PDA

View Full Version : All kicked off in Belfast last night....

liam88
23/05/2005, 8:36 AM
....is it me or was that worse (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4571373.stm) than 2 seasons ago?

dcfcsteve
23/05/2005, 9:05 AM
It is ludicrous when you think about it - all because of a football match in Scotland.

Meanwhile - the area I live in in London (Stockwell - 40,000 Portuguese residents) was buzzing last night after Benfica won the Portuguese league. Loads of people out celebrating, cars beeping their horns, a cavalcade driving through the area, no trouble that I saw. Didn't see or hear a peep from the Chelsea celebrations down my way.... :)

pete
23/05/2005, 10:01 AM
Should ban all scottish jerseys on basis that they are an encitement to hatred.

Eire06
23/05/2005, 10:15 AM
Should ban all scottish jerseys on basis that they are an encitement to hatred.
It just seems to be a certain two that have trouble following them!!
Not all Scottish soccer

Poor Student
23/05/2005, 10:33 AM
It just seems to be a certain two that have trouble following them!!
Not all Scottish soccer

Now come on, doesn't an East Stirling jersey just make your blood boil? :rolleyes:

Eire06
23/05/2005, 10:35 AM
Now come on, doesn't an East Stirling jersey just make your blood boil? :rolleyes:
Oh ya forgot about that one.... :rolleyes:

stojkovic
23/05/2005, 10:46 AM
They'd just wear Ireland & Eng./Holland jerseys instead. :eek:
Heard a bloke in the pub yesterday say 'what the fcuk are them huns doing with an English flag in Scotland'

So I said 'same as those Celtic fans with Irish flags in Scotland'

Shut him up.

liam88
23/05/2005, 12:09 PM
Heard a bloke in the pub yesterday say 'what the fcuk are them huns doing with an English flag in Scotland'

Shut him up.

hmm think you'll find most of the Celtic fand with Irish flags wuld class themselves as Irish- 1G/2G/3G....still Irish......whereas the Rangers fans with the English flags often class themselves as Scottish not English but then wave around the SJC. To be honest it doesn't bother me that much-as an Irishman or a Celtic fan-the Rangers fans can wave whatever flag they like so long as it's not linked to terrorism/bigotted organisations.

Just interested to know....people saying about Scottish football shirts in Northern Ireland-what about the Palestinian flag above the Free Derry sign and the star of David up (correct me if i'm wrong) Sandy Row........don't ya find that a bit stranger ;)

Éanna
23/05/2005, 12:35 PM

Shut him up.
:D :D Brilliant! Similar to a comment I made to a Celtic "fan" the other night outside turners cross. I told him "Celtic pay their taxes to the queen." In fairness to him, he had a great comeback "**** you ya hun." :rolleyes:

Closed Account 2
23/05/2005, 12:42 PM
Just interested to know....people saying about Scottish football shirts in Northern Ireland-what about the Palestinian flag above the Free Derry sign and the star of David up (correct me if i'm wrong) Sandy Row........don't ya find that a bit stranger ;)

You mean stuff like this (http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/1345199.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE7106346AA1685A6FB798C680BD35 5A75)?

Macy
23/05/2005, 12:44 PM
No,just annoying. A bit like people trying to sneak in yet another Celtic v Rangers thread on to foot.ie.....

liam88
23/05/2005, 1:09 PM
No,just annoying. A bit like people trying to sneak in yet another Celtic v Rangers thread on to foot.ie.....
...who are you referring to-I was talking about secaterian problems in Belfast growing worse in the last two years.