PDA

View Full Version : Kilkenny City

Eire06
23/05/2005, 8:06 AM
Galway Utd V Kilkenny City May 27th 7.30pm...

This is one we should and really have to win!!

After only managing a draw away to a poor Kilkenny team in April,
Hopefully we'll take the 3 points from it :D

JC_GUFC
23/05/2005, 7:12 PM
Galway Utd V Kilkenny City May 27th 7.30pm...

This is one we should and really have to win!!

Why do we have to win it - there's no plan for the club to get promoted - I guess what we're playing for is avoiding re-election so yeah it's an important match!

Patrick Dunne
23/05/2005, 9:40 PM
Your identity has been revealed to me. Unless you are ready to pledge allegiance to OGC (Our Great Club), you will be purged. Its off to Kazakhstan for you, you neo-Trotskyite !

Unless you would prefer an icepick in the head :D

Eire06
24/05/2005, 10:02 AM
Why do we have to win it - there's no plan for the club to get promoted - I guess what we're playing for is avoiding re-election so yeah it's an important match!
Well I would prefer to be nearer the top half of the league rather than the bottom...
Every match is important to win.. Not going to lie down and die because promotion is off the tables...

It is a match we should win

galwaygirl
24/05/2005, 10:12 AM
Well I would prefer to be nearer the top half of the league rather than the bottom...
Every match is important to win.. Not going to lie down and die because promotion is off the tables...

It is a match we should win

Hear hear, Eire06. You tell him :D :D

Conor H
24/05/2005, 6:10 PM
I think we'll win it alright but not by much for 2 reasons
(i)Kilkenny are atough team to break down
(ii)At the moment wre simply useless with no goal threat.

Hopefully we'll get the 3 points as promotion is not out of the question yet and if we win our game in hand were only six points off second.

GalwayFrancis
24/05/2005, 6:51 PM
I think we'll win it alright but not by much for 2 reasons
(i)Kilkenny are atough team to break down
(ii)At the moment wre simply useless with no goal threat.

Hopefully we'll get the 3 points as promotion is not out of the question yet and if we win our game in hand were only six points off second.

i like your optimism coror h, but id say promotion is well out of the question unless utd bring in at least 3 good players in the june transfer window

JC_GUFC
24/05/2005, 8:43 PM

Of course - but does anyone from the board/playing staff share the same sentiments?!

When was the last statement by the board in relation to a plan for the club. Most clubs within the league at least have some feedback - even if it's a token piece ghost-written in the programme.
United have nothing... :(

Patrick Dunne
25/05/2005, 12:40 PM
JC_GUFC, you know welll that we are in first year of a five year plan, following on from our previous three year plan. You should be thankful we have a club at all, you ungrateful cur.

Fall on your knees and beg forgivenness, and your life may be saved.

galwaygirl
26/05/2005, 1:34 PM
http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/

Team news:

Galway United should have a full squad for the visit of Kilkenny City to Terryland Park. Conor Frawley made his comeback as a substitute in our last home fixture against Monaghan United and will be pushing for a place from the start.

Eire06
27/05/2005, 2:16 PM
http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/

Team news:

Galway United should have a full squad for the visit of Kilkenny City to Terryland Park. Conor Frawley made his comeback as a substitute in our last home fixture against Monaghan United and will be pushing for a place from the start.
Just hopes it stops bucketing!!! :mad:
We better win this one really need to move up the league a bit, don't like bein in the botton half!! :o