PDA

View Full Version : I'm not being petty but......

joeSoap
26/05/2005, 1:25 PM
2 points...but I think they're valid to the outcome of last nites game.

1. Sami Hyppia should have been sent off early in the second half for the free-kick he conceded at the edge of the box. He was last man back clearly, and made no attempt at taking the ball. A simple case of even the referee taking pity on Liverpool cos they were three down, so no red card.

2. Dudek was at least 4 yards off his line for the second penalty save. It should have been retaken...no question.

Oh, and point 3....I don't think Shevchenko was offside for the goal he scored that was disallowed.

Other than that...what a miracle...fair play to them. Well done Benitez and Liverpool.

ken foree
26/05/2005, 1:36 PM
hmm. was it a peno, gattuso on gerrard?

De Town
26/05/2005, 1:39 PM
IMO, it was a harsh decision to give a pen

Dublin12
26/05/2005, 1:42 PM
And England's goal in the 66 world cup never crossed the line,an Guillit's goal in 88 was offside..unless technology comes in these things are gonna happen.

ken foree
26/05/2005, 1:52 PM
IMO, it was a harsh decision to give a pen

looked dodgy from the one time i saw it..

Éanna
26/05/2005, 1:56 PM
It was, definitely. The contact was minimal, but Gattuso tried to foul him, so once the intent was there, IMO, he can have no complaints

Hibs4Ever
26/05/2005, 1:56 PM

1. Sami Hyppia should have been sent off early in the second half for the free-kick he conceded at the edge of the box. He was last man back clearly, and made no attempt at taking the ball. A simple case of even the referee taking pity on Liverpool cos they were three down, so no red card.

2. Dudek was at least 4 yards off his line for the second penalty save. It should have been retaken...no question.

Oh, and point 3....I don't think Shevchenko was offside for the goal he scored that was disallowed.

Other than that...what a miracle...fair play to them. Well done Benitez and Liverpool.

Had 5euro on Hyypia to get booked at 5/1

Couldn't believe he didn't even get a yellow never mind red

Gerrard DEFINITELY dived for the peanlty

Éanna
26/05/2005, 1:58 PM
Gerrard DEFINITELY dived for the peanlty
Wouldn't agree. I think he made the most of it, which he's entitled to do. Diving is going down when you haven't been fouled. He was fouled, and although it was minimal, he had every right to go down

stojkovic
26/05/2005, 2:17 PM

You are being petty.
So, so will I

count them FIVE
and we keep the cup

Player runs into Hyppia - Hyppia's fault.

Gerard runs into Gattuso - Gattuso's fault NO its Gerard's.

edited - apologies - abit tired and emotional today.

drinkfeckarse
26/05/2005, 2:37 PM
I thought Kaka should've been booked never mind booking Hyypia! He was past the player and took a dive when he had him beat :confused:

Everybody I watched it with thought it was a dive too but I have to be honest and say I've only seen it 2 or 3 times.

He would've been one on one with Dudek to make it 4-0 and game over but chose to go down so easily like foreigners and George O' Callaghan tend to do ;) ;) :D

Closed Account 2
26/05/2005, 2:38 PM
I thought Gattuso tugged at his shirt, so imo it was a penalty and given where it happened Gattuso was lucky not have been sent off.

About Dudek coming of his line for the 2nd pen, yeah it shouldnt have been allowed - that said I remember Dida doing that for every penalty in the final 2 years ago v Juventus.

NeilMcD
26/05/2005, 2:53 PM
You are being petty.
So, so will I

count them FIVE
and we keep the cup
so fcuk you.

Muppet.

No need for abuse here you know, he was only pointing out aspects of the game that were overlooked last night.

OwlsFan
26/05/2005, 2:59 PM
What about the linesman flag just before the second Liverpool goal which the ref ignored.

Gerrard - yes peno but then Gatuso should have been shown a red card but the ref decided to bottle it. I always think anyway the peno is sufficient punishment in such circumstance.

Most amazing thing of the whole night - the 2 chances in the last couple of minutes for AC Milan which didn't go in. Did Dudek know anything about the 2nd one ? Seem to just belt off his hands and go round the post.

anto1208
26/05/2005, 3:17 PM
the lines man put his flag down because the offside didnt effect the game and a new passage of play had begun, this is comon practice .

gerrard dived ,dudeck did make the two saves which were brilliant .

plus im happy coz i had liverpool to win on peno's at 16/1 with a tenner on it .......think ill retire now :D

Countyman
27/05/2005, 10:02 AM
How come none of you mentioned Nesta's (i think) handball just before Milans 2nd goal.

Penalty!!

Sour grapes. Great game of football. 6 goals. Drama. Penalties. Its a lottery then. Fair play Liverpool.

Champions of Europe. Get over it.

anto1208
27/05/2005, 10:04 AM
Get over it.

we would if liverpool fans would shut up going on about it :D

razor
27/05/2005, 10:35 AM

1. Thought the Milan player (Shevchenko)dived minimal if any contact. If he had sent off Hyypia then he would also have had to send off Gattuso when awarding the Liverpool penalty.Ref was poor for both teams to be honest.
2. Correct, I looked straight at the ref and was surprised myself it was not retaken.
3. Watched it again and it was marginal but he was ahead of the defender.

green army
27/05/2005, 11:12 AM
You are being petty.
So, so will I

count them FIVE
and we keep the cup

well said :D :D

Lionel Ritchie
27/05/2005, 11:17 AM
Dudek was easily 2 or 3 feet from his line when the second penalty was being taken. I thought it was going to be re-taken.

Aldini98
27/05/2005, 2:11 PM
You are being petty.
So, so will I

count them FIVE
and we keep the cup

Whhooooooooo Ha Ha Ha I agree mate FIVE CUPS

Also, Gattuso didnt get a card for the penalty incident.

The grapes are sour in here BUT WHO CARES !!!!!!!!

NeilMcD
27/05/2005, 2:17 PM
I think it is possible to bring up valid points without having sour grapes. Does he not congratulate Liverpool in his post. Enjoy the success but there is such thing as a good winner. Just cause somebody questions a few decisions in a sensible and sober manner does not mean they have sour grapes. A bit of maturity is called for here I think. I find that lots of people in Ireland dont know how to win. When their team wins the first thing they do is call their mates to gloat etc. Or the case of the guy in a pub who went and got his Man Utd top at half time to gloat to his mates onlly to look the fool. Or the guys who had Munich tops on in 1999 in a pub in Galway and happened to be Liverpool supporters. All of this sort of behaviour shows a lack of class and maturity about people. I know when my team wins my first reaction is not to gloat to another peson, it is to enjoy the moment for what it is.

mypost
28/05/2005, 3:40 AM
Dudek was easily 2 or 3 feet from his line when the second penalty was being taken. I thought it was going to be re-taken.

Penalties are never re-taken during penalty shoot-outs. There would be uproar. I've watched loads of penalty shoot-outs over the years, and I've never seen any penalty re-taken during them, for any reason.

Thunderblaster
28/05/2005, 1:07 PM
When you walk
Through a storm,
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid
Of the dark.

At the end of the storm,
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song
Of the lark.

Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain
For your dreams be tossed
And blown.

Walk on,
Walk on
With hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone.

Walk on,
Walk on
With hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone. :D :) ;)

crazyaxel
28/05/2005, 6:50 PM
About Dudek coming of his line for the 2nd pen, yeah it shouldnt have been allowed - that said I remember Dida doing that for every penalty in the final 2 years ago v Juventus.[/QUOTE]

thats why the rule was brought in to stop goalkeepers from doing that!

crazyaxel
28/05/2005, 6:52 PM
Penalties are never re-taken during penalty shoot-outs. There would be uproar. I've watched loads of penalty shoot-outs over the years, and I've never seen any penalty re-taken during them, for any reason.

not true penalties r retaken during penalty shoot-outs iv had it done to me