/2005, 1:41 PM
System of a Down new album Mezmerize

tetsujin1979
27/05/2005, 2:24 PM
Kerbdog's On The Turn, going to see them tomorrow in the Warehouse in Limerick

Pat O' Banton
27/05/2005, 4:01 PM
a combination of stuff from teh following albums

glassjaw - everything you ever wanted to know about silence
bloc party - silent alarm
interpol - antics
dj shadow - the private press
dj format - if you cant join em, beat em
green day - american idiot

and the folowing bands:
jack off jill
the killers
van halen
metallica
system of a down
million dead
new order
joy division
gang of four

... and here's me remembering the days when you loved Paul Young, Sinita and that song by Posh Spice and Dane Bowers.

Disappointed to here that no - one is listening to that great UB40 song 'Baby Come Back', now who was that talented singer that appeared on that track :confused: ;)

aberharp
27/05/2005, 4:05 PM
the kaiser chiefs album employment. its pretty good too

jofyisgod
27/05/2005, 4:25 PM
the kaiser chiefs album employment. its pretty good too

It is, but the Bloc Party one is unreal. Had for ages now, but still loving it.
Something about the songs makes you llisten again...great band.

the 12 th man
27/05/2005, 7:45 PM
..that great UB40 song 'Baby Come Back', now who was that talented singer that appeared on that track :confused: ;)

jaysus pat it shows how the sands of time shift and yesterdays "crocodile food" becomes tommorows "crocodile sh1t" :D (old python expression)

btw,do you know anything about "weezer" ? what sort of music ?

jofyisgod
27/05/2005, 7:50 PM

"Geek Rock" is the official term. I really like Weezer. The critics don't like them, but they have a massive 'cult' following all over the world. New album is solid, not amazing, but pretty good all the same.

the 12 th man
27/05/2005, 7:52 PM
"Geek Rock" is the official term. I really like Weezer. The critics don't like them, but they have a massive 'cult' following all over the world. New album is solid, not amazing, but pretty good all the same.

never heard any of their stuff ,only their name so i'm interested enough to check-em-out. :)

jofyisgod
27/05/2005, 7:58 PM
never heard any of their stuff ,only their name so i'm interested enough to check-em-out. :)

Good to see someone with an open mind re: music! People get so bigoted about it nowadays, they rule out stuff purely due to 'genre', which IMO, is a heap of shíte anyway. Fair play!

Kowalski
27/05/2005, 8:05 PM
It is, but the Bloc Party one is unreal. Had for ages now, but still loving it.
Something about the songs makes you llisten again...great band.

Like the Bloc Party album myself, another great album I.ve been listening to is by a Canadian band called Arcade Fire - Funeral......... Quality

jofyisgod
27/05/2005, 8:14 PM
Like the Bloc Party album myself, another great album I.ve been listening to is by a Canadian band called Arcade Fire - Funeral......... Quality

Yeah, I mentioned them in another thread on here I think. Love the violins :p in it. They were on Jools Holland a few weeks back, absolutuely class.

CollegeTillIDie
28/05/2005, 8:27 AM
Just got back from Prague and picked up a local CD.

It's called " Tisíc Zpusobu Jak Zabít Lasku" and it is by the very tasty Lenka Filipová. And it is rather good and was released back in 2003. Heard the track on the radio in the car on the way from the airport when I arrived.

She is a former classical guitarist who drifted through folk type music into pop/rock. A female Paul Brady if you will. But the title track which roughly translates as " 1000 Ways to Kill Love" and the closer " Mlyny Melou" which roughly translates as " Mills are Grinding" are the standout tracks. :p

If any of you are curious you can hear the tracks on www.lenkafilipova.cz and this CD is the only one available on MP3 on the site so you can't go wrong.

Bully Bull
28/05/2005, 5:22 PM
Tiesto-Just be
Greatest hits of 1994! (Found the tape some memories)
Daft Punk-Human after all

jofyisgod
28/05/2005, 8:45 PM
Found the tape

The what???!! What the fúck is one of those? ;)

fitzknows
28/05/2005, 11:37 PM
Listening to a CD belonging to the missus. They're an Italian band called the Modena City Ramblers. Strange but good. They play trad Irish stuff but sing in Italian. The Missus was saying that the fellow doing the vocals was originally from Mayo but lets just say it's hard to spot the Mayo twang in a different language.

Pat O' Banton
31/05/2005, 12:11 PM
jaysus pat it shows how the sands of time shift and yesterdays "crocodile food" becomes tommorows "crocodile sh1t" :D (old python expression)

Its the tasteless youth of today :eek: ;)

Weezer, been around since mid to late nineties. Jofy mentioned they are Geek rock which sort of sums it up, its fairly up beat rock music (esp their first hit 'Buddy Holly') self effacing lyrics, all in all I like them (even though I've never gone as far as to part with money.)

...and today I will mostly be listening to Graham Coxon's 'Happiness in Magazines' third listen so far, so still making up my mind, but over all quite good.

Lionel Ritchie
31/05/2005, 12:35 PM
Dundalks finest ...the sultry and oh so beautiful...

Jinx Lennon -Free State Nova.

gustavo
31/05/2005, 12:39 PM
you were very close to getting an official warning there lionel :D

Macy
31/05/2005, 12:41 PM
Listening to Audioslave - copy off the bro in law.... They rawk, is about all I know about them..... Kinda meeting in the middle with the bro in law, from his metal background and my indie one (doubt that'll happen with the other bro in law who was in Cradle of Filth :D )....

Dublin12
31/05/2005, 1:00 PM
Somebody gave me a cd by The Go Team,never heard of them before,don't know where they're from ,sounds alright though,a bit like Cornelius,worth a listen.

ken foree
31/05/2005, 1:58 PM
Just got back from Prague and picked up a local CD.

It's called " Tisíc Zpusobu Jak Zabít Lasku" and it is by the very tasty Lenka Filipová. And it is rather good and was released back in 2003. Heard the track on the radio in the car on the way from the airport when I arrived.

She is a former classical guitarist who drifted through folk type music into pop/rock. A female Paul Brady if you will. But the title track which roughly translates as " 1000 Ways to Kill Love" and the closer " Mlyny Melou" which roughly translates as " Mills are Grinding" are the standout tracks. :p

If any of you are curious you can hear the tracks on www.lenkafilipova.cz and this CD is the only one available on MP3 on the site so you can't go wrong.

haven't seen her site/heard her but it sounds like it could be good. lucky enough to have a mate in prague (what a city) who sends me music rec's and a disk from time to time, this czech eva bittova's stuff was great. i'd say she stayed closer to the folk rather than getting pop though.. although it does certainly 'rock' (fu ckin labels! :rolleyes: ) i think i'll be curious and -no pun- check out her site especially if she's as tasty as you say :D :D :D

aido_b
31/05/2005, 3:44 PM
Currently listening to Scissor Sisters, The Kinks and Simon and Garfunkel! Bit of a strange mix I know!