PDA

View Full Version : The Rebel County

liam88
23/05/2005, 12:15 PM
Sorry if anyone took offence to this......I wasn't having a dig, "**** stirring" or anything else I was wondering what people thought of the county nickname-sorry lads!
I know people can support who they like and to be honest it was more a referance to people in Cork supporting Linfield against Shelbourne than Rangers against Celtic-I didn't post it in a football board because it wasn't specifically about football.....

Éanna
23/05/2005, 12:32 PM
What the blazes ARE you on about?! :rolleyes: People can support who they like FFS. Got talk Scottish politics in Scotland :rolleyes:

Macy
23/05/2005, 12:46 PM
Liam, one more thread that could possibly develop into a celtic thread, and it's a warning.

Dublin12
23/05/2005, 12:49 PM
Imagine..a thread on a football website about a football team could lead to a ban :rolleyes:

Éanna
23/05/2005, 12:54 PM
Imagine..a thread on a football website about a football team could lead to a ban :rolleyes:
That post by liam88 has nothing to do with football. It's a snide, childish dig and a very, very poor attempt to stir **** from someone who should know a hell of a lot better

Macy
23/05/2005, 12:55 PM
Why didn't he post it in one of the football forums then? Blatant trolling, on an issue that he knows is sensitive/banned.

Peadar
23/05/2005, 1:00 PM
i'm just interested if the one's who gave that support want to loose the 'Rebel County' label?

Do you know where the reference to "Rebel County" originated, Liam?

Dublin12
23/05/2005, 1:00 PM
Ok,fair enough,my apologies.Didn't see it as a wind-up but now that you mention it..

Closed Account 2
23/05/2005, 1:07 PM
Anyone seen this Peoples' Republic of Cork (http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/) thing ? Whats it all about, do they actually want some sort of devolution from Dublin, or is it just a joke ?

Éanna
23/05/2005, 1:12 PM
Anyone seen this Peoples' Republic of Cork (http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/) thing ? Whats it all about, do they actually want some sort of devolution from Dublin, or is it just a joke ?I'll put it to ya this way- they don't run candidates in the elections! Nah, it's pretty much tongue-in-cheek. Celebrating diversity and all that :)

liam88
23/05/2005, 1:15 PM
Do you know where the reference to "Rebel County" originated, Liam?
Wasn't it originally an English insult but then sort of adopted by the people of Cork in solidarity with the Cork brigade, Michael Collins etc.?