PDA

View Full Version : McCarthy called up for Testimonial squad

JimmyP
26/05/2005, 4:32 PM
McCarthy added to squad for testimonial

Leicester City defender Paddy McCarthy has been added to the Republic of Ireland squad for Sunday’s clash with Celtic in Jackie McNamara’s testimonial.

McCarthy is added the squad following the withdrawal of Gary Breen though he will return to the Republic of Ireland Under 21 squad for next week’s UEFA Under 21 Championship qualifier against Israel at Flancare Park, Longford.

http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=280661&Title=McCarthy+added+to+squad+for+testimonial&lid=Main+News&sub=McCarthy+added+to+squad+for+testimonial&navlid=&sublid=

angryant
26/05/2005, 10:59 PM
Good news. Hopefully he will get some experience as he seems to be our best young prospect at CB at the moment. Has anybody seen him play?? I hear he picks up bookings and gives away free kicks like its going out of style...Is he a leader(i.e another cunningham) or a quieter guy(o'Brien Dunne etc)????

dr_peepee
27/05/2005, 2:23 AM
Wouldn't read too much into this call up... John Thompson was in a similar position this time last year... He needs allot more games at club level before he should even be considered. Even with the injuries we have if anything happened to O'Brien and Cunniingham then Doherty, O'Shea and even Matt Holland or Roy Keane would be selected ahead of him.

jorge
29/05/2005, 9:54 PM
Good news. Hopefully he will get some experience as he seems to be our best young prospect at CB at the moment. Has anybody seen him play?? I hear he picks up bookings and gives away free kicks like its going out of style...Is he a leader(i.e another cunningham) or a quieter guy(o'Brien Dunne etc)????
colin hawkins was overlooked yet again at least give him a chance

Plastic Paddy
29/05/2005, 11:04 PM
colin hawkins was overlooked yet again at least give him a chance

Is that the same Colin Hawkins that failed to make it at Doncaster Rovers? Give us a break...

:ball: PP

jorge
29/05/2005, 11:08 PM
how long ago was that?anyway hes good in the air and no no-nosence

bluefan
30/05/2005, 1:18 AM
angryant has anybody seen him play, if you went to a under 21 game , youd know what his game is like. he would be a hope to come through in the next couple of years. :eek: