PDA

View Full Version : Nwankwo gone

Éanna
23/05/2005, 8:30 PM
He's left as well!

Just wanted to thank Michael Nwankwo for his service to the club over the last 2 years. Mike, for anyone who's spoken to him, was always willing to talk to fans or sign autographs, and was a true gent in that regard. I'll never forget that absolute gem of a goal he scored up in Inchicore (one of the best I've seen in the eircom League) not to mention the celebration. Thanks Mike!

GavinZac
23/05/2005, 11:05 PM
under utilised for various reasons, ive only seen him play a few times but in those times looked no worse than other "squad" players, and sometimes put in an eye catching performance, as you mention, inchicore being one of them.

A face
23/05/2005, 11:58 PM
I thought he was brilliant that game and he featured in another few games after i that and thought that he did very well .... i mean Kevin Murray was getting his game at that time and was brutal, not a patch on Nwankwo to be fair and still kept his place over Michael.

Éanna
24/05/2005, 12:00 AM
kept his place over Michael.
SACK THE BOARD! :eek: :D

DolansWaistcoat
24/05/2005, 6:29 AM
I'd have loved to have seen the little fella get a few more chances,seemed like a fairly capable player every time I watched him play.

Any idea if any other club has signed him up?

jofyisgod
24/05/2005, 8:20 AM
I'll second the above. A great guy, highly skilled player, so i hope he does well for himself wherever he ends up. Good Luck Michael.

patsh
24/05/2005, 9:43 AM
I'm sad to see him go, he never really got a run after his performance against Bohs last year.

But I do remember his goal and celebration against SPA, and will always treasure that memory.

Ramblers should sign him up, he could make the difference for them in the promotion race....

shedite
24/05/2005, 12:38 PM
On the official site, it says "Micheal was the first nigerian to play premier division football for Cork City"

Did Dominic Iorfa not play before him??

Also, my main memory of Nwankwo, was coming on here reading about this new Nigerian we had signed called "N****wo" and trying to insert evert possible four letter banned word to see which would work best.

N w f u c k w o
N w c u n t w o
etc...

Ozymandias
24/05/2005, 1:02 PM
a good guy but an average player...hope he enjoyed his stay and the best of luck to him in the future

yan
24/05/2005, 2:03 PM
lads,

he once came to play 5 a side with me and few buddies as a favourite to a mutual friend, if u seen the tricks he did and how quick he was with the ball,

it was unreal, if dolan found out at the time he played 5 a side with us god only knows what he would have done!!

Munchie
26/05/2005, 9:29 PM
Maybe we(Bohs) could sign him. judging by the start to are season we'll take anyone!!

jorge
29/05/2005, 10:19 PM
i hope he stays in the EL it would be a shame to see him leave