PDA

View Full Version : Sligo 1-1 Dublin

The Stars
21/05/2005, 8:50 PM
Well not a bad result considering the referee was a Sherman from american pie lookalike.Deering was a disgrace,cant believe he is from sligo.
What do you guys think of the result.

Petmuller
21/05/2005, 11:28 PM
I suppose going into tonight's game the one thing we didn't want was a defeat. Now I'm left thinking just what might have been. I think my man McTiernan should have done better in the second half when he rounded their keeper and shot over. The penalty decision has been baffled to say the least. Our goal I now see is put down to McNamara and I thought Kupono had struck gold again. We were well on top up until they scored from the spot. I suppose the result was fair in the end.
I can't understand the actions of the referee and some of his decisions. The fourth official certainly hasn't a soft spot for his home team. I'll say no more on that one.

Da Real Rover
22/05/2005, 10:32 AM
Rovers deserved to win and as usual we were cheated out of it by that joke of a ref. Deering your a disgrace. Mc Tiernan played a blinder.

1 9 2 8
22/05/2005, 11:26 AM
We were robbed :mad: :mad: :mad:

shedhead
22/05/2005, 1:18 PM
Referee was a fcukin disgrace, The penalty was never a penalty,another intersesting one to watch on eircom league weekly. There lots of frees givin against rovers for no reason.Funniest was when steve made bits of a player just on the edge of the box with a few minutes to go and yer man fell over himself when he was turned and the ref blow it up for a free to dublin city,absolute sH8it refereein. The ref and co just cost rovers the chance to go joint top. And mcternian did play well as well,give him another game and watch out harps!

roversforever
22/05/2005, 5:18 PM
We deserved to win.McTiernan was excellent.bit dissapointed with faz.i don't think he's comfortable on the left wing.he needs to be in the centre.not a phillip gallagher fan.id like to seesean purcell given a chance if he ever gets back from injury.was it a penalty at the end?looked like it to me but the referee missed it.....again!!

sligoman
22/05/2005, 9:53 PM
What do you guys think of the result.

Totally undeserved. We deserved to take all three points, no problem. If Dublin City continue to play like that then we wont have to worry about them winning the league because they were brutal!. Something has got to be done about the refereeing situation at Sligo Rovers games,(and probably all other EL Games) it's absolutely terrible.

What was Sean Conor sent off for? I missed that bit. I look away for 10 seconds and he's dismissed. What happened? I presume it was something stupid? :confused:

Key Players of the game: Low, Cretaro, Mc Tiernan, Mc Namara.

blueviking1980
22/05/2005, 11:16 PM
Ah well, ya know.. wat comes around goes around. Dont feel too bad about the game etc. Sure wont ya's get up in the play-offs? :p

shedhead
23/05/2005, 12:13 AM
ya thats true we will still go up in the playoffs, cause we all know cobh will win it.

Da Real Rover
23/05/2005, 3:52 PM
Even ye few Dublin fans that were there could see how the Ref and most of all the linesman and fourth official had a complete bias against us.

sligoman
23/05/2005, 4:35 PM
ya thats true we will still go up in the playoffs, cause we all know cobh will win it.

:D :D

sligoman
23/05/2005, 4:35 PM
Ah well, ya know.. wat comes around goes around. Dont feel too bad about the game etc. Sure wont ya's get up in the play-offs? :p

Were you at the game?