PDA

View Full Version : form of new signings

roversforever
22/05/2005, 5:29 PM
how does everybody think our new signings are doing so far?delighted with kupono low,he's a really good player and always a threat from free kicks.faz is very good but i feel he needs to play in the middle of the park, not out on the wing.for me alvarez is just not good enough.he looks like a junior striker at best.for a man his size he's terrible in the air,poor control,poor passing!

The Stars
22/05/2005, 10:28 PM
Liam Burns and Kupano Low have been the best signings for me. Always dependable and reliable. Faz shows real signs of class and if his preformances can become consistant,thats when rovers will really start playing.
I think Sean Flannery is a joke.He is clearly unfit and although he is in the team to win headers he rarely does.During the Dublin match he never once linked up with McTiernan and when McT was competing in the air from goalkicks,Flannery was mooping around on the other side of the pitch.He didnt pose any threat to Dublin who dealt with him easily.As for Gallagher,the sooner he is out of the team the better.rarely looks for a pass into midfield like Low does on the far side,and every ball is lobed up the pitch like a typical GAA man..
Thank god we have McTeirnan back cos without him he are too direct.
I think the key to getting up this season is to pass the ball around on the ground.when we do this it is very difficult for teams to compete with us.

Da Real Rover
23/05/2005, 3:43 PM
I'd agree with most of the above but ye all seem to be forgetting probably are most consistent new signing, O'Hara.

Petmuller
23/05/2005, 4:04 PM
I'd agree with most of the above but ye all seem to be forgetting probably are most consistent new signing, O'Hara.
Totally agree, I was thinking the very same myself as I read down through the varius threads. That save he pulled off at the end of the game last saturday will take some beating. Burns and Low are certainly class players, Faz I'm not sure about. There's no doubt that he's a class act but he's not a first division player.

roversforever
23/05/2005, 6:07 PM
Ya O Hara has been brilliant.totally agree about phillip gallagher,he's not good enough.i don't agree with the point about sean flannery.he does look unfit but i think we need somebody like him up there to compete in the air.look at the alternatives....brian tosh won't win a ball in the air,alvarez is big but never wins a header.i dont't think foley or O' Donnell are strikers either.wasn't too impressed by steve feeney the last night against dublin.

The Stars
24/05/2005, 8:11 AM
In fairness he did score against kilkenny,so i have to give him that much but that is where the praise stops.
Everybody says he tries hard,but what player doesn't.
Maybe steven o donnell's best position is midfield but if he plays there who can he leave out?
People say we need him because he is a presence up there but i think Flannery is a liability.He rarely wins headers,cant hold up the ball when played to feet,is as slow as Christmas and seems to be a very difficult player to partener up front as he doesnt work with the other forward.
Now take Steven O'Donnell.He is fast,great first touch,can run at and beat people,creates chances and most of all scores goals.