14/02/2020, 8:19 PM
Dundalk v Derry 3156

Pats v Waterford 2807

CorribsideSteve
14/02/2020, 9:02 PM
3961 at TX, and 2237 in Ballybofey according to twitter

Martinho II
15/02/2020, 1:23 PM
Game in Dalymount Park is a sellout.Whats the attendance I wonder? Listening to live commentary and storm Denis has finally arrived!

Buller
16/02/2020, 10:58 AM
Game in Dalymount Park is a sellout.Whats the attendance I wonder? Listening to live commentary and storm Denis has finally arrived!

3,650 tickets sold I think?

Martinho II
16/02/2020, 2:52 PM
3,650 tickets sold I think?

Heard on commentary that attendance was 3100 approximately.

oriel
16/02/2020, 6:52 PM
Have to say good crowds all round. Derry had a decent away support which takes away from our sometimes 'lazy' fans who tend to pick their games at times. The standout for me was the crowd in Cork, now that's impressive to get close on 4k.

With respect and with them not having grand ambitions for 2020, that's brilliant backing by the Cork fans to be fair.

How many Shels fans ?

sbgawa
16/02/2020, 7:46 PM
We should be getting 4000 against cork next week.....hopefully

oriel
16/02/2020, 7:53 PM

Then the 'cup final' the week after ;) v DFC !

I`m looking forward to that one, I work in city centre, love those trips out to Tallaght, Luas, few pints, so handy to get lift home.

Asterix
16/02/2020, 8:20 PM

With 2500 season tickets sold the first home game of the season should be getting at least 5000. Id be dissapointed if its 4000 anyway.

sidewayspasser
16/02/2020, 8:31 PM
Have to say good crowds all round. Derry had a decent away support which takes away from our sometimes 'lazy' fans who tend to pick their games at times. The standout for me was the crowd in Cork, now that's impressive to get close on 4k.

With respect and with them not having grand ambitions for 2020, that's brilliant backing by the Cork fans to be fair.

How many Shels fans ?
Considering that Munster were playing down the road as well, it really was a good crowd. More than I expected.
Shels also brought a sizeable away crowd.

sbgawa
16/02/2020, 8:36 PM
With 2500 season tickets sold the first home game of the season should be getting at least 5000. Id be dissapointed if its 4000 anyway.

Great value season tickets and two teams to watch (shamrock rovers b) depends how many regular supporters bought season tickets this year.
If it was just the normal walk ups buying st then attendances might not be up. I'm hopeful though

Nah Nah Nah Nah
16/02/2020, 10:57 PM
Can you buy a season ticket for Shamrock Rovers II? How much if you can?

joey B
17/02/2020, 4:30 AM
Can you buy a season ticket for Shamrock Rovers II? How much if you can?

Think the season ticket for the 'big' Rovers is good for both teams.

sbgawa
17/02/2020, 6:08 AM
Both teams covered by one season ticket,, so 180 for 31 home matches. 20 Euro for kids.
Its such a no brainer I would say some more casual attendees may have bought. Will be interesting to see does attendances actually go up. The cup win will help but also there has been a huge effort locally over last few months....we will see i guess

Yossarian
17/02/2020, 9:10 AM
Both teams covered by one season ticket,, so 180 for 31 home matches. 20 Euro for kids.
Its such a no brainer I would say some more casual attendees may have bought. Will be interesting to see does attendances actually go up. The cup win will help but also there has been a huge effort locally over last few months....we will see i guess

It is a great deal alright. It will be interesting to see if the extra season tickets that have been sold are being bought by new fans or fans who went anyway but previously paid on the gate.

Ezeikial
17/02/2020, 9:54 AM

That is impressive ST sales

How much of any increase is this over 2019?

El-Pietro
17/02/2020, 9:56 AM

How many Shels fans ?
Decent Shels crowd, maybe 400?
Not great to see some of them trying to get at City fans after they scored. The City fans in the St. Annes end aren't typically the most boisterous.

Great overall crowd given that the Rugby game, weather and valentines day would all have detracted from the potential total do varying degrees.

Our next home game is against Finn Harps. If we lose to Rovers and Dundalk this week I would expect a much lower crowd as the start of the season hope dissipates somewhat. Hopefully it can remain above 3k, wouldn't expect many away fans to boost it though.

RathfarnhamHoop
17/02/2020, 10:16 AM
Heard on commentary that attendance was 3100 approximately.

Would make sense considering bohs were turning away Rovers fans with tickets because the stand was "full". Shambles of an organisation, either over selling the stand or turning away people with valid tickets for no reason. And don't anyone come out with any "external company ****e, they were wearing bohs jackets unlike the external stewards that had pulse jackets on.

nigel-harps1954
17/02/2020, 10:26 AM
Decent Shels crowd, maybe 400?
Not great to see some of them trying to get at City fans after they scored. The City fans in the St. Annes end aren't typically the most boisterous.

Great overall crowd given that the Rugby game, weather and valentines day would all have detracted from the potential total do varying degrees.

Our next home game is against Finn Harps. If we lose to Rovers and Dundalk this week I would expect a much lower crowd as the start of the season hope dissipates somewhat. Hopefully it can remain above 3k, wouldn't expect many away fans to boost it though.

There will definitely be more than 400 Harps fans down.

El-Pietro
17/02/2020, 10:31 AM
There will definitely be more than 400 Harps fans down.

Fans or Flags?

Asterix
17/02/2020, 10:42 AM
Would make sense considering bohs were turning away Rovers fans with tickets because the stand was "full". Shambles of an organisation, either over selling the stand or turning away people with valid tickets for no reason. And don't anyone come out with any "external company ****e, they were wearing bohs jackets unlike the external stewards that had pulse jackets on.

They were overselling the jodi as well, some people who bought tickets on genral sale got an email the next day saying their tickets were cancelled.

PartySaint
17/02/2020, 12:29 PM
2,807 at Richmond, decent but down 700 on the first day of last season, less away fans this time round and Cork are a bigger draw that Waterford but there just isn't the same buzz this season as there was at the start of last.

Next home game is Derry next Monday, probably already be a poor enough crowd at it.

Pablo Escobar
17/02/2020, 12:30 PM
Considering that Munster were playing down the road as well, it really was a good crowd. More than I expected.
Shels also brought a sizeable away crowd.

We've often played the same time as Munster and tbh there's never been an obvious impact on our crowds during a clash. I don't think there's much of a cross-over in the fanbase. There's another clash coming up when we play Sligo actually.

D24Saint
17/02/2020, 12:41 PM
2,807 at Richmond, decent but down 700 on the first day of last season, less away fans this time round and Cork are a bigger draw that Waterford but there just isn't the same buzz this season as there was at the start of last.

Next home game is Derry next Monday, probably already be a poor enough crowd at it.

I was a bit surprised by the level of skepticism among the fans. It’s new team with an inexperienced coach so time and patience will be needed to gel. I’d say it’s last years unrealistic expectations and ultimately disastrous season is partly to blame.

nigel-harps1954
17/02/2020, 12:49 PM
Fans or Flags?

400 fans with 400 flags each.

nigel-harps1954
17/02/2020, 12:54 PM
Opening week:

Cork v Shels - 3,961
Bohs v Sh Rovers - 3,580
Dundalk v Derry - 3,156
St Pats v Waterford - 2,807
Harps v Sligo - 2,237

TOTAL: 15,741

Average: 3,148

Real ale Madrid
17/02/2020, 1:09 PM
Opening week:

Cork v Shels - 3,961
Bohs v Sh Rovers - 3,580
Dundalk v Derry - 3,156
Harps v Sligo - 2,237

2019 Week 1

St Pat's v Cork - 3,497
Waterford v Shamrock Rovers - 4,152
Bohs v Finn Harps - 2,914
Dundalk v Sligo Rovers - 3,347
Derry v UCD - 3,000 estimate

Total: 17,270

Average 3,454

Bring back John Delaney.

RathfarnhamHoop
17/02/2020, 1:20 PM
They were overselling the jodi as well, some people who bought tickets on genral sale got an email the next day saying their tickets were cancelled.

Shouldn't be possible to oversell the des Kelly though since it was all done through physical tickets. And if people can get in with fakes that easily, if there were any of them, then you seriously need to look at the whole system.

David BOHie
17/02/2020, 1:45 PM

TBF, that was outsourced to a third party called Future Ticketing who made an absolute balls of the ticket selling. You're right however, they did oversell a few hundred tickets.

D24Saint
17/02/2020, 3:39 PM
TBF, that was outsourced to a third party called Future Ticketing who made an absolute balls of the ticket selling. You're right however, they did oversell a few hundred tickets.

With a performance like that they are making the name of their company seem ironic.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
18/02/2020, 12:54 AM
Opening week:

Cork v Shels - 3,961
Bohs v Sh Rovers - 3,580
Dundalk v Derry - 3,156
Harps v Sligo - 2,237

Good weekend all round. Interesting to see what the numbers are like when that round of games are played again as first weekend of the season would always bring a few extra.

sulywaterfordfc
18/02/2020, 3:19 PM

In fairness there were a sizeable away crowd at the game on Friday.

Aside from that, comparing the off season last year with now. Last year Pats were tipped to finish third they had a couple of marquee signings that would have excited fans and they look as if they were going places. Looking at this year bar Benson Pats haven’t really signed anyone hugely exciting. Pats seem a bit under the radar compared with last year too, like us Pats seem a bit unknown

Asterix
19/02/2020, 1:24 PM
That is impressive ST sales

How much of any increase is this over 2019?

I think 1500 were sold in 2019.

Shearer
21/02/2020, 8:52 PM
5,106 in Tallaght,
2,145 in Sligo,
3,010 in Tolka.
2,419 in Waterford.

nigel-harps1954
21/02/2020, 10:38 PM
Probably 3,500 or so in Derry? Hard to tell in there.

ToberonaTornado
21/02/2020, 10:49 PM
5,106 in Tallaght,
2,145 in Sligo,
3,010 in Tolka.
2,419 in Waterford.

Dundalk had 800 supporters and a few in Tolka for the match.
Created a great atmosphere in the old dump!

oriel
21/02/2020, 11:12 PM
Dundalk had 800 supporters and a few in Tolka for the match.
Created a great atmosphere in the old dump!

Come on now TT. glass houses old son.

BTW final figure from Shels guy tonight, 900 Dlk fans, but more impressive was the home support.

EDIT: Infact highly disrespectable, a lot of DFC fans (who would have been too young for FD days) this was their first visit to Tolka ever.

I always liked the ground, some great memories.

ToberonaTornado
21/02/2020, 11:27 PM
Come on now TT. glasshouses old son.

No worries at all me oul kipper.;)

I actually meant 'old kip' :p I Love Tolka Park.
Didn't mean to be mean about it.
I have an endearing <3 love for it and.... the Cat & Cage pub.

Candystripe
21/02/2020, 11:37 PM
Probably 3,500 or so in Derry? Hard to tell in there.
Very few empty seats which were at the front of ther Harps fans Blocks.

The whole Southend stand people were standing behind the seats.

Looked close to 3,800 but probably more considering the bar was packed with people watching ther game from there.

nigel-harps1954
22/02/2020, 1:49 AM
Very few empty seats which were at the front of ther Harps fans Blocks.

The whole Southend stand people were standing behind the seats.

Looked close to 3,800 but probably more considering the bar was packed with people watching ther game from there.

Most of the bar ones were probably Mark farren stand seats? Thought there were a good sized amount of seats empty there, but did notice a good few up in the bar area.

Were dotted seats all along the southend stand and probably 50-100 empty seats in the away area. Lot of Harps fans refusing to travel to Derry still, so pleasantly surprised to see a good crowd of Harps fans tonight.

Either way, was good to see a near full house for the derby.

Candystripe
22/02/2020, 2:07 AM
Most of the bar ones were probably Mark farren stand seats? Thought there were a good sized amount of seats empty there, but did notice a good few up in the bar area.

Were dotted seats all along the southend stand and probably 50-100 empty seats in the away area. Lot of Harps fans refusing to travel to Derry still, so pleasantly surprised to see a good crowd of Harps fans tonight.

Either way, was good to see a near full house for the derby.

Well, you's were top off the league coming to the Brandywell for the 1st time in history Nigel. 😁

oriel
22/02/2020, 11:11 AM
No worries at all me oul kipper.;)

I actually meant 'old kip' :p I Love Tolka Park.
Didn't mean to be mean about it.
I have an endearing <3 love for it and.... the Cat & Cage pub.

Yep - it has a charm about it and always nice to visit, C+C - another great spot, always think lovely atmosphere in these type of big pubs outside the city centre, on a Friday night.

RathfarnhamHoop
22/02/2020, 11:28 AM
Tolka presents an even tougher situation for bohs now, will be a not insignificant decrease in capacity when (if) they move there temporarily for Dalyer to be redeveloped.

Surely the new stand isn't unsalvageable though and a quick fix can get it up and going again? How much damage could have been done to it?
Should just demolish the other end imo at the very least it'd make room for food trucks and such and at most they could put a temporary stand there.

White Horse
22/02/2020, 12:08 PM
Should just demolish the other end imo at the very least it'd make room for food trucks and such and at most they could put a temporary stand there.

I noticed that half of the broken seating has been removed from the terracing behind that goal. Has it been established that this structure is unsafe for standing? It looks very solid.

Martinho II
22/02/2020, 1:39 PM
Didnt know that Ryan McBride stadium has a bar?

nigel-harps1954
22/02/2020, 1:41 PM
Didnt know that Ryan McBride stadium has a bar?

Members only or something.

Candystripe
22/02/2020, 6:26 PM

[QUOTE=nigel-harps1954;2032124]Members only or something.

That was two seasons ago that it was only season ticket holders with bar access included. It cost an extra £40.

Martinho II
23/02/2020, 1:52 PM
[QUOTE=nigel-harps1954;2032064]Most of the bar ones were probably Mark farren stand seats? Thought there were a good sized amount of seats empty there, but did notice a good few up in the bar area.

That was two seasons ago that it was only season ticket holders with bar access included. It cost an extra £40.

Was there a bar in that stand before that Brandywell by any chance?

outspoken
23/02/2020, 3:00 PM
Est of 450 at Bishopsgate last night. No sign of the big Rovers following we were all told would follow this team, shock.

Dreadful night for it and all the confusion really effected the clubs ability to promote the game. All week there was people on social media asking if the game was going ahead.

Looking forward to a big crowd in Drogheda next week for a proper game of football

Candystripe
23/02/2020, 3:51 PM
[QUOTE=Candystripe;2032178]

Was there a bar in that stand before that Brandywell by any chance?

No, it's a new bar built at the back of the Mark Farren stand with a great view of the pitch.