PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager 2006 Official Research

FootballManager
26/05/2005, 8:45 AM
Hi All,

I'm currently working on the new Football Manager 2006 game. I've posted here before looking for help with research on the various Eircom League teams represented in the game, and some people have been great help.

I'm asking again for anyone that's a fan of the Championship Manager/Football Manager series and the Eircom League to help me out to make the game as good as possible for this Octobers' release.

Fans of all teams are welcome, and it's fine if several people work on the same team, the more the better. If anyone is interested in making THEIR team 'perfect' as the should be for the Eircom League in FM06 please contact me as soon as possible at darren_cm@hotmail.com and I'll pass you all the details you need.

Of course anyone the helps out in a substancial way shall receive a free copy of the game.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Darren Matthews.
SI Irish Head Researcher.

adamcarr
26/05/2005, 3:31 PM
Never again! Still waiting for my free copy of FM 2005 for doing research last season! :rolleyes:

FootballManager
26/05/2005, 6:07 PM
Never again! Still waiting for my free copy of FM 2005 for doing research last season! :rolleyes:

Hi Adam,

If you sent me your address and didn't get a copy you have GOT to tell me! I am not a fortune teller to know these things, I'm relying on feedback. I pass on the addresses on those that helped to SI in London... that's the last I have to do with. So you've got to let me kno earlier so I can hassle SI.

Please mail me your home address on darren_cm@hotmail.com and I'll send you a new copy immediately. My apologies over this Adam.

Darren.

GavinZac
27/05/2005, 10:50 PM

so its your fault georgie's so good and kearney's so poor? :p

adam, lots of people help out. i dont know how much you did, but theres literally hundreds of people who volunteer to do research for the game for nothing but the appreciation of the fact that its been the best soccer based game for the last 10 / 12 years. i do it and i dont even get my name in the credits which would please me a lot more than getting a free copy of a game which i love. theres enough langers ripping SI off with no-cd patches and pirate copies (not to mention eidos's "CM5"), without the people who actually love the game expecting it free.

harpskid
27/05/2005, 11:51 PM
I got my name in the credits and tbh I don't want anything more, as I'd be buying the game anyway!

Actually know a heap of my mates who bought the game simply because I'd done some research for it and they were just dying to pick out a fault.

Shows that asking us eL fans for help increases sales ;)

adamcarr
28/05/2005, 10:31 AM
so its your fault georgie's so good and kearney's so poor? :p

Probably is cause it was all done when Kearney was out of the team and Georgie is pure class anyway!

adam, lots of people help out. i dont know how much you did, but theres literally hundreds of people who volunteer to do research for the game for nothing but the appreciation of the fact that its been the best soccer based game for the last 10 / 12 years. i do it and i dont even get my name in the credits which would please me a lot more than getting a free copy of a game which i love. theres enough langers ripping SI off with no-cd patches and pirate copies (not to mention eidos's "CM5"), without the people who actually love the game expecting it free.

I know that but I put in a lot of time into it and was expecting a game for for my troubles so it was a bit of a balls not receiving it!

jofyisgod
29/05/2005, 4:02 PM
Actually know a heap of my mates who bought the game simply because I'd done some research for it and they were just dying to pick out a fault.

Great mates!! This game is great, it's just a travesty that poor idiots are buying CM still and not realising what they're actually getting.

GavinZac
30/05/2005, 11:15 AM
Great mates!! This game is great, it's just a travesty that poor idiots are buying CM still and not realising what they're actually getting.

exactly. hopefully the sales of FM2005 were good enough for them to launch an agressive advetising campaign this autumn.