PDA

View Full Version : Mini Abramovich Bids For Rovers

Pages : [1] 2

Buller
23/05/2005, 6:25 PM
Hearld Sport; 23th Monday

Multi-Millionaire insurance tycoon Brooks Milson has emerged as the favourate to win the race to own Shamrock Rovers after making the highest bid to examiner Neil Hughes.

The man who pumped money into Scottish minnows Gretna FcC and helped the tiny club move from non-league football to promotion to Division 2 this season wants to do the same for the hoops.

Dutch side Den Haag made a late and extremely unsual bid, but Melson's offer trumped that attempt and at least two other well funded groups.

However there is still no guarentee that Melson will ultimatly be the owner of Rovers. Hughes must appear before the highcourt at the end of the week to make the case for allowing Rovers to continue as a going concern and that leaves four days for someone else to make a move.

Speculation suggests that there may be one other suprise offer before the end of the week is out, but it is thought that Milson's package is acceptable to all parties, including the influential 400 club.

Milson's involvement in Gretna has turned the club into one of the most upwardly mobile and vibrent football clubs in Brittain. Thanks to Milson, Gretna spent more money in the transfer market then most Scottish Premier League outfits.

A face
23/05/2005, 6:42 PM
Milson's involvement in Gretna has turned the club into one of the most upwardly mobile and vibrent football clubs in Brittain. Thanks to Milson, Gretna spent more money in the transfer market then most Scottish Premier League outfits.

It could be the fact that i have no interest in the SPL or anything below it but i never heard of Gretna before ..... am i on my own ??

I will not be holding my breath on this one, ..... my opinion is that if it is in the Hearld then it is to be taken with a grain of salt !!

JC_GUFC
23/05/2005, 6:54 PM
Gretna finished the season with a 100% home record in Scottish Div 3 - P18 W18 F70 A10

They were promoted in early March, finished 20 points clear of 2nd place Peterhead and Cowdenbeath were third a further 27 points behind!

There were only 4 of 36 league games they didn't win - 2 draws and 2 losses!

Apart from stats I know nothing about them - here's a story which is up on BBC though... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/g/gretna/4246661.stm

Éanna
23/05/2005, 7:01 PM
Yeah, just seen them occasionally on the tables on sky sports news. One of their strikers Deuchar (?) has 38 league goals- only 36 games in the season :eek:

Poor Student
23/05/2005, 7:05 PM
Over the last few weeks in seperate stories the Herald had Collins having lined up a mystery buyer and Aldridge and Fowler about to buy the club. This could easily be BS too. Can anyone from the 400 club confirm they've talked to him seeming as the article claims his package is acceptable?

Slash/ED
23/05/2005, 7:07 PM
Yeah I generally just ignore these stories now. If everyone who was rumoured to be buying Rovers did put money into them they'd be competing with Chelsea financially at this stage.

Good news if true but I'll wait for confirmation from within Rovers.

RacoonQueen
23/05/2005, 7:12 PM
If this is true, that's great news for Rovers. Don't know much about Gretna but what I do know is all good.

Réiteoir
23/05/2005, 7:28 PM
As posted on another forum:

If you are still feeling sorry for Rovers:

Watch as they walk away from debts of 2.5 million and reduce them to a pittance through the simple and handy expedient of examinership. Hoot with laughter as they walk scott-free into a tax payer bought modern custom built stadium in Tallaght. Slap your thighs at the thought of their new sugar daddy. Cough up your ribcage laughing at the sight of them buying whoever they want only months after begging for chips in Donegal.

It seems to me the only one with a ****ing clue in this league is Ollie Byrne. Our imbeciles just sit on their hands and offer up "but for the grace of god{s}. Rovers getting away with a mere 8 points deduction is a disgrace and Ollie Byrne knows it and has the bottle to say it and the street smarts to do something about it. Why is one of the architects of our mess not kicking up **** about it too? We should all be demanding to know the answer to that one.

Slash/ED
23/05/2005, 7:34 PM
Is that from a Bohs forum?

Réiteoir
23/05/2005, 7:37 PM
Is that from a Bohs forum?

Yes it is

dcfcsteve
23/05/2005, 7:57 PM
Anyone looking to save Rovers is good news, but I really don't like the sound of this Melsom guy.

He has pumped an obscene amount of money into Gretna FC. Gretna is a borders town famous for nothing but runaway marriages for English people. It's tiny - I'm guessing a population of only about 10,000. Along comes some multi-millionaire and pumps loads of money into a club that is never ever going to be a significant player in Scottish football. Great if he's a local lad and has a big affinity with the club - but the fact that he's now looking to do the same to an Irish club suggests it's more a case of looking for playthings. If you and me came into a bit of money, we might treat ourselves with a nice new car, Millionaires go out and buy football clubs.

I don't think Rovers long term future - or the future of any Irish team - lies in becoming a plaything for middle-aged millionaires. The shadow of Louis Kilcoyne still hangs large over Shamrock Rovers. He was a man who pumped lots of his personal wealth into Rovers, made them invincible in Ireland and went public with serious intentions towards European success. And then when he got bored and/ore needed his money out, he sold Glenmalure Park, made Rovers homeless, and walked away to become FAI President.

If Rovers becomes the property of another millionaire who does not have the genuine interests of the club at heart, then there is absolutely nothing to stop all this from happening again. The only way to prevent it that I can see is if the new ground in Tallaght is owned independently of the club (i.e. it's greatest asset isn't available to be stripped). But given that new money is needed to complete that project, this will never happen.

The new Tallaght stadium is in an absolutely prime location in an area of Dublin with a huge population. Some bored millionaire may well look to buy Rovers with good intentions now, but there will always come a time when they walk away. It's inevitable. The best you can hope for is that they head off into the sunset and leave the club in a healthy condition in the hands of its fans. The worst is that they need to get their hands on money quickly (e.g their other business interests fail) and they need to quickly cash-in on the clubs assets (i.e. land).

The longer-term future of football clubs does not lie in millionaires with unrealistic ambitions, objectives or intentions. That has been proven time and again in England.

Poor Student
23/05/2005, 8:07 PM
Steve I'd take the article with more than a heavy pinch of salt. However I completely agree with that you said. Clubs in Ireland like indeed all football clubs I believe need to be self sustaining even if they level of income you raise is low. If some outside influence artificially boots outlay and funds this personally to supplement the shortfall between income and expenditure the club would be up the creek if the person got bored or ran short of cash. Abramovich has brought in Kenyon to Chelsea to boost their brand and make them self sustaining. Only if the outside cash injection is a catalyst in a well planned aim to boost the revenue taking powers of the club it's better off not coming in at all.

Réiteoir
23/05/2005, 8:08 PM
Gretna used to play in the Unibond League Premier Division (2 levels below the Football League at the time) in England before they "moved" registrations to the Scottish FA to allow them to play in the Scottish League system

joeraki
23/05/2005, 8:22 PM
If Rovers becomes the property of another millionaire who does not have the genuine interests of the club at heart, then there is absolutely nothing to stop all this from happening again.

There is. The council have taken back the lease off Rovers for the ground and I think are working towards getting the other bit of the lease off the property people that somehow got a piece of the land. If Rovers move in on a long-term lease and the council own the stadium then it can't be sold by anyone. Apart from the land there little or nothing at all this millionaire could sell if he wanted out. Doesn't seem to bad, but its a newspaper story, so we'll wait and see.

However there is still no guarentee that Melson will ultimatly be the owner of Rovers. Hughes must appear before the highcourt at the end of the week to make the case for allowing Rovers to continue as a going concern and that leaves four days for someone else to make a move

If that parts true then it'll be public knowledge on Friday as to whats happening

Slash/ED
23/05/2005, 8:47 PM
Yes it is

That makes the second paragraph very suprising, you know that a Bohs fan must REALLY hate someone if he praises Olly Byrne to get at them :D

Réiteoir
23/05/2005, 8:58 PM
Well I actually agree with Ollie on this occasion, there are absolutely no grounds for retaining Rovers in this league and he is right to put the boot in.

He sees what is around the corner, Rovers will, if allowed, run away from their debts, get into a brand new ground for free and find another sugar daddy in the nick of time, allowing them to walk **** of the hoop {sorry for the pun} over other clubs who pay their way.

Ollie would be an idiot to allow this to happen and is acting in the best interest of Shelbourne FC. I just wonder why our FAI representatives seem so reluctant to act in our best interests too?

4tothefloor
23/05/2005, 10:29 PM
Rovers should be relegated, simple as that. As it stands they still have a base to go from paupers to kings. That's not right, they should be relegated for mismanagement and made rebuild completely.

mypost
24/05/2005, 4:02 AM
Yes, of course, Limerick are the model example of how to manage a football club, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Limerick almost went out of football less than 2 years ago. Limerick, like Rovers, initially failed to get a club licence when the licensing scheme was introduced. Limerick were homeless for ages. They began last season, with only half a squad of registered players. None of which was down to bad management, of course!! So, Limerick are a club ideally placed to advise the FAI about what they should do with Rovers, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Of all the other clubs in the NL, Limerick and their fans should at least have some understanding of the problems that Rovers have had to put up with for so long. :mad:

pete
24/05/2005, 10:46 AM
I think last season Rovers had a scottish player from some lower league team (maybe Gretna) on loan with the scottish club actually paying his wages. Don't know what happened to him but maybe theres some link here with that Milson guy?

bigmac
24/05/2005, 11:13 AM
Yes, of course, Limerick are the model example of how to manage a football club, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Limerick almost went out of football less than 2 years ago. Limerick, like Rovers, initially failed to get a club licence when the licensing scheme was introduced. Limerick were homeless for ages. They began last season, with only half a squad of registered players. None of which was down to bad management, of course!! So, Limerick are a club ideally placed to advise the FAI about what they should do with Rovers, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Of all the other clubs in the NL, Limerick and their fans should at least have some understanding of the problems that Rovers have had to put up with for so long. :mad:

of course it was bad management - but they weren't bailed out by an examiner with their debts written off and handed a stadium on a plate.

Personally I think 8 points is getting off lightly, IMO Rovers should drop to the first division, get into Tallaght as soon as possible and rebuild from there - with the good fanbase they have - 400 club a great example - they wouldn't lose that much support and could be back in the premier in a much better position within a season or two. A healthy Shamrock Rovers club is good for the league but the current situation benefits nobody.

Éanna
24/05/2005, 11:15 AM
I think last season Rovers had a scottish player from some lower league team (maybe Gretna) on loan with the scottish club actually paying his wages. Don't know what happened to him but maybe theres some link here with that Milson guy?
I thought it was that fella Cameron who was with them at the start of this season

manic da hoop
24/05/2005, 11:42 AM
It is, he's still here, and he's ****e! Scored something like 35 goals for Gretna last season, but by the look of him couldn't kick snow off a rope. Just goes to show the gulf in standards between us and the Scottish Third. I only hope that our new/would-be investors are aware of this.

Réiteoir
24/05/2005, 2:40 PM

Did Limerick submit incorrect financial documentation to fraudulently gain an operating license?

No they didn't.

If this was Switzerland, Italy or any other nation with a National Association with half a clue Rovers would have been immediately booted out of the league and closed down - full stop.

Just thank your lucky stars you have the FAI in "charge" of things.

Just a sham(rock) of a club trading on nothing but a name and past glories, with nothing to offer anyone in the modern era.

Éanna
24/05/2005, 2:46 PM
If this was Switzerland, Italy or any other nation with a National Association with half a clue Rovers would have been immediately booted out of the league and closed down - full stop.
Yes, and if it was any other nation with a National association with half a clue, they would have acted on the tip-off given to them by Rovers fans that the accounts were falsified. The FAI have a massive amount of responsibility in this too

WeAreRovers
24/05/2005, 2:57 PM
Just a sham(rock) of a club trading on nothing but a name and past glories, with nothing to offer anyone in the modern era.

:D

Getting worried? Our debt is about to be cleared (legally BTW, it's called examinership) and a huge cash injection is on its way meanwhile Bohs chase a dream for a couple of years and end up in debt to the tune of nearly €2 million. I'd get the For Sale signs up on ****er Dignams field if I were you lot.

BTW See Eanná's post for the reasson why the FAI havn't a leg to stand on. It's wishful thinking to bleat about Switzerland or Italy - this is Ireland in case you'd forgotten.

KOH

Réiteoir
24/05/2005, 3:12 PM

Getting worried?

Not really - Rovers will get their just desserts in time.

meanwhile Bohs chase a dream for a couple of years and end up in debt to the tune of nearly €2 million. I'd get the For Sale signs up on ****er Dignams field if I were you lot.

I'd rather be in debt than gain documentation fraudulently - it's called having some principles and playing to the rules - something that Rovers don't seem to have grasped.

BTW See Eanná's post for the reason why the FAI havn't a leg to stand on. It's wishful thinking to bleat about Switzerland or Italy - this is Ireland in case you'd forgotten.

KOH

I've had 25 years experience of the incompetence of the English FA - I've got used to it.

Plus the beer is cheaper in Switzerland and Italy :D

WeAreRovers
24/05/2005, 4:21 PM
I'd rather be in debt than gain documentation fraudulently - it's called having some principles and playing to the rules - something that Rovers don't seem to have grasped.

Eh, we (400 Club) were the ones who pointed the problem out to the FAI - the old regime have gone and we were the ones that wanted shot of them. Having principles and playing by the rules are what we're about. Shame about the FAI. :rolleyes:

KOH

dancinpants
24/05/2005, 9:55 PM
Another wee side note on Gretna's season: in their 36 games they conceded 29 and scored 130 :eek: . +101 Goal Difference :eek:

dcfcsteve
24/05/2005, 11:29 PM
Another wee side note on Gretna's season: in their 36 games they conceded 29 and scored 130 :eek: . +101 Goal Difference :eek:

To be fair conceeding 29 goals in 36 games isn't tremendous defensive form and suggests very few clean sheets.

But then if you're banging in 130, you can afford such defensive luxuries...! :eek:

dancinpants
25/05/2005, 2:40 AM
To be fair conceeding 29 goals in 36 games isn't tremendous defensive form and suggests very few clean sheets.

I never said it was tremendous, but there's nothing wrong with conceding less than a goal per game on average!!!. Just seen their last 10 results - 7 of them were cleans sheets. Steve look at Derrys defensive record at the mo - conceded 6 goals in 10 games yet they've kept 7 clean sheets. Basically ye can't base clean sheets on the goal against column. ;)

Another side note: five of their players bagged 93 league goal between them!!!! :eek:

dancinpants
25/05/2005, 2:59 AM

Getting worried? Our debt is about to be cleared (legally BTW, it's called examinership) and a huge cash injection is on its way KOH

Throwing money at a problem doesn't necessarily mean you'll fix it.

Here WAR, just to remind you - RODDY COLLINS is yer manager, so don't get carried away. If theres one manager in this league who can whittle away a "cash injection" buying pure poo, its the Rod Man... ;) . (Envisioning an influx of washed up players from England on massive wages playing for Rovers :rolleyes: )

Passive
25/05/2005, 10:41 AM
SteveDCFC: good post and you definitely have a point. If we were going to own Tallaght then I would be very suspicious about any potential investor. However, the stadium will be owned by the council and so there is no question of an investor using us as a way to get his hands on prime land.

From a Rovers point of view, our biggest worry is that the new guy will be another Alan McGrath. When McGrath came in in '96 we were told that money was no object and that we'd be in Tallaght within a year. Then, six months down the road, McGrath started wondering why running the club was costing him so much. He basically had no idea about the costs of running a club and we are still suffering from his tenure.

However, this Quigley guy is a frontman for Mileson, who understands that clubs do cost money to run. I think he'll be entering this with his eyes wide open. I'm still sceptical to a certain degree, but it does sound promising.

By the way, it's not a 100% done deal yet. My understanding is that it could still fall through but that talks are going very, very well.

WeAreRovers
25/05/2005, 10:46 AM
Throwing money at a problem doesn't necessarily mean you'll fix it.

Here WAR, just to remind you - RODDY COLLINS is yer manager, so don't get carried away. If theres one manager in this league who can whittle away a "cash injection" buying pure poo, its the Rod Man... ;) . (Envisioning an influx of washed up players from England on massive wages playing for Rovers :rolleyes: )

I'm well aware of that, it's just when I smell even a hint of panic from the gypos I feel duty bound to jump in and crank it up. ;)

KOH

Buller
25/05/2005, 6:28 PM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.bull30/ROVERS%20%8070%20MILLION%20INVESTOR.jpg
:D :D :D
Todays paper....

dcfcsteve
25/05/2005, 11:36 PM
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.bull30/ROVERS%20%8070%20MILLION%20INVESTOR.jpg
:D :D :D
Todays paper....

Good to see Roddy as modest as ever : "They're doing this just for me. I got them to spend the money".

And then the expected talk of shipping in big-money players from England. Oh dear....

I think Roddy is completely the wrong person to manage an Irish club with money, as his management style seems to consist purely of attempting to buy success.

If Roddy gets the cash, brings in some big English names (now where have I heard him doing that before....?) and there's no silverware or European results in the next couple of seasons, does anyone honestly believe these fellas will continue to pour money down a hole on big-money English players ?

Roverstillidie
26/05/2005, 9:40 AM
If Roddy gets the cash, brings in some big English names (now where have I heard him doing that before....?) and there's no silverware or European results in the next couple of seasons, does anyone honestly believe these fellas will continue to pour money down a hole on big-money English players ?

deal isnt even done and the bitterness has begun

NO-ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE

dcfcsteve
26/05/2005, 9:58 AM
deal isnt even done and the bitterness has begun

NO-ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE

It's called a dose of reality, RTID - nothing to do with bitterness. I've posed a sensible question, of the type of scenario that arises time and again in football. Why pretend it could never happen, and instead question the motives of the person who raises it ?

And anyway, why would I be bitter ? I think anyone looking to buy into ANY football club in these islands with the aim of making money (bar a tiny handful like Man U & Celtic) is going to get their fingers burnt. Much bigger businessmen have got their fingers burnt with much bigger teams in England. To make money on Irish football would essentially involve gambling on European success, to secure enough new fans to make it financially worthwhile. I therefore DO NOT want anyone to try to buy Derry City with a view to making money on it. Repeat - I personally WOULD NOT want the same guy to buy into my club, as I would be genuinely concerned about the consequences. So therefore how can I be bitter about it ?

If he does buy Rovers, did I'd genuiinely wish him good luck in making it all work. But having an investment in Gretna as your main credentials for being able to back football teams with potential is hardly a solid endorsement !

joeSoap
26/05/2005, 10:37 AM

On your first point, yes I do believe that Limerick are now a model on how a football club should be run. The attendances are up 1000% (yes 1000) on last season through clever use of marketing, pr and hard graft by the new owners, the club is completely debt free, has a local manager who has no delusions of grandeur, and while there could have been a lot of money at his disposal, the club shopped local, have kept wages largely performance related, and are getting better both on and off the field on a weekly basis.Plans such as ground development and stabilisation are far more important to us short term than success on the field, and maybe a season or two in the first division might teach ye a few values...things that are sadly lacking in Shamrock Rovers.

By and large, Limerick fans do have a lot of sympathy for Rovers plight. They are the most synonymous name is League of Ireland history, and they should always have a place in it.So too do our new owners, who financially bailed ye out on one occassion last season if my memory serves me correctly. What is particularly galling is the fact that lessons probably won't be learned, and the minute that idiot gets his hands on a few quid, he'll probably offer Denis Wise a contract worth €4k a week. He's bad for your club, and football in general.

Time for Rovers to rationalise everything...admit rock bottom and then theres only one way ye can go. We know this, we've been there and are still a long way off where we want to get to , both on and off the pitch. It can be done, but only with the right people, people that love the club, not those happy to accept €1600 a week in wages while the club is in examinership, and even worse, be proud enough to accept handouts from loyal devout fans who should never have been put in the position in the first place.

manic da hoop
26/05/2005, 11:18 AM
A few excellent points there. I, for one, am reserving judgement until I find out a whole lot more. Hopefully once at sit-down with the 400 Club trustees takes place alot of very important issues will be clarified. Limerick are an excellent example of how circumstances can be dramatically turned around for the better thanks to having the right people with the right ideas in place, not simply introducing a suger-daddy who will simply throw money at the club and then sit back and wait for the trophies to stack up. we've had enough people like that at Rovers in recent years, and all have failed miserably. Please don't think that any of us Hoops are not keeping a very steady and sceptical, eye on proceedings. Afterall, it was us, the fans, that called time on the madness that was going on prior to examinership. If similar people to those that were there before come in now, all the good work of the 400 Club will have benn for nothing.

lefty
26/05/2005, 11:27 AM
Its alright lads stop worrying, Rod says hes going to bring the Eircom League into a new dimension so were all sorted :p

joeSoap
26/05/2005, 11:37 AM
Its alright lads stop worrying, Rod says hes going to bring the Eircom League into a new dimension so were all sorted :p

The same dimension that saw Carlisle playing non league football, or the 'lets get a chairman of a small club to splash out a few hundred thousand on me and my dumber thn dumb ideas??'

The mans a joke. Until Rovers and Eircom League football see the back of him, then nothing will progress.

WeAreRovers
26/05/2005, 11:42 AM
The mans a joke. Until Rovers and Eircom League football see the back of him, then nothing will progress.

Why are people so obsessed about Roddy? It's not about the manager, it's about securing the future of Ireland's most successful and most famous club.

If the 400 Club give their seal of approval then we'll all get behind the new man. Hopefully the 400 Club will secure equity and a place on the Board and we can go about stabilising the club and building for the future.

A year ago or even 2 months ago we'd have jumped at this. Remember - Maguire is gone, the creditors will be paid and the 400 Club have saved Rovers. Onwards and upwards.

KOH

joeSoap
26/05/2005, 12:06 PM
Why are people so obsessed about Roddy? It's not about the manager, it's about securing the future of Ireland's most successful and most famous club.
KOHFor me, you've answered your own question. The future of the club is intrinsically linked to its manager, and the input he has. Roddys input is always to spend spend spend nd live with the consequences of your actions thereafter. I believe the club has no future with him at the helm because he's too opinionated, doesn't have a sound economic brain, and is allowed influence too many people. This supposed investor, and I hope it materialises, has been strongly linked to Roddy at Carlisle. He's coming in based on Roddy and whatever Roddy has told him. John Courtenay did the same thing at Carlisle and it nearly bankrupted the man and caused him several sleepless nights...for me no club has a future with him being so involved in off the field matters. I'm not questioning his football or managerial ability, I'm merely saying that he'll cause you a lot of heartache off it.

anto eile
26/05/2005, 12:17 PM
Not really - Rovers will get their just desserts in time.

weve put up with that just deserts already, we deserve this good turn of fortune after all the shyte weve been thru in the last 2 decades.

its funny watching olly byrne running scared..and you bitter gypos can continue doing what you do best.let your twisted jealousy of the Superhoops eat you alive!

WeAreRovers
26/05/2005, 12:21 PM
For me, you've answered your own question. The future of the club is intrinsically linked to its manager, and the input he has.

Manager = Short term future

Owner/Investor = Long term future

This investor has roughly 10 times the money Courteny has (had!) and has done a great job at Gretna. Even if he's a buddy of Roddy's, Roddy will remain an employee and like all rubbish managers will eventually be sacked.

We've had nearly 20 years of heartache and living from hand-to-mouth, this is about a new start for the club we love passionately. It's about where we'll be in 10 years time not 10 months time.

KOH

joeSoap
26/05/2005, 12:38 PM
Thats all what we're about here, and I wish ye well.

Still think ye need rid of him though, although probably not until this investor has put his money where his mouth is.

chippie0001
26/05/2005, 12:39 PM

If the 400 Club give their seal of approval then we'll all get behind the new man. Hopefully the 400 Club will secure equity and a place on the Board and we can go about stabilising the club and building for the future.

A year ago or even 2 months ago we'd have jumped at this. Remember - Maguire is gone, the creditors will be paid and the 400 Club have saved Rovers. Onwards and upwards.

KOH
Ah now come on WAR, dont you mean the creditors will get a tiny amount of what they are owed, not actually paid. :cool:

WeAreRovers
26/05/2005, 1:16 PM
Thats all what we're about here, and I wish ye well.

Still think ye need rid of him though, although probably not until this investor has put his money where his mouth is.

Cheers, hopefully someday both clubs will be back where they belong at the top of Irish football.

Chippie - In your line of business you know full well that our creditors will be delighted to get anything. Under the last regime we were headed for liquidation, they'd have got sod all and they know it. It's what examinership is all about though as I said to you before I agree there should be an automatic points deduction for going into examinership.

KOH

Ringo
26/05/2005, 1:23 PM
doesn't have a sound economic brain, and is allowed influence too many people.

Doesn't have a brain at all. rents one brain cell from his minder :p

Green Force
26/05/2005, 9:00 PM
Rovers were a day away from going bust and the creditors getting nothing. All the bohs fans and Olly would have been celebrating.
But luckily a solicitor sueing Branvard suggested the examinership route wherby, perfectly legally, an attempt is made to better satisy creditors than in a liquidation scenario. It is up to the creditors to agree their part so if they are happy to accept €0.30 in the €1 then no one can complain about the debt we've racked up as the new investor will have Settled it with the people it is owed to! It is for this reason that Rovers have not been punished for being in examinership as it means Rovers will now better satisy the creditors.

So get over it. The last thing the league needs is a Review of All the licences.....